+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi all,

We applied for my spouse's open work permit as an online application on March 21st, 2016 through an attorney in Canada. CIC updated the medicals to passed and requested a payment for the open work permit.. But today when I was checking the status in this link https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433
it says his application is closed and refused. How can I trust the information on this link? It says it is an eTA status tracker does it show true information on Work permit too?
I am tensed and worried. Please help..

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to share we applied today for Open Work permit we got refusal on 29th April 2016.

Refusal Grounds were:

Personal assets and financial status
Spouse does not meet NOC O A OR B
Insufficient information provided
Job description and duties not provided

Re-applied today with

Letter of explanation for enclosure of documents and clarification of refusal grounds with supporting documents also stated that we have sent our file for PR to CIC PNP Sydney.

Marriage certificate
Bank statement and fixed deposit; employment letter showing salary annually plus duties
Passport copy
Picture
Spouse job offer letter; duties and description; pay stubs; T4 ; BC PNP Letter of nomination
Spouse bank statement and mutual funds around $6.5k
Tenancy agreement
Post graduate work permit

Hope it works out ths time.

Regards
Sid

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiransiddharth said:
Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to share we applied today for Open Work permit we got refusal on 29th April 2016.

Refusal Grounds were:

Re-applied today with

Letter of explanation for enclosure of documents and clarification of refusal grounds with supporting documents also stated that we have sent our file for PR to CIC PNP Sydney.

Marriage certificate
Bank statement and fixed deposit; employment letter showing salary annually plus duties
Passport copy
Picture
Spouse job offer letter; duties and description; pay stubs; T4 ; BC PNP Letter of nomination
Tenancy agreement

Regards
Sid
When did you apply initially for which you got a refusal on April 29, 2016? Does your spouse or you have a job in Canada?

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
nshakelly said:
When did you apply initially for which you got a refusal on April 29, 2016? Does your spouse or you have a job in Canada?
Hey Thanks for writing...

I have job here in Canada which comes under NOC B 2211.Also my spouse doing job in India as Financial Analyst from past 2 years. We applied on March 4th and got refusal on April 29th.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Maaftgbkum said:
Hi hiransidharth
If you have job under noc B so why they are saying u r not meeting the job under noc A or B?
Probably reason was before on my first application i dint provided my duties and i received my bc pnp after i applied for my spouse open work permit... So ths time i am going to bang on ths :) ...But my cover letter states that my job title is ths and that and comes under NOC B 2211.

Regards,
Sid

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
hiransiddharth said:
Hi Everybody,

Refusal Grounds were:

Re-applied today with

Marriage certificate
Passport copy
Picture
Tenancy agreement

Regards
Sid
@fkl @greenhak and all senior members... Please provide your suggestions and saying on ths.. !

Appreciated

Sid

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I applied on 3 march
No update yet
Without medical at vfs chandigarh

Any suggestion will be appreciated

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
FKL, GreenHak and other members,

We applied for SOWP and got a refusal yesterday stating lack of authenticity of documents. The documents were processed in India by the attorney in Canada. I am confused how to go from here. Please educate me regarding this..

1.) Can we send them the documents they are requesting fr again and reapply?
2.) Would it take the same time for process ie., 2 months?
3.) Do we have to follow the process again? Medicals and everything again?

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys
I have one question like I am in canada and my spouse he is in india and we applied sowp on 23 march so what time we can expect to get any email or mesg like according to Indian time or Canada time ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
t_Patel said:
Hi FKL,
Thanks for your reply.
I have shown the enough balance but as the consultant didn't explained well. So i just submitted the balance summary only not the transaction history. Also i sent money to india for showing the balance through hawala and we have opened new account in india on December so it has transaction in few days. So i didn't submit transaction history of bank in India. But this time i can submit the transaction history with CAD28000 and will submit the receipt of money i sent. So do you think is it helpful.

Thanks again.
Like I said before - funds are not the reason in my opinion in your case. So proving source of funds becomes irrelevant. Hence all details of hawala have little meaning.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sthomas9345 said:
Hi all,

We applied for my spouse's open work permit as an online application on March 21st, 2016 through an attorney in Canada. CIC updated the medicals to passed and requested a payment for the open work permit.. But today when I was checking the status in this link https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433
it says his application is closed and refused. How can I trust the information on this link? It says it is an eTA status tracker does it show true information on Work permit too?
I am tensed and worried. Please help..
I assume you submitted online application via my cic. What is the status there? That should be your primary reference.

ETA is application for people who are visa exempt but need to enter Canada. I don't understand how you are seeing your status here. Perhaps you posted the wrong link.

I now see that this is probably a relatively new link where CIC is letting people see the status of their applications. So I am sorry to say that this is probably right and legitimate. However, your my cic would still be the final status point. Order GCMS notes to get more detail on refusal.

Having said that, any thing on cic.gc.ca is Immigration Canada website and is NOT unofficial info

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hiransiddharth said:
@fkl @greenhak and all senior members... Please provide your suggestions and saying on ths.. !

Appreciated

Sid
There seems a lot of extra / unimportant info here but as long as you have provided

a) Detailed proof of your job being skilled (NOC B) duties detail letter from employer and have a matching compensation with proof you are good.
b) If your provincial nomination is approved and you attached the letter, then the skilled NOC restriction does not apply any more.

Any thing else is just supplementary.

So it looks good. All the best.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sthomas9345 said:
FKL, GreenHak and other members,

We applied for SOWP and got a refusal yesterday stating lack of authenticity of documents. The documents were processed in India by the attorney in Canada. I am confused how to go from here. Please educate me regarding this..

1.) Can we send them the documents they are requesting fr again and reapply?
2.) Would it take the same time for process ie., 2 months?
3.) Do we have to follow the process again? Medicals and everything again?
1. Yes (try applying from India, possibly sending originals if that happens there)
2. Yes likely - could be faster in some cases but we cannot count upon that.
3. Medicals are valid for one year from the date you took them. So one set of medicals can be reused for another application provided it is valid for another six months roughly. Apart from this you need new application

vishal04

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
pune
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th February 2016
File Transfer...
12th February 2016
Med's Done....
29th January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th March 2016
LANDED..........
soon
Hello all,

How i can show strong home ties for my spouse .

We dont have any property in home country so can you please suggest something else.

Is it ok if show 6000-8000$ in her account before visa filling or i need to increase this amt.