+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

raoraghu085

Jun 4, 2022
Hi, my wife got into a 2 year MSc program at a public university and is going to apply for her study permit along with a SOWP for me and a visitor visa for our child. Below are our details.

Wife (primary applicant): 32 years
Spouse (open work permit): 37 years
Child: 2.5 years

Situation/issue: In the application for SOWP under the 10 years work experience, I only have one year (only from 2021 April) of documented work experience. I do not have the pay checks or the experience certificate (except for the offer letter) for the previous company where I worked for 3 years (2018-2020 March). Before (2016-2018) that I had a business.

Question: Will it negatively impact our application if I only include one year of experience for which I have a documented proof? What information can I include to do that there is a good chance of SOWP approval?
Any suggestions/guidance is really appreciated. Thank you in advance

lokidoki

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2021
Hi, my wife got into a 2 year MSc program at a public university and is going to apply for her study permit along with a SOWP for me and a visitor visa for our child. Below are our details.

Wife (primary applicant): 32 years
Spouse (open work permit): 37 years
Child: 2.5 years

Situation/issue: In the application for SOWP under the 10 years work experience, I only have one year (only from 2021 April) of documented work experience. I do not have the pay checks or the experience certificate (except for the offer letter) for the previous company where I worked for 3 years (2018-2020 March). Before (2016-2018) that I had a business.

Question: Will it negatively impact our application if I only include one year of experience for which I have a documented proof? What information can I include to do that there is a good chance of SOWP approval?
Any suggestions/guidance is really appreciated. Thank you in advance
You do not need to provide documented proof of all of your previous jobs.
Indicate all of the jobs you had in the past 10 years. If possible, provide a letter of employmetn from your current employer in the Client details section, and that should be enough. That's what i did and it worked.