+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse rejected at new delhi chc please help.......

rsmeet

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 april 2012
Med's Request
24 july 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
8 august 2012
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
they just rejected the visa saying that the marriage was not valid as my wife got converted into hindu legally and then we did a small marriage in mumbai in hindu tradition with ceremony with our friends and close relatives but only 25 people attended the wedding, then we register the marriage with municipal corporation of mumbai with witness who were relatives , we did not did reception as we had financial problem , we were lso dating for like 2 years before marriage, we went for honeymoon, we had given lots of photos,emails phone records , skype records, tickets, and more but he rejected saying that marriage was small and canada will not accept this marriage , he said my wife we have to remarriage, how is that possible, i am still waiting for refusal letter, i will go for appeal i know it takes year or more but i need to fight, life is gonna be difficult without my wife, infact i recieved GCMS notes 2 weeks before interview and the comments in the notes says couple looks happy and geniune ,,,,,,,,,,looking out for a good lawyer or consultant any suggestions guys
[/quote]

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
rsmeet said:
they just rejected the visa saying that the marriage was not valid as my wife got converted into hindu legally and then we did a small marriage in mumbai in hindu tradition with ceremony with our friends and close relatives but only 25 people attended the wedding, then we register the marriage with municipal corporation of mumbai with witness who were relatives , we did not did reception as we had financial problem , we were lso dating for like 2 years before marriage, we went for honeymoon, we had given lots of photos,emails phone records , skype records, tickets, and more but he rejected saying that marriage was small and canada will not accept this marriage , he said my wife we have to remarriage, how is that possible, i am still waiting for refusal letter, i will go for appeal i know it takes year or more but i need to fight, life is gonna be difficult without my wife, infact i recieved GCMS notes 2 weeks before interview and the comments in the notes says couple looks happy and geniune ,,,,,,,,,,looking out for a good lawyer or consultant any suggestions guys

Your wife got converted to hindu, is that the problem that they have?? Indian visa office sucks,..
Just do a remarriage if they are giving visa, if appeal take more time

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Remarriage ? Wow.....

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
sunsun said:
Remarriage ? Wow.....
Your wife got converted to hindu? Is that the problem they have?

In my case my wife was hindu and i am christian, but we did marriage according to christian ceremony is that fine? Anyone can suggest, but we had reception and marriage all things and more than 150+ Guests were there. Even distributed the Marriage cards. Hope that should be fine... Just because its intercaste hope this officers dont have problems... Officer should know how india is.... its rarely anyone would do intercaste marriage for going out.. How rigid the indian society is they should be aware about it