+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE PR VISA- Need Advice

redevil2323

Jan 30, 2019
yes same rule applies even if you had your kid but make sure your PR is valid till you application is processed. Earning requirements are not required for spouse visa only for parents sponsorship.
Thanks , I am a little confused , Do I need to stay in Canada for the whole 12 months it takes for her visa to be approved ?

Arvind873

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks , I am a little confused , Do I need to stay in Canada for the whole 12 months it takes for her visa to be approved ?
N
Not really but if you apply from Canada will be better as they will process it there but you can do it from your current address as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear fellow members.

My spouses visiting visa was rejected . I have a PR and we both are outside Canada. I have the following questions

1) Can I apply for outland sponsorship while I am not in Canada ?

2) If I need to be in Canada to apply for her sponsorship can I come back after doing it ?

3) Should I retry for her visitors ? her brother resides in CANADA as a PR too from 7 years and she genuinely wants to visit

4) This is the ideal situation for me - I go to Canada apply her sponsorship while staying there for the 15 day period file it and come back. Once she gets her PR we both travel back there together . is this possible ?

Thanks
All the previous advice is incorrect.

1. No you must remain in Canada if you are a PR. A short vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated.
2. Only for a sort vacation
3. You can but it is unlikely to be approved.
4. That is not possible.

Arvind873

Jan 30, 2019
All the previous advice is incorrect.

1. No you must remain in Canada if you are a PR. A short vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated.
2. Only for a sort vacation
3. You can but it is unlikely to be approved.
4. That is not possible.
Yes points 1 and 2 are correct but you can apply from outside if you are on short visit but you have to but go and live in Canada what I feel should be possible plus meet the income threshold too. points 3 and 4 are also true you will never get spouse tourist visa if you applying for PR

Last edited: