-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi guys,

I am currently on PGWP(valid till 2014) and residing in Ontario and also have applied for PNP (both me and my wife, we got married in Oct 2011). I also recently got a full time NOC B category Job.(joined company in Feb 01,2012).

Now i want my wife(she is in Pakistan) to join me here in Canada. After digging the forum i came up with two options:

1) Either i apply for her OWP.(send her my employment letter,bank statement etc)
2) I ask her to apply for TRV and once she is in Canada i apply for OWP as inland.

P.S) A part from above two option i was lately thinking what if i wait till i am issued PNP and then choose one of the above option? or may be i apply for PR and then select one of above options? will it gonna affect her file in any way?

What do you think is the best option under my case? and has more chances of her getting visa/permit.

Thanks for helping me.

lavalava321

Oct 29, 2010
The processing of PR is different from any other visa/wp application and shouldnt affect it. I think you might need to update ur marital status with ur province where u applied for PNP. Concealing status change could affect your application.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2013 (Received by CIC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I have filled my PNP and my wife's PNP togather so they know i am married :) ...
but again my question is not about PR but about choosing between TRV or OWP?
which one is better to apply under my case?

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
Personally I would apply for OWP. TRV is never a guarantee. For OWP, you have a much better shot if you can produce document to prove the relationship.

If you can do it now, why wait? Let me give you an example: If PGWP holder lost job due to unforeseeable factors (job injury, pregnancy, business shut down etc), the PGWP holder himself would become ineligible for PNP. I can't speak of OPNP, but I am sure this is the case in some province. However, if your spouse working under OWP in the meanwhile, the spouse may become eligible for PNP by herself. Thus, your spouse can apply PNP as primary applicant and take you as secondary applicant on the form.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
vivacanada said:
Personally I would apply for OWP. TRV is never a guarantee. For OWP, you have a much better shot if you can produce document to prove the relationship.

If you can do it now, why wait? Let me give you an example: If PGWP holder lost job due to unforeseeable factors (job injury, pregnancy, business shut down etc), the PGWP holder himself would become ineligible for PNP. I can't speak of OPNP, but I am sure this is the case in some province. However, if your spouse working under OWP in the meanwhile, the spouse may become eligible for PNP by herself. Thus, your spouse can apply PNP as primary applicant and take you as secondary applicant on the form.
I think you didnt read my thread properly .. :) i am already in canada and already have applied for PNP and i currently hold PGWP. :) the only thing i am asking here is i want my wife to join me here in canada. ..i know OWP for my wife is best option but it takes 6-8 months ... which is way too long ..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I can only talk about your last choice you mentioned above re: applying for OWP/TRV while your PR application is in process in future. This scenario will be much harder to get a TRV for your spouse as this will show you guys are planning to settle down in Canada permanently.

On that contrary, result of TRV/OWP will have no effect on PR applicaton.

I cannot say anything which way to go: TRV or OWP. While you are still a student/foreign worker; TRV is often given even though it's not guaranteed. Whereas OWP would require more docs and time. When you are nominated by a province; your spouse will be even more eligible for an OWP since you are an NOC B category.

Considering the fact that you've just started working, it may affect your spouse's any application.

vivacanada

Jan 23, 2012
sohail.ali said:
I think you didnt read my thread properly .. :) i am already in canada and already have applied for PNP and i currently hold PGWP. :) the only thing i am asking here is i want my wife to join me here in canada. ..i know OWP for my wife is best option but it takes 6-8 months ... which is way too long ..
I guess it is case that you did not understand me completely. I had a friend was eligible and applied for PNP. Later during processing still with the province, his boss's restaurant closed down, so he was temporarily out of a job and on EI. And guess what? That's the time province called his boss for interview. His application was turned down and was told to apply after continuously working for a new employer for 6 months. Luckily his gf at the time had already worked for her employer for a while and became eligible for the same PNP, so his gf applied and put him as secondary applicant. Their application finally got approved.

Even though OWP may take longer, TRV you don't have a good chance. You be the judge.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
vivacanada said:
I guess it is case that you did not understand me completely. I had a friend was eligible and applied for PNP. Later during processing still with the province, his boss's restaurant closed down, so he was temporarily out of a job and on EI. And guess what? That's the time province called his boss for interview. His application was turned down and was told to apply after continuously working for a new employer for 6 months. Luckily his gf at the time had already worked for her employer for a while and became eligible for the same PNP, so his gf applied and put him as secondary applicant. Their application finally got approved.

Even though OWP may take longer, TRV you don't have a good chance. You be the judge.

I did my master from UofOttawa and as per Ontario provincial law, International student holding master degree can apply for PNP without having any job :) .. i hope it clears my case :)

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Rossei said:
I can only talk about your last choice you mentined above re: applying for OWP/TRV while your PR application is in process in future. This scenario will be much harder to get a TRV for your spouse as this will show you guys are planning to settle down in Canada permanently.

On that contrary, result of TRV/OWP will have no effect on PR applicaton.

I cannot say anything which way to go: TRV or OWP. While you are still a student/foreign worker; TRV is often given even though it's not guaranteed. Whereas OWP would require more docs and time. When you are nominated by a province; your spouse will be even more eligible for an OWP since you are an NOC B category.

Considering the fact that you've just started working, it may affect your spouse's any application.

Yes lately i was thinking the same stuff .. guess i will wait till i get my PNP then i will apply for OWP and PR together ;)

lavalava321

Oct 29, 2010
If you apply for OWP that also means the office will evaluate her visa eligibility so that she can join you in Canada. Nothing is more guaranteed. I have seen accepts and rejects in both cases.