+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE PR VISA- Need Advice

redevil2323

Jan 30, 2019
Dear fellow members.

My spouses visiting visa was rejected . I have a PR and we both are outside Canada. I have the following questions

1) Can I apply for outland sponsorship while I am not in Canada ?

2) If I need to be in Canada to apply for her sponsorship can I come back after doing it ?

3) Should I retry for her visitors ? her brother resides in CANADA as a PR too from 7 years and she genuinely wants to visit

4) This is the ideal situation for me - I go to Canada apply her sponsorship while staying there for the 15 day period file it and come back. Once she gets her PR we both travel back there together . is this possible ?

Thanks

JoVision

Jan 30, 2019
Can I apply for outland sponsorship while I am not in Canada
Dear fellow members.

My spouses visiting visa was rejected . I have a PR and we both are outside Canada. I have the following questions

1) Can I apply for outland sponsorship while I am not in Canada ?

2) If I need to be in Canada to apply for her sponsorship can I come back after doing it ?

3) Should I retry for her visitors ? her brother resides in CANADA as a PR too from 7 years and she genuinely wants to visit

4) This is the ideal situation for me - I go to Canada apply her sponsorship while staying there for the 15 day period file it and come back. Once she gets her PR we both travel back there together . is this possible ?

Thanks

1. If you are a canadian permanent resident or citizen looking to sponsor someone who is not currently living in Canada, then you can apply for the outland sponsorship stream. A downside to using this stream is that until your application has been approved, living with your spouse may be difficult. However, your spouse can apply for a temporary visa to come to Canada while his or her outland sponsorship application is being processed if they choose.

2. There is no requirement for the sponsor to remain in Canada. The only requirement for sponsor is to make sure there PR residency requirements are being met. You are certainly free to travel while PR app is processing, but just don't travel long enough to make it appear you're residing. There is no specific time allowed since it's all at discretion of a random visa officer. I would keep trips to a month maximum, but really it's up to you how much risk you want to take.

3. She can apply for temporary visa

4. Yes

redevil2323

Jan 30, 2019
1. If you are a canadian permanent resident or citizen looking to sponsor someone who is not currently living in Canada, then you can apply for the outland sponsorship stream. A downside to using this stream is that until your application has been approved, living with your spouse may be difficult. However, your spouse can apply for a temporary visa to come to Canada while his or her outland sponsorship application is being processed if they choose.

2. There is no requirement for the sponsor to remain in Canada. The only requirement for sponsor is to make sure there PR residency requirements are being met. You are certainly free to travel while PR app is processing, but just don't travel long enough to make it appear you're residing. There is no specific time allowed since it's all at discretion of a random visa officer. I would keep trips to a month maximum, but really it's up to you how much risk you want to take.

3. She can apply for temporary visa

4. Yes
Thanks for the reply - Does it mean I can file her PR now while I am outside of Canada ?

JoVision

Jan 30, 2019
Thanks for the reply - Does it mean I can file her PR now while I am outside of Canada ?
Yes, as long as you can provide all documents needed for the PR process. Also, her brother will give an additional points for your wife since he is residing in Canada for 7 years.

redevil2323

Jan 30, 2019
Yes, as long as you can provide all documents needed for the PR process. Also, her brother will give an additional points for your wife since he is residing in Canada for 7 years.
Awesome .. I am not sure why they rejected her VISA though she has strong ties with her country of residence.
Please advice since her visiting got rejected should I try for second visiting attempt or apply for sponsorship first

Arvind873

Jan 30, 2019
Awesome .. I am not sure why they rejected her VISA though she has strong ties with her country of residence.
Please advice since her visiting got rejected should I try for second visiting attempt or apply for sponsorship first
I will not advise you for second VV as will make your PR case weak better apply for PR first as spouse.

JoVision

Jan 30, 2019
For my suggestion only, check first all the reasons why your wife Visa was rejected. At least you will be ready for reapplying the application and you can save your funds.

redevil2323

Jan 30, 2019
For my suggestion only, check first all the reasons why your wife Visa was rejected. At least you will be ready for reapplying the application and you can save your funds.
Makes sense I will have to read through it understand it , still waiting to know why it got rejected my lawyer will forward it to me today.

redevil2323

Jan 30, 2019
I will not advise you for second VV as will make your PR case weak better apply for PR first as spouse.
I got my PR when I was in USA I went there for landing got PR card and came back to the states in two days. Now we both are not there in Canada and I still have 4 years of my PR left. Can I still process it outside of Canada ?? and what PR documents I need ?

JoVision

Jan 30, 2019
I got my PR when I was in USA I went there for landing got PR card and came back to the states in two days. Now we both are not there in Canada and I still have 4 years of my PR left. Can I still process it outside of Canada ?? and what PR documents I need ?
Yes, you can process even your outside the Canada. Are you doing the process in Express Entry?

JoVision

Jan 30, 2019
Do I need to be employed in Canada to sponsor PR for my spouse
In order to make the ability to sponsor your spouse accessible to people at all income levels, IRCC does not require that applicants earn any certain amount of money. As long as you can have the minimum proof of funds. 1 applicant = CAD 13,000

Reactions: redevil2323

Arvind873

Jan 30, 2019
yes same rule applies even if you had your kid but make sure your PR is valid till you application is processed. Earning requirements are not required for spouse visa only for parents sponsorship.