+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
drnadiaj said:
Also what type of upfront medical require for sowp ? Ede or non ede
Where you get this option? What they stand for?

Common practice, you book an appointment for medical through CIC listed panel physicians. You call them and inform you need to do medical examination for work permit and they will give you appointment.

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
this is to acknowledge all of you guys and specially FLK about my visa update. finally they found my medical and got passport request.

thank you very much guys for your help. this forum has been a real information center to me.

applied : 7th july/online/ upfront medical/ India
medical request: 14th september
CSE general: 17th sept/ acknowledgement of CSE 22nd spet
2nd CSE general: 20th september
CSE bangalore: october 3th/ forworded to delhi
CSE delhi: october 4th
medical passed and passport request:eek:ctober 4th
passport sebmitted : october 6th

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
Maaftgbkum said:
If you applied with upfront medical then why they request again
that is the problem. may be they couldnt able to find medical result from their server. because upfront medical is being uploaded through UMI number, where as CIC official might search with IME number they have generated for individuals file

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Guys my wife has received her medical call on August 29. medical passed Sep 2. no update since then. I am worried. what should i do?

Shezzy

Aug 14, 2014
Hi All,

I am from Pakistan. Applied for SOWP on 4th August for my wife. Currently on a student visa here.

Recently, processing times for Pakistan reduced to 8 weeks (which was indeed difficult for me to believe :D ). Now my question is should I go for a CSE or not?

All I received was a blank update around 2 weeks ago nothing else. Please guide me for which I would be grateful.

Thanx in advance

Sanman91

Sep 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
fkl said:
Sorry to hear that Pilla.

Its best that you reapply addressing all the issues they highlighted.

There is no formal procedure / legal method for reopening. You can send a case specific inquiry and hope they accept your point of view and do that. There is no law that can force CIC.

In practice they only reopen very strong convincing cases where CIC has clearly made a mistake. I doubt yours is one (assuming you didn't provide enough documentation according to the cited reason for refusal).

Even if they do so, it usually takes significantly longer than a regular new application.

If coming here is more important to you, spending another 150 CAD shouldn't be that big an issue and would certainly be more positive and quicker, ensuring another officer looks at your case.

Just make sure you thoroughly address reasons from first refusal. If they are not clear from the letter, i recommend getting gcms notes first before reapplying. Good luck.

fkl sir please check your inbox

The Alchemist

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 01 , 2015
Nomination.....
August 20th, 2015
AOR Received.
November 24 th 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront Submission
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
June 30th 2016
Med's Done....
July 4th 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
March 27th
VISA ISSUED...
March 31st
LANDED..........
April 3rd
anttor said:
Guys my wife has received her medical call on August 29. medical passed Sep 2. no update since then. I am worried. what should i do?
I guess you should hear something soon now.

AnkitPandya

Sep 14, 2015
My wife got medical for SOWP on 27th September. Medical was done for PR application. We emailed receipt of that medical. But We still see same status of action required (Medical Request). We have also uploaded medical receipt of PR via webform. Do we have to do anything else? Please Help. Did we do anything wrong?

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
AnkitPandya said:
My wife got medical for SOWP on 27th September. Medical was done for PR application. We emailed receipt of that medical. But We still see same status of action required (Medical Request). We have also uploaded medical receipt of PR via webform. Do we have to do anything else? Please Help. Did we do anything wrong?
My friend had same situation like you and he spoke with the agent and agent mentioned that each application need separate medical. In his case Express entry and normal paper based PR.