+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse OWP pending for one year!

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi, is there anybody could help me with this situation?
I have my work permit (under LMIA), my husband applied spouse OWP accordingly in September of 2016.
Now my work permit is gonna expired soon in the end of this month, only two weeks left before the expiry day, but my husband's OWP is still pending without any answers.
In this case, am I able to ask for a refund? Because we paid the application fee for nothing!!!

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Any expert know what is gonna happen after my WP expired? They will just close the case of my husband's OWP application? Or they will give a result before my WP expiry day? Are we eligible to get refund in any of this situations?
I just feel that it is very unfair for us, they took the application fee but doing nothing!!!

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Wow almost a year? Where did you apply from? Did you not ask CIC about updates?

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Any expert know what is gonna happen after my WP expired? They will just close the case of my husband's OWP application? Or they will give a result before my WP expiry day? Are we eligible to get refund in any of this situations?
I just feel that it is very unfair for us, they took the application fee but doing nothing!!!
Where did you guys apply from? Looks like the processing time from the location you applied from is long. I don't think you will get refund if the application processing has started. Your best bet now is Permanent Residency.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Thanks you guys' reply. We applied inside of Canada, not from anywhere else. I checked GCMS notes, his application was transferred from one office to another, transferred again and again, but no final decision so far. It's so weird and unfair for us. Now my WP is gonna expired in about 10 days. I'm so curious what is gonna happen to his application after that?