+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's education?

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi. while submitting my express entry profile, i had marked 'NO' for spouse's Education History as i did not want to calim points for it. Now while continuing the profile after getting ITA, can i retain 'NO' in Education History and include the same in her personal history?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I have tricky situation. I think you will be able to help me. I understand that If I am not claiming any points for certain sections then I can make changes in it. I just want to double check from my situation. Before receiving ITA I have mentioned spouse's education hoping to get it evaluated to gain additional point but luckily I have got ITA. Now the situation is as below

- She has got 2 bachelor degrees (One is regular 4 year course and another is correspondence)
- I have mentioned the regular course in my profile hoping to get it evaluated to claim points but not needed now I guess. I don't have the physical copies of the certificate with me. It's in my home country and my parents were suppose to mail those to me. For some reason they have to go to my home town due to urgency and they won't be back and there is no one to mail it to me. I don't even have scanned copy.
- I am planning to change it to the one I have it here which is correspondence course. Is it safe to change it? or should I some how figure out way to get the regular 4 year degree certificate mailed to me. ?

I am not claiming points for any certificate anyways.

Thanks,
Chikoo.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have tricky situation. I think you will be able to help me. I understand that If I am not claiming any points for certain sections then I can make changes in it. I just want to double check from my situation. Before receiving ITA I have mentioned spouse's education hoping to get it evaluated to gain additional point but luckily I have got ITA. Now the situation is as below

- She has got 2 bachelor degrees (One is regular 4 year course and another is correspondence)
- I have mentioned the regular course in my profile hoping to get it evaluated to claim points but not needed now I guess. I don't have the physical copies of the certificate with me. It's in my home country and my parents were suppose to mail those to me. For some reason they have to go to my home town due to urgency and they won't be back and there is no one to mail it to me. I don't even have scanned copy.
- I am planning to change it to the one I have it here which is correspondence course. Is it safe to change it? or should I some how figure out way to get the regular 4 year degree certificate mailed to me. ?

I am not claiming points for any certificate anyways.

Thanks,
Chikoo.
Yes, it's safe to change it, only mention it in the personal history and you're good to go.

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I have a question, we opted out to claim CRS points with ECA for spouse's education because during one location move our mover lost few boxes containing her all educational documents except her professional diploma and industrial certificates which she was carrying. And we never got time to travel back to home country to get the duplicate certificates from institutions.

So if I have mentioned no education for my spouse in EE profile and added education details after ITA in "personal details" then do I also have to upload documents related to her education?

Thanks,
RG

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a question, we opted out to claim CRS points with ECA for spouse's education because during one location move our mover lost few boxes containing her all educational documents except her professional diploma and industrial certificates which she was carrying. And we never got time to travel back to home country to get the duplicate certificates from institutions.

So if I have mentioned no education for my spouse in EE profile and added education details after ITA in "personal details" then do I also have to upload documents related to her education?

Thanks,
RG
No. If it is only mentioned in the personal history section you do not have to provide any proof of her educational credentials.

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I have one more question regarding my spouse's Canadian work experience. I understand its not under spouse's education category so please feel free to stop me here :). My spouse worked for more than a year as cook in Pizza Hut but never got any offer letter or experience letter.

She does have T4, NOA and pay stubs. Her manager can provide notarized reference letter but not in company letter head because its not available for them. Her manager doesn't have any visiting card but the complete contact details will be there in the letter.

To claim CRS points of 1 year spouse's Canadian work experience, will these documents be sufficient?

Thanks,
RG

OMI11

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

Duplicate Evaluation Report (original completed on October 02, 2017)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Intermediate Examination Certificate
Year: 2011
Awarded By: Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Gujranwala
Major/Specialization: General Academic
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma

2. Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts (Pass)
Year: 2013
Awarded By: University of the Punjab
Major/Specialization: Liberal Arts
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years)
Remarks: The course-by-course analysis is based on the attached transcript and a
sample evaluation in our database*.

3. Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2015
Awarded By: University of the Punjab
Major/Specialization: Economics
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

My question is how should I fill this information in express entry profile?
How many rows to add in education section of my wife
Highly appreciate your response