Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
rajit85 said:
congratulations concorde.....have u done upfront medicals???
Yes, We had upfront medical, however, were valid till May 1st. Incidentally, the status never changed to "Passed" as in previous application(s) before receiving PPR.

rag326

Jul 17, 2015
Hello Members

My Employer from India has applied my Canada Visa ( Skilled Category) and also they have applied "OPEN WORK PERMIT " as a seperate application for my dependent wife.
(Note : We both are in India through the entire process and never visited canada before)

Medicals Done prior to submission : 6/1/2015
Both Applications Submitted on : 6/22/2015

I ( Primary applicant ) have been granted W-1 Worker VISA on 07/13/2015 and recieved the STAMPED passport on 07/16/2015. However there is no response on my wife's SOWP. Our employer's Vendor ( VFS) has adviced to wait for one more week to see if it gets processed.

Additional details :
Married since : 2013 December
No Kids
Currently wife is not working and attending Visual Effects and Animation courses( Not through any university but from reputed private institute)
worked between 2010 - 2013 as Process Analyst.
2013 december to 2014 December she was house wife.
We have submitted No Objection Certificate from her Institute that she has paid all the dues and completed her enrolled 6 months course.

I would like to understand if its normal to process dependent visa seperately even if submitted together and primary applicant's visa granted?
Does the delay indicates any negative outcome ?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can put on our situation.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
It's not a big deal. Happens. Just keep waiting. If you don't hear back for a while, you should submit a cases specific inquiry. The average processing time hasn't passed. So you should state that we applied together - and need update on wife's profile.

Her work profile shouldn't matter. If the marriage is much recent and no kids (and you haven't lived together for more than a year), probably its a good idea to submit additional details for the relationship. However, CIC should ask for those if they feel its' appropriate.

One small thing for you to know. What is stamped on passport is a VISA to enter exit Canada. It would be same for your wife. However, the email that you received or letter in case of paper application, saying your work permit is approved is called "Letter of introduction". Please carry it along (your wife will get a separate one). The actual work permits will be issued to you at the port of entry.

The visa does not allow you to work in Canada. Work permit does.

Hope that helps

rag326 said:
Hello Members

My Employer from India has applied my Canada Visa ( Skilled Category) and also they have applied "OPEN WORK PERMIT " as a seperate application for my dependent wife.
(Note : We both are in India through the entire process and never visited canada before)

Medicals Done prior to submission : 6/1/2015
Both Applications Submitted on : 6/22/2015

I ( Primary applicant ) have been granted W-1 Worker VISA on 07/13/2015 and recieved the STAMPED passport on 07/16/2015. However there is no response on my wife's SOWP. Our employer's Vendor ( VFS) has adviced to wait for one more week to see if it gets processed.

Additional details :
Married since : 2013 December
No Kids
Currently wife is not working and attending Visual Effects and Animation courses( Not through any university but from reputed private institute)
worked between 2010 - 2013 as Process Analyst.
2013 december to 2014 December she was house wife.
We have submitted No Objection Certificate from her Institute that she has paid all the dues and completed her enrolled 6 months course.

I would like to understand if its normal to process dependent visa seperately even if submitted together and primary applicant's visa granted?
Does the delay indicates any negative outcome ?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can put on our situation.

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
rajit85 said:
hey....have u applied online or paper based application?? and did u apply with pre medical??
Hi....
He filed paper application. We didn't submit medical upfront.
Do you have any idea when would they ask for medicals?

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
Hi Fkl
I thought you are helping and expert in advising about sowp. I have sent you a personal message but you didn't reply. Please answer to my concerns.
Thanks.

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
Update:

Online SOWP submission with upfront medical: 26th March
Case Transferred to Chandigarh VO: 28 May
PPR: 18th July
PP Submitted: 20th July
PP Dispatched: 21st July

P.S. 2 TRV rejections in 2014, 2 SOWPs rejected in May 2014 and March 2015 on vague reasons as they weren't convinced if spouse's job fell in NOC O,A,B. It's never the end. All the best to all applicants.

rajit85

Mar 15, 2014
shallu7287 said:
Hi....
He filed paper application. We didn't submit medical upfront.
Do you have any idea when would they ask for medicals?
Sorry I have no idea abt that ....There is no time limit....in my case I applied online on 28th june and they asked for my medicals on 7th july......some people dont even get medical request for months....it depends on case to case i guess and embassy tooo and the workload overthere!!!!

rag326

Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for your response "fkl". :)
Sure I will wait and see if any response comes through about my wife's SOWP.
And Yes , I have received "Letter of Introduction" for my self and I will carry it along.

fkl said:
It's not a big deal. Happens. Just keep waiting. If you don't hear back for a while, you should submit a cases specific inquiry. The average processing time hasn't passed. So you should state that we applied together - and need update on wife's profile.

Her work profile shouldn't matter. If the marriage is much recent and no kids (and you haven't lived together for more than a year), probably its a good idea to submit additional details for the relationship. However, CIC should ask for those if they feel its' appropriate.

One small thing for you to know. What is stamped on passport is a VISA to enter exit Canada. It would be same for your wife. However, the email that you received or letter in case of paper application, saying your work permit is approved is called "Letter of introduction". Please carry it along (your wife will get a separate one). The actual work permits will be issued to you at the port of entry.

The visa does not allow you to work in Canada. Work permit does.

Hope that helps

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
Hi There,

I applied for BOWP and received it. Now my husband is currently on a study permit and I want to apply for his work permit. Should there be any issue?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shallu7287 said:
Hi Fkl
I thought you are helping and expert in advising about sowp. I have sent you a personal message but you didn't reply. Please answer to my concerns.
Thanks.
Hi Shallu,

I am no expert. Just experienced in these things and try to help when i can. Generally i prefer answering on threads so those could be useful to others. Some how i missed your pm and have responded to it now. But there isn't much there except to wait for average processing time.

miahmed

Jul 20, 2015
hello All,

I want to apply for my wife work permit, She lives in Pakistan. We will apply online, Can anyone tell me how much time it will take on internet it shows six months, but anyone applied for same thing and got approved before please tell me.

she has to show ties in Pakistan or it is not necessary while applying SOWP. I am on NOC B job in Canada.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

gss2015

Aug 1, 2015
hi everyone here.I got my student visa approved recently. I now want to apply spouse owp for my wife. Should i apply now or wait till i get my study permit and sin number on arrival in canada. Another question is ielts required for my spouse as i seen many people apply with ielts in this forum. I dont have anything else other marriage photos, other casual photos & marriage certificate to prove our relationship. Can this lead to rejection we got married in 2011?.I have about 50k cad fd in my bank account and 10k gic funds in canada.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
My situation is we had an intercaste marriage against the consent of the parents in 2011 and we registered it this year. My name is there on my wife passport, have an joint bank account, marriage photos and email conversations. Seeing the cases of rejection being so many, i feel our case is very weak. So shld i apply spouse visa or another option which i have is study visa for her as she has recently graduated. Kindly advise guys?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gsohi2011 said:
My situation is we had an intercaste marriage against the consent of the parents in 2011 and we registered it this year. My name is there on my wife passport, have an joint bank account, marriage photos and email conversations. Seeing the cases of rejection being so many, i feel our case is very weak. So shld i apply spouse visa or another option which i have is study visa for her as she has recently graduated. Kindly advise guys?
I am not sure why you consider it weak. You have a legal registration for it, joint account, photos and conversations. Are you saying that you registered your marriage after physically being in Canada? Otherwise i dont see why you case is weak

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
Thnks fkl, but i see in india they need all photos of engagement, wedding & reception. As my was love marriage against consent of parents, i have only wedding photographs. I got married in india in 2011.This is the main reason for concern?