+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

19SRB75

Oct 4, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm in Canada. I'm sponsoring my husband and children who are currently in Saudi Arabia. They just had their medical exams 2 months ago after 21 months of anxiously and patiently waiting. It is stated in the application form that the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will send him a letter request on obtaining the PCC after the medical. But until now, he didn't received any. I emailed them regarding this but to no avail. Is there anybody here who has an idea how long will it take ADVO to send the letter request for PCC after the medical?

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Nobody reply me :(....please anyone can send me a link of doc check list and all forms what we hv to send for sponsor ship...it ll really great help...

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Rabs84 said:
Hi,
I am new in this thread.i am living in bahrain. My husband is in canada and he is going to sponsor me in aug.i jst want to know if we applied in aug and aftr dat we plan a baby will it effect on our application like process delay or application refused.please experienced ppl suggest me.or we shud hv to wait for baby until i reach canada.
Hello Rabs84,
I am not experienced in situations like yours by any means, however, if your husband applies, and your situation changes(having a baby), then changes will need to be made, which means more time, more waiting.. I don't see why it will be refused because you have a child after, if anything it will make your case stronger(you have a child hence the marriage is legitimate!) . Many applicants/sponsors also choose to use a lawyer to assist with the whole process, that's a decision you/husband have to make. Personally, if you can afford it, I suggest you do(I have not used a lawyer yet). Finally, the forms can be found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
One word of advice, make sure your papers are complete, organized, and even when you think they are complete, read them again, and again.. Provide as much proof as you can to the legitimacy of your marriage, pictures, phone call logs, letters, e-mails, etc..

Good luck.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Tulip flower said:
good for u impresso insha allah after this u will get ppr very soon
for me nothing till now im stressed out all the time ,but looks like the officer wake up so lets see what will happen
Nothing to be stressed about Tulip Flower - as these things are beyond anyone's control - we can only hope for the best Insha'Allah

NoorNoor

Apr 12, 2015
hello every one ,

my husband has sponsored me and my daughter since 22/4/2014 and he got approved from Canada Mississauga but before that the paper got lost in Canada so they told us they wont delay ore papers and will not effect the processing time.
now the application is in abu dhabi since October but no one send me any updates about my paper yet
when we called the Canadian visa service they told us abu dhabi office has to send for the sponsored person a new UCI or another number
i don't know how to get it or maybe they sent it for me but got lost in junk.
and the embassy doesn't answer my mails either my calls
what should i do and what is this new number
any one can help

thanks

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Rabs84 said:
Hi,
I am new in this thread.i am living in bahrain. My husband is in canada and he is going to sponsor me in aug.i jst want to know if we applied in aug and aftr dat we plan a baby will it effect on our application like process delay or application refused.please experienced ppl suggest me.or we shud hv to wait for baby until i reach canada.
Hello Rabs84, Welcome to the forum. In our case, as we were about to apply, we found out that we are having a baby, so we decided to hand in the pregnancy report along with the Application. From what I understand, having a baby before or after your application submission does not affect your application in terms of being refused. If you are hoping that this may speed up the process then let me assure you that ADVO is least worried about that and this will not speed up your process but you will need to inform ADVO, about your pregnancy and delivery and they will most likely will have to add the baby to the application ( this depends on your status in Canada ). Having said that - additional members added to the application can possibly add on to your timeline. but then again if your file is with an Immigration officer who has a quicker response - then by all means you could see your application processed way faster.

Also some things to consider is that, certain airlines do not let you fly in the third trimester or your term completion - you will also have to take into account that, once you land in Canada, you do not have Health Benefits and Coverage ( esp for delivery and prenatal ) during your first 3 months after landing.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
19SRB75 said:
Hi everyone, I'm in Canada. I'm sponsoring my husband and children who are currently in Saudi Arabia. They just had their medical exams 2 months ago after 21 months of anxiously and patiently waiting. It is stated in the application form that the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi will send him a letter request on obtaining the PCC after the medical. But until now, he didn't received any. I emailed them regarding this but to no avail. Is there anybody here who has an idea how long will it take ADVO to send the letter request for PCC after the medical?
When was the last update on your case ? Have you sent them an email to the general mail box or to a case specific inquiry ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NoorNoor said:
hello every one ,

my husband has sponsored me and my daughter since 22/4/2014 and he got approved from Canada Mississauga but before that the paper got lost in Canada so they told us they wont delay ore papers and will not effect the processing time.
now the application is in abu dhabi since October but no one send me any updates about my paper yet
when we called the Canadian visa service they told us abu dhabi office has to send for the sponsored person a new UCI or another number
i don't know how to get it or maybe they sent it for me but got lost in junk.
any one can help

thanks
Hello NoorNoor,

As I understand your Husband has received a Sponsorship Approval and your application has been sent to Abu Dhabi. In most cases Abu Dhabi does not send you a respond unless they require something from you within the first 3-4 months once they receive the application from CIC. In your situation, are you able to log into the ECAS system online and see your application status ? What does it tell you ?

