+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's open work permit expiration date of PGWP applicant

badukboy

Dec 29, 2016
Hi, I am up to applying for PGWP now.
My wife(open work permit) and daughter(visitor) have the same period of my study permit(31 Nov 2017).

I know that my study permit expires automatically in 3 months after my official letter/diploma is issued.
Then how about my family members' visa expiration date?
Those ones also expires with the same date of mine?

My wife is work with a part time job now. In this case, does she needs to quit the job?
Thanks for your reply in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

badukboy said:
Hi, I am up to applying for PGWP now.
My wife(open work permit) and daughter(visitor) have the same period of my study permit(31 Nov 2017).

I know that my study permit expires automatically in 3 months after my official letter/diploma is issued.
Then how about my family members' visa expiration date?
Those ones also expires with the same date of mine?

My wife is work with a part time job now. In this case, does she needs to quit the job?
Thanks for your reply in advance.
1. Once her OWP expires, she must quit her job. She can apply for a new OWP once you have obtained a PGWP in a NOC A, B or O position. She then includes the job description and 1 pay slip with her application.

badukboy

Dec 29, 2016
PMM said:
Hi

1. Once her OWP expires, she must quit her job. She can apply for a new OWP once you have obtained a PGWP in a NOC A, B or O position. She then includes the job description and 1 pay slip with her application.
Thx for yr reply.

Then, her OWP also expires at the same day of mine? Though her expiration date is the end of November?
or the date on the her Visa?

Hinazaheer

Oct 13, 2016
Hi, can i ask you one thg its not related to yr answer plz reply, did u apply yr wife open visa and daughter visit visa along with yr study visa or after u received yrs study visa

badukboy

Dec 29, 2016
Hinazaheer said:
Hi, can i ask you one thg its not related to yr answer plz reply, did u apply yr wife open visa and daughter visit visa along with yr study visa or after u received yrs study visa
Yes, I did. She took open work permit along with my study permit.

zr79

Jan 18, 2017
i need to ask if ur daughter will be going to school there?
government will pay for her school fee?

badukboy

Dec 29, 2016
zr79 said:
i need to ask if ur daughter will be going to school there?
government will pay for her school fee?
As long as you have study permit or work permit, then all community schools for your kids provide their education for free.
My kid is Grade 3 now and I never paid. But, your college should be on the list that is confirmed by CIC. (no private college)

Rj Simran

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
badukboy said:
Yes, I did. She took open work permit along with my study permit.
u applied for your wife after how many months and from which country. because i am also planning to apply for my spouse but i am in canada from last 5 months.

badukboy

Dec 29, 2016
Rj Simran said:
u applied for your wife after how many months and from which country. because i am also planning to apply for my spouse but i am in canada from last 5 months.
I applied within Canada after we arrived. She needed to have TRV first from China and when we entered to Canada..CIC gave her OWP at the airport.
Ah...I forgot. CIC didn't give it...so I had to apply via online(paying fee..dang). Try to appeal...by the law..she could get it. At that time, we were so tired that
I wanted to get out from the airport asap. We had been waited for 2 hours there.

The agent will give the OWP period as the same as your study permit. I tried to call CIC today...dang..couldn't get access to any agent. line is so busy.

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
Hi

I am still waiting for my PGWP, applied last May 24, and it is July 28 already, now my problem is my husband's OWP is going to expire soon, August 31. Can we already apply for his extension even if I don't have my PGWP yet? We are just worried because my PGWP is taking too long to arrive.

I am already working in a NOC B category.

talhu

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hi

I am still waiting for my PGWP, applied last May 24, and it is July 28 already, now my problem is my husband's OWP is going to expire soon, August 31. Can we already apply for his extension even if I don't have my PGWP yet? We are just worried because my PGWP is taking too long to arrive.

I am already working in a NOC B category.
Hi,

Did you get your PGWP? Did you apply for your husband OWP ?

Thank you.