Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
BAAS: I'm sorry for very late reply. My husband criminal records didn't show up when he was issued a new detailed police clearance but when he went to the main office in Budapest, the representative told my husband that his record is still in their database it will be erased by 2025 like as if no record at all. I also don't know what that means? spent/pardon? If it shows in the CSIS/CBSA when they do background checks, I wouldn't know also. I would like to know somehow but these agencies are file confidential.

My husband's application is still in process until now (2nd time). we declared it when we applied for the sponsorship. that time, it doesn't show in the police clearance anymore but Vienna visa office requested the details of the record. We sent it to them still he was denied. We appealed in court & won under H&C grounds. Now it's back to Vienna for re-processing. Winning the appeal is still not guarantee visa is issued coz our case is complicated rehabilitation is out of the picture because his sentence was not completed & he is not required anymore to complete as this offense was 14 yrs. ago.this cause more damage to our application plus he needs an ARC.

I understand you. I was like you too, looking for answers....reading/searching about criminality & inadmissibility issues. Nobody can give you the correct answer or what the Immigration decision will be. These are all our opinions. it really depends on the officer reviewing your file but based on my experience & other forums I've read, they are pretty strict even in minor offenses. Can you apply for rehabilitation then since your records was already done for long time? coz I knew that once you submitted your rehabilitation papers with the application, they'll consider you admissible in Canada.

Turquoise

BAAS

Jul 8, 2011
Yes, I intend to disclose my convictions.

If my convictions are spent under ROA 1974, am I deemed rehabilitated?

Am I admissible?

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
BAAS said:
Yes, I intend to disclose my convictions.

If my convictions are spent under ROA 1974, am I deemed rehabilitated?

Am I admissible?
In my opinion, you have to apply for rehabilitation to consider it official.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi BAAS,

Did you find any answers?
Posting with questions to threads that are more than a decade old is the worst way to get current information or responses.

Hint: when you search for threads, use the advanced function and ask to order by date. And start by reading the threads to see experiences, i.e. threads where the person gives some experience as to what happened, not just the inquiry phase.