+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship with history of refugee claimant

Kokarof

Feb 5, 2019
Hey
Last year I applied for refugee claimant and I withdrew it one week later and i left canada in alegal way

Now im married and my wife is canadian and we are planning to move to canada next year or maybe later

My question is does my previous history affects the sponsorship? And how long does it take usually for this process ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey
Last year I applied for refugee claimant and I withdrew it one week later and i left canada in alegal way

Now im married and my wife is canadian and we are planning to move to canada next year or maybe later

My question is does my previous history affects the sponsorship? And how long does it take usually for this process ?
You have a higher chance of getting interviewed because you applied for asylum before and showed a desire to live in Canada already. You also received welfare for 2 months so you will have to show that you have the funds to support yourselves.

Kokarof

Feb 5, 2019
You have a higher chance of getting interviewed because you applied for asylum before and showed a desire to live in Canada already.
And if everything is legit and we have pictures from wedding and all that stuff
Will be there any problems ?