Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
flx2015 said:
they don't really discourage it, but getting a TRV when you have a spouse in canada can make it more difficult for the applicant to convince the officer that they won't overstay.

also, what's the deal with ADVO? i see some applicants being processed within 6-7 months, yet there's people from fall 2015 who are still waiting. i'm being processed at LVO (london). i applied to sponsor my wife in early december 2015 and according to my GCMS notes, they still haven't gotten around to starting work on my file. ::)
the issue isn't with ADVO per se...it is more to do with the countries applicants have lived in and how easy it is for CIC to obtain security / criminal information from them on each person. Red flags also affect processing time, if any red flags are raised with a file, it takes longer to investigate the issue / confirm the details...

C.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
chilkootcee said:
the issue isn't with ADVO per se...it is more to do with the countries applicants have lived in and how easy it is for CIC to obtain security / criminal information from them on each person. Red flags also affect processing time, if any red flags are raised with a file, it takes longer to investigate the issue / confirm the details...

C.
Well, I haven't travelled outside the UAE since 2009. And, I haven't lived in any other country. And I was born in Dubai. And I actually haven't even travelled before 2009 to anymore than one place for a visa change, which is just a matter of a few days.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
Well, I haven't travelled outside the UAE since 2009. And, I haven't lived in any other country. And I was born in Dubai. And I actually haven't even travelled before 2009 to anymore than one place for a visa change which is a matter of a few days.
I don't know then....it must be really frustrating....could you add your timeline to the Abu Dhabi spreadsheet (see link in my signature)

C.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Matheeno said:
Hi guys...wondering how long a police clearance takes from abu dhabi...1-2weeks?
Or is dubai faster?
I believe you can get yours from Dubai in 48 hours.

TORONTO134

Sep 7, 2016
DUBAI, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO.....Changed to London Visa Office by CIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 Sponsor Approval letter received via email
Med's Done....
Upfront 06-08-2016
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
we applied at 2pm on day 1 and collected it at 3pm on day 2 in Dubai. we went near stadium metro station police office

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
TORONTO134 said:
we applied at 2pm on day 1 and collected it at 3pm on day 2 in Dubai. we went near stadium metro station police office
And just a tip...don't expect them to call you when it is ready....just go after a day or two to collect it. I think I was able to get one at the police HQ within 1 or 2 days as well (different reason than immigration). My colleague's husband works for Dubai police and she says it can be obtained in the same day.....not so sure..

C.

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016
chilkootcee said:
And just a tip...don't expect them to call you when it is ready....just go after a day or two to collect it. I think I was able to get one at the police HQ within 1 or 2 days as well (different reason than immigration). My colleague's husband works for Dubai police and she says it can be obtained in the same day.....not so sure..

C.

Thanks C...hubby works in abu dhabi so the trek to Dubai is tedious...so hes decided to go to the Abu Dhabi offices but they dont do english certificates so hes got to translate it. Then we can mail it out.

Anywho lets hope no errors.
M

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
OmerBaz
Sokara
Imran 364

Any progress on your application so far? And does anyone know if linking the application on mycic gives you any additional information
cheers

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
chilkootcee said:
I don't know then....it must be really frustrating....could you add your timeline to the Abu Dhabi spreadsheet (see link in my signature)

C.
Hello Chilkootcee,

Yes, it really is. But hopefully it will all work out. About adding my details on the spreadsheet, I don't have all the specific details except for the timeline I have mentioned on left. My Consultant has been handling all of it so I don't have exact dates unfortunately.

CrownHybrid

May 25, 2016
ALM123 said:
OmerBaz
Sokara
Imran 364

Any progress on your application so far? And does anyone know if linking the application on mycic gives you any additional information
cheers
Hi ALM123,

No progress at all. It is really frustrating to wait. I have been checking Ecas almost twice a day hoping to see decision made. And what is worse is that some people get their DM within 6 months and other wait almost a year. I hope to hear something soon and I will update the spreadsheet right away.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
CrownHybrid said:
Hi ALM123,

No progress at all. It is really frustrating to wait. I have been checking Ecas almost twice a day hoping to see decision made. And what is worse is that some people get their DM within 6 months and other wait almost a year. I hope to hear something soon and I will update the spreadsheet right away.
I see a Decision made on the sponsors side when i log into my application. but that i believe was done globally for most of us with a sponsor approval. Principal applicant side still shows in progress

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello Chilkootcee,

Yes, it really is. But hopefully it will all work out. About adding my details on the spreadsheet, I don't have all the specific details except for the timeline I have mentioned on left. My Consultant has been handling all of it so I don't have exact dates unfortunately.
No problem. If you like you can put estimated dates (either the 1st or the 15th of the month let's say....I'm praying all those out of the ADVO see some movement....

Has anyone been waiting for longer than 13 months on this thread??

C.

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alhamdulillah My hubby got back his passport with Visa :) It took 26 days after sending passport to ADVO.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
bublo ksa said:
Alhamdulillah My hubby got back his passport with Visa :) It took 26 days after sending passport to ADVO.
Awesome! What's your timeline again?