Visa Office......: London
AOR Received.: 21-July-2016
Med's Done....: Upfront
SA ........: 15-Jul-2016
File transer to LVO ....:15-07-2016
Passport Req..: waiting
VISA ISSUED...: waiting
LANDED..........: Insha Allah

can someone will help me what is the next stage and my file is transfer to london instead of Abu dhabhi
when can i check my status online
Please help me
I saw the response from CIC that you sent to me - Congratulations! you have received sponsor approval :)

This letter should have a number on it - UCI or Unique Client Identifier. you can use this number to log into ECAS https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do but in all honestly, it may not be updated yet...best to wait a few weeks. you can also create a GCKEY account and link your file to it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp. Using your GCKEY account, you can access myCIC application which gives slightly better info than ECAS.

Your application was transferred to London - by any chance are you from Pakistan? because many Pakistani applicants are transferred to London. There is not much you can do. Note like all things, applications that are straightforward and complete will likely be processed faster than those that have red flags or complexities. You should find the London VO thread on this forum to see how they are processing things and they also likely have a spreadsheet where they are tracking timelines (to give a sense of how quickly things are moving).

It's rare, but you could submit a case specific enquiry requesting your file be transferred to Abu Dhabi VO, and include evidence of residency in the UAE (i.e. copies of residency / work permits for past number of years) but unless you have lived here for more than 7 or 8 years, this is not worth it (and even then they may not respond).

The only other way to really know how things are progressing with your file it to order GCMS notes through ATIP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp. They take 30 to 60 days to receive and the sponsor has to order them (which means you have to complete an authorization to release info each time). I wouldn't do this for at least 4 to 5 months from now.

Hopefully this helps.

C

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
babyangel17 said:
hi

my husband go PPR last aug.10 and we sending it to vac office. we lookin the tracking number is said they processed in riyadh canada visa office. my question is why in riyadh canada visa office they processed the visa but my husband application is processed in ADVO.? anyone knows about like this?

Baby Angel
they are likely distributing their workload internally..if you submitted through VAC in UAE, you will either get it back through UAE VAC or directly from embassy (depends which option you selected).

if you haven't received your PPT back within 4 to 6 weeks, then you should make inquiries...

c.

C.

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
After submitting the passport, once the PR visa is received how much time is given for the applicant to leave his country ? (average time)

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Ys246 said:
After submitting the passport, once the PR visa is received how much time is given for the applicant to leave his country ? (average time)
yes i would like to know this too. i heard that copr is valid till the validity of the medical. my husbands medical was done end of june. I'm wondering if my husband got copr in may how is he expected to leave the country after quitting job, selling house and car and come to canada within a month. technically he is suppose to give 3 months notice at work. not sure what will happen then!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
taniam00 said:
yes i would like to know this too. i heard that copr is valid till the validity of the medical. my husbands medical was done end of june. I'm wondering if my husband got copr in may how is he expected to leave the country after quitting job, selling house and car and come to canada within a month. technically he is suppose to give 3 months notice at work. not sure what will happen then!
If the deadline given on the visa / COPR does not leave enough time for your husband to settle his affairs, he can go to Canada, land and then return to current country of residence to finish his affairs. The downsides of this are: 1) need to purchase two tickets 2) he needs a travel doc (PR card or PRTD) to board an aircraft to get to Canada on the second trip. Goods accompanying can be split into two lists - those accompanying him on landing and remainder to follow.

C.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
chilkootcee said:
If the deadline given on the visa / COPR does not leave enough time for your husband to settle his affairs, he can go to Canada, land and then return to current country of residence to finish his affairs. The downsides of this are: 1) need to purchase two tickets 2) he needs a travel doc (PR card or PRTD) to board an aircraft to get to Canada on the second trip. Goods accompanying can be split into two lists - those accompanying him on landing and remainder to follow.

C.
so when you say he needs pr card on the second trip to canada, how long does it take to actually get the pr card before leaving canada on the first trip?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
taniam00 said:
so when you say he needs pr card on the second trip to canada, how long does it take to actually get the pr card before leaving canada on the first trip?
He will need either a PR card or a PRTD. It's taking people anywhere from 2 months to 6 months (perhaps there are issues with delivery addresses in some cases) although they just published this a few days ago http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

Current normal processing time today is 41 days http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Note that technically you are not allowed to mail / courier the PR card out of the country (i.e. get someone to send it to him) at least that is the official statement.

PRTD takes up to 4 weeks to process (from VAC in Dubai or Abu Dhabi) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

Hopefully this helps :)

C.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
chilkootcee said:
He will need either a PR card or a PRTD. It's taking people anywhere from 2 months to 6 months (perhaps there are issues with delivery addresses in some cases) although they just published this a few days ago http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

Current normal processing time today is 41 days http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Note that technically you are not allowed to mail / courier the PR card out of the country (i.e. get someone to send it to him) at least that is the official statement.

