+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa application

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Hello

I filed an outland application for wife's spouse visa under Family Class in December 2019. She was a resident of the UAE at the time of the application submission, however is now planning to move to my home country of Pakistan before her spouse visa is granted. I have already created an online account using GC Key and linked the account to her application to track the application.

I have the following questions:-

1- Is correspondence sent by IRCC for the spouse visa application paper based? I.e Are there any documents sent via snail mail to the applicant's mailing address at any stage during the application processing?

2- Is there any correspondence from IRCC that they don't send using the online portal, and send only to the mailing address of the applicant?

3- Would you advise me to change the address, since I'm concerned that if I do that it may delay the processing time for her case?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Regardless I would update the address via webform or through GCKey/ECAS. The main thing it would affect is the visa office required for the interview or the office to send passport. If that is different for each place I would update it. If it's the same then you can probably leave it.

It's better to have the correct address on File.

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Thank you. Her medical exam has been done in the UAE, do you think change of address will still result in change of office handling her application given the stage her application is at?

Also, from what I understand, normally a message is received in ECAS for any updates on the application, including the request for passport submission. In the UAE it is required to be submitted to a third party agent (called VFS Global) that handles the courier services for Express Entry visa. Not sure if it's the same process for spouse visas.

Lastly, you mentioned an interview? What stage does this happen at normally?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
The end. Or Near End. Dependent on the Visa Office and the case. Not everyone gets an interview. I'm not sure which office it would be assigned to from Pakistan. They try to make it convenient for the PA. I would call. However once you've linked on line through GCkey you do get everything electronically. It's just the process at the end. If she's willing to go back to UAE then you might not need to changed it. However I would call and ask. I know you are trying to avoid any delays' at this point it's just logistics.