+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

jaisa

Apr 7, 2014
i have applied for spouse open work permit outside canada via online but it got refused . didn't get any letter or mail from cic regarding the reason till.it has already been 17 days from the refusal. we are very tensed...so we are planning to go for paper application through an agency in india....
whether there is more chance for getting visa if it is via paper application

what is the suggestion of u all ? expecting ur valuable reply

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
hi All,
can anyone enlighten me on what supporting i need to submit on my side to apply for owp after gotten trv refused three times.i went through the application it doesnt require bank statement and other documents unlike applying for trv

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Jaisa,
They are rejecting right away without any reason who are applying online especially from Indians....dont wait for the rejection, apply paper based through VFS... YOU will get it... I applied online and my representative again applied paper based through VFS...now application is with CHC New Delhi..

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hi Kaplan ,
Please can you tell me what documents u included in the application apart from form, employment letter n payslips from your spouse

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hi Kaplan,
Thanks for the information. Just to know I have evaluated my master degree to Canadian standard with WES do I need to include WES report also?

ind23

Jan 29, 2013
Checked my cic got pp request.
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
What does this mean? There is nothing like that application is approved or not. Please advise.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
ind23 said:
Checked my cic got pp request.
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
What does this mean? There is nothing like that application is approved or not. Please advise.
Congrats, your application has been approved. CIC asking your passport for visa stamping. Can you please share your timeline with us.

When did you applied and when did you got your medical request and all that plz

ind23

Jan 29, 2013
thanks dear.
my timeline
online application submitted my husband
28th March(Medical Upfront)

No coomunication after that

Direct got PPR on 10th April.
PP dispatched to via vfs on 11th April with Attached PP request letter(along with copy of flight ticket)

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
ind23 said:
thanks dear.
my timeline
online application submitted my husband
28th March(Medical Upfront)

No coomunication after that

Direct got PPR on 10th April.
PP dispatched to via vfs on 11th April with Attached PP request letter(along with copy of flight ticket)
Great! If you don't mind can you please share what documents you have submitted to support your husband's SOWP application.

I also have applied for my wife's OWP on February 22, 2014, and yet to receive any communication.

ind23

Jan 29, 2013
alijumani said:
Great! If you don't mind can you please share what documents you have submitted to support your husband's SOWP application.

I also have applied for my wife's OWP on February 22, 2014, and yet to receive any communication.
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT:
- LETTER OF SUPPORT
- WP
- EMPLOYERS REF LETTER(JOB DETAILS, SALARY, DUTIES, BENEFITS AND JOB CATEG(SKILL LEVEL & NOC)
- BANK STAT(BAL $17K)
- LAST YR TAX RETURN
- MEDICAL BENEFIT STAT
- LAST TWO PAY STUBS

SPOUSE DOCS:
- JOB OFFER LETT & REF LETTER
- SALARY STAT
- MARRIAGE CERT
- MARRIAGE PHOTOS
- HM TRIP DETAILS & PHOTOS
- BANK STAT & FDs (BAL: $21K)
- MBA CERTIFICATE

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
priyum521 said:
Hi There,

Since you are in India and TRV got rejected twice, I would suggest you to apply for Open Work Permit from India.

-priyum
hi prium my name is bobby. my wife is in canada on PG work permit and it will expire on november 2016. i applied twise open work prmit and got rejected when my wife was on study permit. my wife is now working there and not the work not come under O,A,B category. can i reapply again with the current situation or i need to wait undil she get a job under o,a,b category?please help

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
OWP are approved on a case to case basis - and it depends on spousal occupation on home country , relative to how beneficial it would be to land that person on a wp in Canada.

think wisely before apply

suggestion :

apply short term TRV and convert to OWP in Canada

write back if u need more info

good luck

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
terki said:
.... and it depends on spousal occupation on home country ...........
Just to clarify, spouse's occupation / experience might not be relevant at all. I know of at least four people including myself, whose spouse don't work by choice in home countries, nor had any experience, nor do they intend to work here in Canada. All of these got through easily without exception.

However, in all of these cases, the principal applicants had pretty strong profiles, NOC A jobs with 5+ years of experience in their domain and were earning very well in their home countries too. Plus another supporting factor might be that their offered salaries in Canada were good enough to support families too.

So it is not a single factor, but your over all profile.

Also, in many countries, the ratio of rejection for TRV's is far higher compared to SOWP, mainly because the intent of trv is frequently taken to be not genuine i.e. people try to say "single entry for a month's visit and bla bla" where as if your spouse is living in Canada on study or wp, most likely you intend to live with him / her as long as he intends and is authorized to. So in my opinion, SOWP is always the better choice since it also gives CIC a better view of the applicant's profile / education / employment if any etc.