Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 23,2012
Doc's Request.
February 06,2013 Submitted by 5/21/13, ECas changed "In Process" by 6/20/13.
AOR Received.
November 7,2012
File Transfer...
November 25,2012
Med's Done....
September 19,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 4,2013 Passport sent by july 12
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2013
LANDED..........
August 4, 2013
Any update from Visa section :(

mrs alkhatib

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think the people at this embassy havent been doing any work :'(

viv123_99_2000

Oct 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

Has anyone applied under family category from abu dhabi office(in last 1 yr or so).Just wanted to know the time frame.I know cic site says 22 months.But i heard that most of them cases are finalized in 12 months or so just need to double check .Reply will be highly appreciated

seeuuu

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 23,2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 7,2012
File Transfer...
November 25,2012
Med's Done....
September 19,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2013
LANDED..........
August 4, 2013
viv123_99_2000 said:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone applied under family category from abu dhabi office(in last 1 yr or so).Just wanted to know the time frame.I know cic site says 22 months.But i heard that most of them cases are finalized in 12 months or so just need to double check .Reply will be highly appreciated
HI viv123,
Abu Dhabi visa section always sent Acknowledgement of Receipt Letter‏have u ever received that letter through email or mail? where do u live I mean in KSA or Abu Dhabi some time they sent you mail but you never get that, I suggest you better send them enquiry email where is ur file process so far. Because more then year is lot they sent me email it will take 6 to 12 months but mostly take 7 to 9 months. here is our time line hopefully it will help u
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtLUYB1IBB8QdHhUdXdvRk5nRlBXZ0dsSVIxdUNfaEE&hl=en#gid=0

Good Luck!!!! :)

mrs alkhatib

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ladies and gentlemen the address on my husband's e-cas is wrong, will requesting to change it make any difference?? :(

seeuuu

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 23,2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 7,2012
File Transfer...
November 25,2012
Med's Done....
September 19,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2013
LANDED..........
August 4, 2013
mrs alkhatib said:
ladies and gentlemen the address on my husband's e-cas is wrong, will requesting to change it make any difference?? :(
Difference in which way? ur file processing time u mean or u want any letter request from them & u have not got yet ?

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
you should update the new address with them if its suppose to be different,,,,,, just email them and let them know..

mrs alkhatib said:

hameedhr

Dec 27, 2011
HI everyone,

Currently I am residing in UAE and working in a local bank. My wife (PR Holder) has sponsered me last year july/2012 for spouse immigration, they asked to provide some additional documents in November, 12, which we provided in December, 12. Since then there is no communication b/w us and embassy. i checked it online where it appears "in process".

Can anyone tell me how much time it will take more as my wife is in canada and i am here we have been apart from each other.. she came to see me in feb, 2013 for onw month visit, now she back to canada.. it is so paining to live without your loving wife .. :(

Further, i am just curious. will they ask to cancell my UAE visa upon receipt of immigration?
pls response..

Regards,
Hameed Ahmed

seeuuu

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 23,2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
November 7,2012
File Transfer...
November 25,2012
Med's Done....
September 19,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2013
LANDED..........
August 4, 2013
hameedhr said:
HI everyone,

Currently I am residing in UAE and working in a local bank. My wife (PR Holder) has sponsered me last year july/2012 for spouse immigration, they asked to provide some additional documents in November, 12, which we provided in December, 12. Since then there is no communication b/w us and embassy. i checked it online where it appears "in process".

Can anyone tell me how much time it will take more as my wife is in canada and i am here we have been apart from each other.. she came to see me in feb, 2013 for onw month visit, now she back to canada.. it is so paining to live without your loving wife .. :(

Further, i am just curious. will they ask to cancell my UAE visa upon receipt of immigration?
pls response..

Regards,
Hameed Ahmed
Hi Ahmed,
I am Canadian Citizen & since july 2012 I am in Saudi Arabia on Visit visa bases. I Applied in Oct 2012 for my husband, file transferred in Nov 25, 2012(Abu Dhabi visa Office) & last letter received on Feb 06 2012 for document request plus some questioner from my husband & some from me like, T4 for 2013 and what is my future plan when I will return back to Canada.The question you are asking about gulf visa cancelation they asked from me not from my husband "If your canadian citizen reside outside from canada give us Satisfactory evidence would include: copy of cancelled residency permit (in the Gulf); copy of resignation letter showing that it has been accepted by your sponsor's employer; evidence that "end of contract" benefits have been paid; and so on." So if you received document request check that again you might find same this which is not for you, its for your sponsor. In that case I just said am on visit visa bases I will go back soon. I hope this will help you.

