+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's visitor visa refused

juicydec

Jun 18, 2023
Hello everyone, my wife and I are both from China; she will start pursuing graduate studies in Boston this September, while I will do my Ph.D. in Winnipeg this September. My wife applied for a visitor visa early this year in China (she applied before she obtained her U.S. F-1 visa) but got rejected. Here are the reasons for the denial from the case note:

"I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The applicant's assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for themselves (and any accompanying family members), if applicable). The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

My wife did not obtain her U.S. F-1 visa when applying (now she has it), so she provided her graduate program offer letter and other supporting documents to prove that she would leave Canada for the U.S. after the visit. We guess that was one of the reasons for the denial, as the offer letter might not fully convince the visa officer that she would successfully obtain a U.S. F-1 visa.

Should she wait to reapply for the visitor visa until she starts her graduate program in the U.S.? Do you have any advice for her next application? Is there anything she needs to take care of when reapplying for it?

Thank you guys in advance!

rockers2012

May 8, 2012
Hello everyone, my wife and I are both from China; she will start pursuing graduate studies in Boston this September, while I will do my Ph.D. in Winnipeg this September. My wife applied for a visitor visa early this year in China (she applied before she obtained her U.S. F-1 visa) but got rejected. Here are the reasons for the denial from the case note:

"I have reviewed the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The applicant's assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for themselves (and any accompanying family members), if applicable). The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

My wife did not obtain her U.S. F-1 visa when applying (now she has it), so she provided her graduate program offer letter and other supporting documents to prove that she would leave Canada for the U.S. after the visit. We guess that was one of the reasons for the denial, as the offer letter might not fully convince the visa officer that she would successfully obtain a U.S. F-1 visa.

Should she wait to reapply for the visitor visa until she starts her graduate program in the U.S.? Do you have any advice for her next application? Is there anything she needs to take care of when reapplying for it?

Thank you guys in advance!
She apply again after USA valid .she will get visa quick.
but she need show strong financial documents.

Reactions: juicydec