07-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2017
Med's Request
waiting..
kalpan said:
Hi
Please apply SOWP + TRV..
do I just need to submit IMM 1295 along with my TRV application forms ? please confirm. Do i need more documents for OWP?

plz advice

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
itsjap89 said:
do I just need to submit IMM 1295 along with my TRV application forms ? please confirm. Do i need more documents for OWP?

plz advice
That is really incomplete information. We don't know beyond a few basics about what are you submitting along in the first place.

Going through the checklist for Work permit applications on CIC website is the best i think i could suggest. You obviously need all information about your spouse on whose basis you are applying for. His / her study/work permit, university confirmation / job offer etc.

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
@fkl

My job pofile is a Category manager of leading retailer in Canada. I just attached the employment letter that i work there as Category Manager.

I have done my MBA in British columbia, CANADA
and my wife done her MBA in INDIA
we are in relationship since 2007 while pursuing our bachelors degree and we recenlty got married in february with our parents and in-laws approval
we have attached our college and university transcripts where we both studied together in INDIA
and i gifts that i sent her while iam in canada
and our travel itinerary as well

Thanks
sunny

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sunny.bc said:
@ fkl

My job pofile is a Category manager of leading retailer in Canada. I just attached the employment letter that i work there as Category Manager.

I have done my MBA in British columbia, CANADA
and my wife done her MBA in INDIA
we are in relationship since 2007 while pursuing our bachelors degree and we recenlty got married in february with our parents and in-laws approval
we have attached our college and university transcripts where we both studied together in INDIA
and i gifts that i sent her while iam in canada
and our travel itinerary as well

Thanks
sunny
Looks pretty good. Hopefully you will hear back soon. Since you are recently married and if you haven't already submitted much proof of that, they just MIGHT ask for further proof. Otherwise, it looks good to me. All the best.

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
fkl said:
Looks pretty good. Hopefully you will hear back soon. Since you are recently married and if you haven't already submitted much proof of that, they just MIGHT ask for further proof. Otherwise, it looks good to me. All the best.
what kind of proof u mean. i submitted
marriage certificate
wedding photos
wedding card
personal photos before marriage
NOC from parents
and my parents sponsor letter as my dad work in central govt
are these proof ok or still they ask more for relationship.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sunny.bc said:
what kind of proof u mean. i submitted
marriage certificate
wedding photos
wedding card
personal photos before marriage
NOC from parents
and my parents sponsor letter as my dad work in central govt
are these proof ok or still they ask more for relationship.
That's pretty much sufficient. Usually if you are married for a long time, applying together or have kids, you barely need any of above except marriage certificate. Often people don't know about most of these and don't submit those, so i wasn't sure if you have done so.

ind23

Jan 29, 2013
Hi Folks,
I applied for an OWP online(New Delhi). On CIC website my medical status on CIC website changed to passed within 24 hr. I applied online. I sent upfront medical to CIC.

Can I take this quick development towards positive in terms of acceptance my visa application.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Thanks

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Is there something called as the Student Spousal Dependent Visa?? A consulting firm told me that with this visa type you don't need a work permit to work. It's given by default

IS this actually true???

Thanks!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Boso said:
Hey Guys,

Is there something called as the Student Spousal Dependent Visa?? A consulting firm told me that with this visa type you don't need a work permit to work. It's given by default

IS this actually true???

Thanks!!
its SOWP - doesn't require a job offer, if the applicant is spouse of a full time student in Canada (preferably at a university in a degree program). It's validity is the same as the principal applicant (student's) permit.

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
its SOWP - doesn't require a job offer, if the applicant is spouse of a full time student in Canada (preferably at a university in a degree program). It's validity is the same as the principal applicant (student's) permit.
I know about SOWP.. but SOWP is for all(student/ PR/ WP holders)... the Student Spousal Dependent permit is only for Spouse as per them... m confused whether i should consult them or not..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Boso said:
I know about SOWP.. but SOWP is for all(student/ PR/ WP holders)... the Student Spousal Dependent permit is only for Spouse as per them... m confused whether i should consult them or not..
If any such thing exists, it should have been listed on CIC's website. I haven't seen or heard of any such thing. It is even ridiculous in saying "you don't need a work permit to work"

By law either you have a work permit, or you are a PR or a citizen. There is no category which issues "work permit by default" except when you are a PR where by definition you don't NEED a wp to work. It is never issued by default. So this doesn't make any sense. I presume the person making suggestion didn't exactly know what SOWP is.

jeetjariwala

Mar 24, 2014
Got Passport Request call for my wife this morning.

Here is the timeline;

Online Application sent: 03.03.2014

Medical Received: 25.03.2014

Medical status changed to passed: 02.04.2014

Passport request: 07-04-2014

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
jeetjariwala said:

Here is the timeline;

Congrats Jeetjariwala! That is really quick for you. I applied for my wife on February 22, 2014 and yet to receive Medical or any other documents request from CHC. Can you please kindly tell us where did you applied for SOWP in which country?

milyon25

Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeetjariwala said:

Here is the timeline;

wow that's very fast processing!!!! congrats! fron where embassy did ur wife submitted her application?