16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
Hi,

i'm ouside canada with my husband, i just send my sponsorship application as well as pr to nairobi. it will soon be two mnths since and i did not received any reply yet even to inform us if they received the applictaion.
I would like to know if it is normal and how long appx i should wait to receive a first reply thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sheik said:
Hi,

i'm ouside canada with my husband, i just send my sponsorship application as well as pr to nairobi. it will soon be two mnths since and i did not received any reply yet even to inform us if they received the applictaion.
I would like to know if it is normal and how long appx i should wait to receive a first reply thanks
If you sent the sponsorship and application to Nairobi, you will probably be getting them back. As they go to Mississauga, and if approved, Mississauga will send the application to Nairobi

PMM

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
Hey .. my sponsorship is going through Nairobi as well (I am in Canada .. sponsoring my Tanzanian husband). Could you please keep me abreast of how things go with you ... there are not a lot of people I found who are dealing with the Nairobi office on this site and the more info the better .. Thanks!

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
hi,
i have send my application since june no relpy yet, i email them they told me that due to the new law they have bulk of application, so i'm just waiting.so i'm still waiting

M

Misanthrope

>'m ouside canada with my husband, i just send my sponsorship application as well as pr to nairobi. it will soon be two mnths since and i did not received any reply yet even to inform us if they received the applictaion.

You should have sent your application to CPC-Mississauga where all outland applications go, irrespective of the location of the sponsor. Contact CPCM by registered mail and see if Nairobi has forwarded the materials to them. If your application is lost, you might as well re-send it. The fees you paid had to go to CPCM as well, and if you contact them about those, you should get a quick response about whether they have received them. In fact, if you paid online, you have a receipt number that you will be able to check on E-CAS:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

If you are very lucky, your materials are at CPCM and they have started processing. Had you sent them to the correct location, the sponsor would almost certainly have been approved by now, if they are approvable:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

Don't be fooled by the term "in-Canada." That just means the approval of the sponsor, which investigation is done in Canada, not at a foreign embassy.