+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship and co signer

salmankhan

Mar 4, 2009
Hi,
I am PR and I am sponsoring my wife. Do i need a co- signer ? I mean is it must to have a co signer ?
Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you don't need a co-signer. When you are sponsoring a spouse, you will not be refused because of lack of income.

A co-signer is needed if somebody is sponsoring other relatives, for example parents but doesn't have enough income. Then he can have his spouse co-sign the sponsorship to add her income as well.

CanadianHala

Apr 19, 2012
Well, if I wanna sponsor my husband and I'm not employed and I don't have an income, but not on social assistance. I'm thinking about making my brother (international student in Canada, not Canadian and with no PR) a co-signer. Can this help my sponsorship eligibility?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanadianHala said:
Well, if I wanna sponsor my husband and I'm not employed and I don't have an income, but not on social assistance. I'm thinking about making my brother (international student in Canada, not Canadian and with no PR) a co-signer. Can this help my sponsorship eligibility?
No, he can't co-sign. As previous posters stated, there is no co-signers for spousal applications.

JORNES

Aug 28, 2017
No, you don't need a co-signer. When you are sponsoring a spouse, you will not be refused because of lack of income.

A co-signer is needed if somebody is sponsoring other relatives, for example parents but doesn't have enough income. Then he can have his spouse co-sign the sponsorship to add her income as well.
WE

well i have a question my wife is away and am sponsoring her upon feeling forms I saw a part where they need her signature how do they real need it since this were forms for sponsor

thanseef

Dec 24, 2017
Hi i have the same query.... how will my "staying abroad wife" sign my sponsorship application ... am living in canada

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Send the forms by courier or post. The signatures need to be originals, not copies. Have her/him send it back the same way.

thanseef

Dec 24, 2017
Oh ok thank you. One more query .should i fill in separate forms for my 7month old son too? That is two separate sponsorship form for spouse and dependent child? Who should sign for my son ?

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Hi there, If I sponsor my spouse to canada and If my income is not under the minimum required income as I have a son with me and the family size will be 3 including my spouse. So what will happen?
I have another son who works and can he support me?
And also will it be effected in a bad way if I get child support from my ex husband to sponsor my new husband?
Thanks in advance!! Really appreciate the answers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like you were sponsored as a Pr by your ex-husband. Do you know that you can’t sponsor another spouse until 5 years from your landing date?

JamaicanT

Jul 3, 2018
Hello, I don't know how to post a query on this forum , my apologies for being under your post.

My question is this... My husband has turned out to be a fraud and I was used to get permanent residence. We have been married 2+ years and he received his papers in 2019. I have put my name as a co-signor on his application for his child and those haven't come in. DO I have any options or am I basically screwed?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I don't know how to post a query on this forum , my apologies for being under your post.

My question is this... My husband has turned out to be a fraud and I was used to get permanent residence. We have been married 2+ years and he received his papers in 2019. I have put my name as a co-signor on his application for his child and those haven't come in. DO I have any options or am I basically screwed?
You are responsible for him for 3 years after he landed as pr. So hopefully, he is not going to apply for social assistance.

For his child's application, I think you can still withdraw as a co-signer as long as his child has NOT yet landed in Canada.
If you have the application details (UCI or application number), I believe you can contact IRCC to withdraw yourself as a co-signer on that application.