+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's PR card Expired & Didnot meet RO to renew. Can I Renounce her current PR and Sponsor her?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The easiest way to address this issue is to reduce PR visas to such number/skills as actually required by Canada. If jobs are limited to certain industries/locations, then PR visas should state so. "You, John Doe, will have to move to Alberta and work in oil rigs if you want to immigrate to Canada. Don't like cold weather? Don't like working for oil industry? Too bad! You are not qualified for a PR status."
I would have thought this obvious, but it seems you're not aware: Canada's a large country that has been "doing" immigration for a fairly long time - and not entirely unsuccessfully.

Most of the ideas you're bringing to the table have been tried in one form or the other over the years and - news flash - have been found to be deficient or problematic.

Read, "they don't work" or are at odds with other legislation, rights or values (although might have been acceptable before). The current state of policy may have its own problems (many), but they didn't come out of nowhere - quite the contrary.

You can certainly argue the point if you wish, or throw in some more of your 'insights from far away' and with the blessing of coming at the problem fresh, and untroubled by such awareness.

But overall, your points might come across as less ignorant if they were .... less ignorant.

BigLeap

May 27, 2015
Pune;
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw;
NOC Code......
2133;
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014;
AOR Received.
10-11-2014; (FLU)
IELTS Request
06-02-2015; (PER)
File Transfer...
22-04-2015; (SLU)
Med's Request
09-05-2015;
Med's Done....
15-05-2015;
Interview........
23-05-2015; (TLU)
Passport Req..
04-08-2015; (DM) 12-08-2015; (PPR)
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORTS SENT TO NEW DELHI 13-08-2015
LANDED..........
PLANNING TO LAND ONLY WITH JOB OFFER
You cannot sponsor any of them until you are back in compliance with RO.

I don't believe there's any associated risk with your spouse applying for PRTD (even if refused), i.e. it should not trigger review of your compliance.
So, I have an update on my immigration struggles. I sponsored my kids last April and received a request for their medicals and positive sponsor eligibility. (Looks like I got lucky and this application didnt trigger my RO review.)

For my spouse, we have applied for renouncing PR and waiting for acknowledgement since 3 months. The process is not online hence no track of it whatsoever. I am still waiting to hear about her renouncing decision to be able to sponsor her again in the family class.

Without waiting for the decision of her renouncing status, can I make a sponsorship application to begin to wait in the queue of 1 year processing time ??

Unable to reach an IRCC call center agent to talk and explain my case and ask for suggestions on my case. Case-specific web queries were returned unanswered. So, I am reaching out here for any valuable thoughts/opinions.

Thanks in Advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So, I have an update on my immigration struggles. I sponsored my kids last April and received a request for their medicals and positive sponsor eligibility. (Looks like I got lucky and this application didnt trigger my RO review.)
It is not clear to me that sponsor approval in a family application does indicate that they've checked and 'approved' the RO for purposes of sponsorship. (As odd as that sounds - I'm not clear what exactly they check). Hopefully you did indeed get lucky.

Without waiting for the decision of her renouncing status, can I make a sponsorship application to begin to wait in the queue of 1 year processing time ??
I don't believe so. I don't offhand know if there's a way to check (possibly try a TRV app online)?

Unable to reach an IRCC call center agent to talk and explain my case and ask for suggestions on my case. Case-specific web queries were returned unanswered. So, I am reaching out here for any valuable thoughts/opinions.
If you are in Canada, you should be able to get through - eventually.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

For my spouse, we have applied for renouncing PR and waiting for acknowledgement since 3 months. The process is not online hence no track of it whatsoever. I am still waiting to hear about her renouncing decision to be able to sponsor her again in the family class.

Thanks in Advance.
Your wife needs to lose her PR status before she can be sponsored.

BigLeap

May 27, 2015
Pune;
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw;
NOC Code......
2133;
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014;
AOR Received.
10-11-2014; (FLU)
IELTS Request
06-02-2015; (PER)
File Transfer...
22-04-2015; (SLU)
Med's Request
09-05-2015;
Med's Done....
15-05-2015;
Interview........
23-05-2015; (TLU)
Passport Req..
04-08-2015; (DM) 12-08-2015; (PPR)
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORTS SENT TO NEW DELHI 13-08-2015
LANDED..........
PLANNING TO LAND ONLY WITH JOB OFFER
Thank you. I contacted the IRCC call center and it seems the only way is to wait for the update on renunciation application from the visa office or to apply for a PRTD.

IRCC mentioned that it is better to resolve the existing status before applying spousal sponsorship application.