+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Via Tel Aviv, Israel

cyprustocanada

Jan 16, 2012
I am wondering who is sponsoring a family member via Israel or someone who has finished the process and has something to share with other members that are waiting for their visas via the VO in Tel Aviv.
I'm not sure what to expect with the processing times... so let's talk about it here.

Cheers

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I sponsored my common-law partner through Tel Aviv - we sent the application to Canada in Jan (2011) and we were done by May (2011) - this includes them not getting his police check the first time around (the israeli police send it directly to the Canadian Embassy) as well as us doing his medical check late. So all things considered it was quite fast :) - and there was no interview

cyprustocanada

Jan 16, 2012
AlieW said:
I sponsored my common-law partner through Tel Aviv - we sent the application to Canada in Jan (2011) and we were done by May (2011) - this includes them not getting his police check the first time around (the israeli police send it directly to the Canadian Embassy) as well as us doing his medical check late. So all things considered it was quite fast :) - and there was no interview
Thank you for sharing your experience with Tel Aviv!! That's amazing, four months... Wish I could find others who applied via Israel so I can compare processing times... you've given me hope!! Did they request your passport? Israel sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago stating that they received my application on the 13th of March and that they have created a file with my number....
What kind of steps follow that? Curious...

many thanks!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
cyprustocanada said:
Thank you for sharing your experience with Tel Aviv!! That's amazing, four months... Wish I could find others who applied via Israel so I can compare processing times... you've given me hope!! Did they request your passport? Israel sent me an e-mail a couple of days ago stating that they received my application on the 13th of March and that they have created a file with my number....
What kind of steps follow that? Curious...

many thanks!!
there was another case last year he got his wife PR in maybe 6 weeks!!!!! they were Palestinians maybe the personal circumstances made a small difference but i don't think that much....i think it's a very fast professional office....u r lucky to b sent there ;) also as u said on the other thread they already sent u AOR and client number, not many offices do that....i think u have to wait the whole time since probably Damascus didn't work on ur file at all (ur file didn't even reach there, sorry i don't remember)....but as u can see the time might be faster than what they say maybe they will consider since when u applied and they will pick u first; so maybe u won't need to re-do ur medicals....good luck!!

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Honestly, I was really pleased with the Israeli office and have nothing but good things to say about the experience. I did some digging through our emails and our timeline was as follows:

March 9th - we got an email saying they had received our application - there was a pdf attached which indicated our police check and medical we missing. We got another email the same day saying they had found the medical check and to ignore the part in the first email it was missing

March 14th - we emailed them back saying we had already ordered Israeli Police Clearance (Teutat Yosher) - but that we had gone and done it a second time

April 6th - they emailed us telling us they had received the Police Clearance

May 10th - we got the final stage letter requesting his passport. You can mail it in however, i worked right beside the embassy so i dropped it off, and then picked it up - they call you when it's ready, I want to say it took about a week or so to get it back - they also gave us back all the photos, letters, cards etc we had submitted with our application.

So basically - I would guess the process takes about a month from the time they get the application (we had a month delay due to the lost Police Clearance). Hope that helps. I have the info for the individual who did it for his palestinian wife if you want to try and contract the poster - my partner was Israeli, and we filed a common-law application.

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
One more thing - we did this a year ago, at the time the were no issues with the visa office in Damascus (or Ciaro). If Israel is processing applications that use to be done there then the timeline above may not be accurate anymore.

cyprustocanada

Jan 16, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback - I would imagine it's much faster for people being sponsored in Israel as the security checks would take less time than people living in other countries. I have only lived in Cyprus, so I'm hoping it won't take that long as opposed to someone who has lived in several countries.

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I was actually thinking that they may have a higher volume of applications to process (if they are doing the Israeli ones as well as damascus) - but either way they are great with communication! Good Luck

cyprustocanada

Jan 16, 2012
AlieW said:
I was actually thinking that they may have a higher volume of applications to process (if they are doing the Israeli ones as well as damascus) - but either way they are great with communication! Good Luck
Thanks!! Actually, I meant that it might be faster for people from Israel as the VO doesn't need to run security checks outside of the country providing they haven't lived elsewhere. Israel has only taken on applicants from Cyprus (via Damascus) and Cyprus is a very small island so I wouldn't think they have received a high volume.

AlieW

Star Member
Aug 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv. Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
In that case you should be fine - and since you don't need to Israeli police check you don't have to worry about it getting lost! :) Good luck!

mocool

Apr 11, 2012
Does anyone know who in Israel can fill out the medical report can a regular local Doctor fill it out?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mocool said:
Does anyone know who in Israel can fill out the medical report can a regular local Doctor fill it out?

Thanks

No, It has to be a DMP you can find the list here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx