+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR application

Jul 31, 2023
Hi,

I got my ITA and submitted documents in December 2023. Iam getting married in February 2024 and I want to apply visa for my spouse to come to Canada.

Do you think spouse visa is best option or adding my spouse to my application is better?

please reply.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Applying for a spousal visa in no way adds a spouse to a PR application. Get that out of your head. If you want to add them post ITA and marriage, you have to submit a status change request via webform with the marriage certificate and indicate that you wish to add the spouse to the application. Once reviewed, you can expect an additional document request for your spouse's details and documents.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
@Chasechs I was asking when my PR Application is in progress, can I apply for spousal visa for my spouse instead of adding her to my PR application ?
Nothing is stopping you from applying for a spousal visa while your PR application is pending. By the way, why are you not adding your wife to the PR application? You do realize that sponsoring her after the fact is a totally different process and fees?