+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsor Question

blackrosenatz

May 18, 2014
Hi! I am starting the process of sponsoring my husband from Croatia to Canada. I am looking at the "Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class" application. I know that we have to send both the sponsorship application and the permanent residence application at the same time. Does this mean that both of our applications are sent to a Canadian location? Together not separately, right?
Also, is "Part 2: Immigration forms" considered the permanent residence application? Every time I click a link for PR it brings me to that page and section.

Sorry, I'm quite new to all of this so it's a bit confusing!

Thanks for the help, in advance!

M

mikeymyke

Yes both the sponsor and applicant's applications are sent together at same time to a Canadian location first, then after the sponsor is approved, it gets sent to an overseas location, if you are applying outland. Are you applying outland or inland?

M

mikeymyke

Then these are all the forms you need.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate

part 1 is for you, part 2 and 3 for your spouse

blackrosenatz

May 18, 2014
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help. I just have one more question. The permanent residence form is included in part 2, right?

M

mikeymyke

If you're talking about the Generic Form for Application to Canada, then yes. There's no such thing as a permanent residence form, Part 2 and 3 is a collection of documents which can be called your Permanent Residence package