+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Info78,

Did you study what are the Sections 186 and 203? What do they mean by these sections? And another question, have you attached your post secondary education’s certificate as a proof of your qualification? I’m just trying to help you to figure out what was wrong in your applications, don’t get offended, please.
No Problem, I am really thankful for the advise.

Section 203 about Valid LMIA - LINK
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/overview.asp

Section 186 about diplomatic officers, Embassy employees, Government Employees so on - LINK
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

If I am applying for Spouse Visa ,then why should I submit LMIA?
And I am not a Diplomatic Officer

I always submit all my documents. I never missed anything.

Last edited:

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Section 203 about Valid LMIA - LINK
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/overview.asp

Section 186 about diplomatic officers, Embassy employees, Government Employees so on - LINK
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

If I am applying for Spouse Visa ,then why should I submit LMIA?
And I am not a Diplomatic Officer
So, as I told before, send them a letter with request to reconsider your application

Reactions: info78

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Based on the reasons for rejection, it looks like that IRCC is nit sarisfied with your spouse's job. If i was you. I would have send them a letter for reconsideration and will explain how your spouse does qualifies the conditions/sections listed in refusal letter.

Our lawyer is based in Toronto I can get you his details if you need. Try asking senior members here in a forum (scylla or bryana).
Our Lawyer advised us to talk with the MP of my wife area in Canada, Is it helpful?

Charan1990

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

You can follow this link, hope it’ll be helpful
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp
I have been using the same link to check, but no luck.

Still no applications found.

Secondly i have seen that u have applied 22 Aug for SOWP right and u have mentioned as confirmation on 25 Aug. Like how did u received this confirmation. And the bio metrics is like everybody will be called for it. because never heared about it in INDIA

ShaileshKeskar

Oct 29, 2017
Based on the reasons for rejection, it looks like that IRCC is nit sarisfied with your spouse's job. If i was you. I would have send them a letter for reconsideration and will explain how your spouse does qualifies the conditions/sections listed in refusal letter.

Our lawyer is based in Toronto I can get you his details if you need. Try asking senior members here in a forum (scylla or bryana).
Dear All,

I have query on Open work permit. I am an Indian Citizen and got Canadian WP and expecting to get my and family TRV stamped in next few days. I will travel first and then my family will accompany me in next few days (spouse and kid)

My spouse is also working and she is looking for opportunity within her organization. Now my question is, can i apply for her open work permit while being in India before i travel to Canada. If this is possible then i assume that she will get her OWP when she reach Canada. Also i think after OWP approval i dont have to send her passport again to embassy since Visitor visa is already there. And would she be able to continue with her existing organization on similar OPW.

Regards
Shailesh Keskar

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
I have been using the same link to check, but no luck.

Still no applications found.

Secondly i have seen that u have applied 22 Aug for SOWP right and u have mentioned as confirmation on 25 Aug. Like how did u received this confirmation. And the bio metrics is like everybody will be called for it. because never heared about it in INDIA
Hi,

We applied online. About biometrics, it’s mandatory to provide a fingerprint for Afghanistan citizens. Unfortunately, there’s no VAC in Afghanistan so he traveled to New Delhi just to provide his fingerprints.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Our Lawyer advised us to talk with the MP of my wife area in Canada, Is it helpful?
MP can only get updates on the file. He/she doesnt have any say or control over the decision of the application.

My lawyer is based in Toronto. Just google Ian Steels.

Nobod

Sep 28, 2017
Hi all,

Application sent 1st of July, online, from Vietnam. Sent couple of emails since our application is taking longer than processing time and here the answer we got :

"Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your application remains in process at our office, necessary steps are underway to ensure that your application meets requirements of Canadian immigration law. We are unable to provide a date when the application might be decided. You will be contacted when a decision is made or when more information is required.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Yours sincerely,"

Still waiting then, I don't really know what this mean, good luck to everyone

Reactions: Antoshka