+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visitors Record

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
Hello Everyone!

Need some suggestion on applying Visitors record.
My wife has a visitor record. He has visitor’s visa which is valid from 20th june 2022 to 3rd Jan 2032. She landed in Canada on 13th July 2022. I am permanent resident.

It has been 5 months since she is here. During her stay we applied for her permanent residency under "Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class" along with the application of open work permit. Which unfortunately got retuned after 2 and half months because we missed some information. It was a paper based file. Now we need to apply again online.

My questions are :

1. What is the explanation do we provide in order to explain the reason of extension of her visa ? Considering that we cannot show the intensions of applying he PR or living in canada permanently.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone!

Need some suggestion on applying Visitors record.
My wife has a visitor record. He has visitor’s visa which is valid from 20th june 2022 to 3rd Jan 2032. She landed in Canada on 13th July 2022. I am permanent resident.

It has been 5 months since she is here. During her stay we applied for her permanent residency under "Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class" along with the application of open work permit. Which unfortunately got retuned after 2 and half months because we missed some information. It was a paper based file. Now we need to apply again online.

My questions are :

1. What is the explanation do we provide in order to explain the reason of extension of her visa ? Considering that we cannot show the intensions of applying he PR or living in canada permanently.
You need to apply for an extension before her 6 month stay expires. Are you sure her visitor record expires on january 3rd, 2023 if she landed on July 13th 2022? For the reason for extension indicate that you have applied for spousal sponsorship and OWP if you have reapplied for OWP. I would suggest attaching proof of payment for spousal sponsorship although not needed. There shouldn’t be an issue with the extension. Very common for those waiting for sponsorship to apply for an extension and it should be approved.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
You need to apply for an extension before her 6 month stay expires. Are you sure her visitor record expires on january 3rd, 2023 if she landed on July 13th 2022? For the reason for extension indicate that you have applied for spousal sponsorship and OWP if you have reapplied for OWP. I would suggest attaching proof of payment for spousal sponsorship although not needed. There shouldn’t be an issue with the extension. Very common for those waiting for sponsorship to apply for an extension and it should be approved.
Hi Canuck,
I will be in a similar situation in few days and wanted your guidance. Firstly, whats the Duration of Extended Visitor Visa. 90 days? And do they allow extension only once?

And secondly, in case of Spousal sponsorship, is it encouraged to first apply for Only Visitor Visa at home country, enter Canada, and then apply in-land Spousal PR application + OWP?

I am canadian citizen and exploring ways to bring my soon-to-be wife to Canada, without waiting 20 months and living apart from her.