You should see your sponsor's (husband's) UCI number in your Sponsorship Approval letter. Your applicant UCI number will be found in the GCMS Notes, which you will need to order online and this takes about 3-4 Weeks to arrive. On a side note, if you are setup for email correspondence and you have not seen anything in your junk mail - I would recommend you to order the notes to see what is going on as it gives you a clear idea from an immigration officers point of view, where your application stands.

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Impresso said:
Hello Rabs84, Welcome to the forum. In our case, as we were about to apply, we found out that we are having a baby, so we decided to hand in the pregnancy report along with the Application. From what I understand, having a baby before or after your application submission does not affect your application in terms of being refused. If you are hoping that this may speed up the process then let me assure you that ADVO is least worried about that and this will not speed up your process but you will need to inform ADVO, about your pregnancy and delivery and they will most likely will have to add the baby to the application ( this depends on your status in Canada ). Having said that - additional members added to the application can possibly add on to your timeline. but then again if your file is with an Immigration officer who has a quicker response - then by all means you could see your application processed way faster.

Also some things to consider is that, certain airlines do not let you fly in the third trimester or your term completion - you will also have to take into account that, once you land in Canada, you do not have Health Benefits and Coverage ( esp for delivery and prenatal ) during your first 3 months after landing.
Thank u soooo much to share this information....one more question...recently i applied for study permit which is rejected, can it ll affect on application and should we hv to tell ADVO abt my previous study permit rejection or is there any question in forms related previous rejection?

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
NoorNoor said:
any one can help

thanks
Noor. Send a case specific enquiry at normally a response would come with 2/3 weeks.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi

NoorNoor

Apr 12, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello NoorNoor,

As I understand your Husband has received a Sponsorship Approval and your application has been sent to Abu Dhabi. In most cases Abu Dhabi does not send you a respond unless they require something from you within the first 3-4 months once they receive the application from CIC. In your situation, are you able to log into the ECAS system online and see your application status ? What does it tell you ?

You should see your sponsor's (husband's) UCI number in your Sponsorship Approval letter. Your applicant UCI number will be found in the GCMS Notes, which you will need to order online and this takes about 3-4 Weeks to arrive. On a side note, if you are setup for email correspondence and you have not seen anything in your junk mail - I would recommend you to order the notes to see what is going on as it gives you a clear idea from an immigration officers point of view, where your application stands.
Hello Impresso,

thank you for replying,yes yesterday we did enter our ECAS and was written
1-We received your application for permanent residence on April 22, 2014.
2-Medical results have been received.
but this tow sentences didn't change for months now even when the application was in Canada.
does it show in the ECAS that they require any papers or no ?
and how can we order the GCMS notes?
and when our paper got lost and there was a delay from Canada office will they Compensate us for this delay??

thank very much Impresso
kind regard,

NoorNoor

Apr 12, 2015
AMJ said:
Noor. Send a case specific enquiry at normally a response would come with 2/3 weeks.
Thank you AMJ I sent several messages for this site and other emails no one answered me yet but maybe because my application in the processing time

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Rabs84 said:
Thank u soooo much to share this information....one more question...recently i applied for study permit which is rejected, can it ll affect on application and should we hv to tell ADVO abt my previous study permit rejection or is there any question in forms related previous rejection?
Do you know why you were rejected ? Usually Visit Visa , Study Permit and Family Sponsorship are handled by separate department and do not usually have co-relation among them. Student Permit and Family Immigration are two separate things - I do not recall coming across a rejection question ( Applied almost 1 year ago ) but I wouldn't be surprised if they do ask about it in the forms. They are more focused if you were rejected entry from a country due to criminality or security reasons.

torontormcf

Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2015
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
I have received the SA today. Unfortunately, like zbaby, the file is transferred to London rather than Abu Dhabi.

Not sure why they did that, considering, my spouse lives & works in Dubai.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NoorNoor said:
Hello Impresso,

thank you for replying,yes yesterday we did enter our ECAS and was written
1-We received your application for permanent residence on April 22, 2014.
2-Medical results have been received.
but this tow sentences didn't change for months now even when the application was in Canada.
does it show in the ECAS that they require any papers or no ?
and how can we order the GCMS notes?
and when our paper got lost and there was a delay from Canada office will they Compensate us for this delay??

thank very much Impresso
kind regard,
Hello NoorNoor,

Your timeline is almost same as ours - we applied on April 28th, 2014. I wouldn't place a lot off emphasis on the ECAS as sometimes it is not very accurate. There are members who had their ECAS status as " In Process " but got a Passport Request right away. The main concern here is if they asked for any additional documents and there was a communication gap. ECAS wouldn't tell you about any papers nor do I think that CIC will compensate for the delay as the applicant side, in this case, is handled by Abu Dhabi.

Two things I would do is

1) Contact your Local MP in Canada and explain the situation and seek if they can help out, most likely they will ask you to sign consent forms, but they have a quicker way of reaching the Visa Offices.
2) Order your GCMS Notes - instructions below ( Keep in mind that notes take about 4-6 weeks to arrive )

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

1 You will need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You will need to pay the $5 fee

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.