Good Luck!!!

hameedhr

Dec 27, 2011
HI Seeyou,

Thanks for your early email. Actually they asked the question from my wife to provide T4, proof of living in canada like her university transcript (as in she is studying in york univeristy), photocopies of all pages of passport, i think they want it to make sure that she is not living with me in UAE.. we had given every single document that evidenced that she lives in canada not with me.. we had submitted the complete set of documents in Demeber 2013, however, i asked my wife to visit me in UAE so she came to UAE in jan 27, 2013 for the period of one month.. she wanted to live more with me .. but as per UAE law you have to exit the country after your visit..

so she decided to spend one month in our home country i.e. Pakistan and then she will come back to me for visit again.... we were of opinion that we will go to Canada togather as we were expecting our immigration approval this APril, 2013 as my medical will expire on 03.05.2013 and i heard that for spouse visa - ABudhabi immigration gives immigration approval before one year so that we will not do our medical again.. pls clarify is that true??

Now the second part is that i have signed the contract with my bank for the period of 3 years, which will be competed in JUly 2014. i wonder if i get my immigration somewhere in april or in before june.. and they ask me to surrnder my UAE work visa.. how would i do that as i have already signed the contract and there will be severe implications as i work for the local abu dhabi based bank .. implication could be life time banned in UAE..

APpreciate your input in this..

missrose

Feb 13, 2013
This is our experience, I know there is not alot of forums on this so I hope this helps..
Filed papers in canada end of March 2012 for sponsorship eligibility
Finally was accepted about july 12 and sent to Abu Dhabi.
In the beginning of Oct new papers were requested , it took about a month to file back, so by the end of Oct. papers were sent in.
Request for interview was on Feb 11 where my husband spent about 45 min with the interviewer and had a couple fast questions with me and she was satisfied with everything and said it would take about a month for the last stage, I believe it is called admissibility into Canada and from there either we will have to redo the medical because it has expired right now but she has sent in a request for extension, any day now we will find out if they need a new one or they will now request for his passport with stamp.. I will add they dont require him to cancel his visa but have asked for me to cancel my residency visa for UAE. I was in Canada for most the year before last year and last year up until September when I joined my husband and was planning to stay until sponsorship went through. I know it has been so stressful for anyone going threw this...so according to time line when Abu Dhabi has received there info to my estimate time when this should be completed where they say up to 24 months we have been so blessed to be about 8-9 months :) hope this is some encouraging news some ppl here, I can't wait till this is finally completed, hoping within a couple weeks

Ebsoon

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2012
Doc's Request.
By Abu Dhabi 04/12/2012
AOR Received.
From Abu Dhabi 04/12/2012
File Transfer...
28/09/2012
Med's Done....
10/05/2012
Passport Req..
18/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2013
LANDED..........
Should be 20/04/2013
Hi Hameedhr,,

almost we are in the same boat,, coz i have sent also my requested documents on 12/Dec/2012, so lets see what will happened during this days,, regarding your contract with your Bank,,, some times they will ask you to cancel you visa but i believe you skipped this stage,, now just wait and within this days you will get a passport request....

keep in touch Brother.
good luck

hameedhr said:
HI everyone,

pls response..

Regards,
Hameed Ahmed

hameedhr

Dec 27, 2011
HI again..

Thanks for your prompt replies.. and congrats Missrooze hope your husbend will be immigrant soon :)

just want to share something by keeping your case in mind..

My wife Filed papers in canada mid of July 2012 for sponsorship eligibility
file was accepted about Sep 12 and sent to Abu Dhabi.
In the beginning of Nov 12 new papers were requested , it took about a month to file back, so in dec- . papers were sent to Aby dhabi.. acceptance of papers was mentioned in cic website on Feb 13,

Now considering your recent experience with almost same situation with me, as in you filed the case in march and had an interview in jan so shoud i expect my interview as well .. keeping this thing in mind that when they asked us to provide documents in Nov 12, she was in canada.. so they dont know that she visited me in Jan and currently she is in pakistan.. pls response.. and also

can you answer my following?

1- Are you canadian citizen or PR holder?as in will they have any impact on case as my wife holds PR not a citizenship...
2- will they ask me as well for an interview? pls note my wife is not with me , she came to visit me in Jan-13 but as you know the UAE law,, after visit you have to exit the country for one month.. so now she is in Pakistan..
3- what if i applly my wife UAE resindecy here and live togather till my immigration comes?? will it be having any negative impact on my file being my wife is holding PR? or should i keep inviting UAE for visit..

i am so damn confused.. pls help me out ..

Hameed