PRTD takes up to 4 weeks to process (from VAC in Dubai or Abu Dhabi) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/

Hopefully this helps :)

C.
Thank you for your help! Let me just confirm that I have the information correctly. So first my husband gets copr and is able to come to Canada with that. Once he is here normally a pr card would be mailed to us in Canada between 2-6 months. But if he needs to leave in a month then we can apply for a pr travel document or an urgent pr card which he should get before leaving the country. Then when he comes to Canada for good he can use that pr card or prtd? Does that sound right?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
taniam00 said:
Thank you for your help! Let me just confirm that I have the information correctly. So first my husband gets copr and is able to come to Canada with that. Once he is here normally a pr card would be mailed to us in Canada between 2-6 months. But if he needs to leave in a month then we can apply for a pr travel document or an urgent pr card which he should get before leaving the country. Then when he comes to Canada for good he can use that pr card or prtd? Does that sound right?
I don't think there would be any valid reason for getting PR card urgently in a first card issuance scenario...although I have no knowledge of that process.... best bet is to leave....wait for PR card to come and arrange to get it to him or to have him apply for PRTD thru ADVO (and there is no urgent processing of this available)

C.

Utchia

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dubai
App. Filed.......
05-15-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Hi All,

This is my first time ever posting in a Forum always have been a big reader to get my problems solved but this time this is more serious and will need help inshallah.

A little about me, I am born and raised in Toronto Canada and just graduated university a year ago and have been working at an office environment as a software engineer and have now been engaged to a girl in Dubai ( nationality from Afghanistan). It has been about 2 months since we have been engaged and now im starting to apply the forms for her sponsorship and I see that there is no status for engagement but I that should be ok as once I go there inshallah, we will get married and I will have the certificate.

Now my question is this(after reading through 400+ pages)

I have started to fill out the forms and i know that i cannot submit the forms until we get our marriage certificate of course but one i do is there any advice on this?

ie. making sure to fill out specific pages and specific boxes. I know that it may seem like a silly question but as i have read i have noticed some applications were held back because of this. Also how many pictures i will need of proof of the marriage as i have read all the forms and started to fill them out. Another thing i have noticed is that going to the MP is a very VERY good thing, but does one just walk in? Or do i need to book an appointment? or is it better to email them back and forth.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated and i will be constantly monitoring this forum, so please help !!! :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Utchia said:
Hi All,

This is my first time ever posting in a Forum always have been a big reader to get my problems solved but this time this is more serious and will need help inshallah.

A little about me, I am born and raised in Toronto Canada and just graduated university a year ago and have been working at an office environment as a software engineer and have now been engaged to a girl in Dubai ( nationality from Afghanistan). It has been about 2 months since we have been engaged and now im starting to apply the forms for her sponsorship and I see that there is no status for engagement but I that should be ok as once I go there inshallah, we will get married and I will have the certificate.

Now my question is this(after reading through 400+ pages)

I have started to fill out the forms and i know that i cannot submit the forms until we get our marriage certificate of course but one i do is there any advice on this?

ie. making sure to fill out specific pages and specific boxes. I know that it may seem like a silly question but as i have read i have noticed some applications were held back because of this. Also how many pictures i will need of proof of the marriage as i have read all the forms and started to fill them out. Another thing i have noticed is that going to the MP is a very VERY good thing, but does one just walk in? Or do i need to book an appointment? or is it better to email them back and forth.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated and i will be constantly monitoring this forum, so please help !!! :)
The most important aspects to a successful application are showing the genuineness of the relationship - proof of marriage is not enough. They will look at your evidence and also the cultural norms around relationship within yours and her culture regarding relationships to establish this.

The forms must be filled in completely and honestly. If you cannot answer a question that is required, you should add an explanation to the form on a separate sheet by way of referencing the form number, the question number, your name / spouse's name (as seen on passports) because when they receive the applications, they rip them apart and distribute them.

I hope this helps.

C.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
finally after a long time was i able to link my husbands app to his mycic account!

Application/profile status Open Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents Help
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time Help
A background check is needed Not Started Help
Final decision Not Started

Utchia

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dubai
App. Filed.......
05-15-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
chilkootcee said:
The most important aspects to a successful application are showing the genuineness of the relationship - proof of marriage is not enough. They will look at your evidence and also the cultural norms around relationship within yours and her culture regarding relationships to establish this.

The forms must be filled in completely and honestly. If you cannot answer a question that is required, you should add an explanation to the form on a separate sheet by way of referencing the form number, the question number, your name / spouse's name (as seen on passports) because when they receive the applications, they rip them apart and distribute them.

I hope this helps.

C.

Hi Yes that does help, I guess once I go and get married and get the certificate then I will be able to start the process inshallah, and once I do ill let you all know!!