IELTS Request
Along with App
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
vkshah said:
Is there anyone who applied spouse open work permit in 2014
I too applied online on March 4th. No news yet. Her medical was already done September 2013.

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
fkl said:
Email CIC Islamabad and ask for update. I am not quiet sure that "passed" status in online app means medical is approved. I applied on paper, IOM told me medicals were fine and forwarded, but a month and a half latter i got a letter VIA ORDINARY post from CIC Delhi, medical department, asking for further evaluation for one of my kids. Then i got appointment with IOM again, and it took a whole month to get through the entire process. And until the final communication about approval from CIC islamabad, there was zero detail about further medicals from them. This made me learn that medicals are totally isolated from the embassy in Islamabad itself. Just FYI
Thank you for replying.

My wife did email CIC Islamabad for the update. A week later they replied by inquiring about couple of information; ""The address and organization where you going to be employed with? If you don't have a secured employment, please confirm.""

I have replied as "I have applied as an Open work permit as spouse of .......... Since my awife applied for SOWP on the basis of my job (NOC A) so she does noe need any confirmed employment over here.

Now I am really worried about the fate of this appplicatio. But I want to ask you that is there anything to worry about?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You are most welcome, i assume submitted all details of your own work permit i.e. employer details, NOC etc.

I don't think in general you should worry since this is a clear cut detail. However, strange enough i have seen at least one case, in which husband was already in Canada on a post doc, applied for SOWP for his wife and trv for child, and received refusal stating bla bla that you do not qualify for SOWP due to this section of immigration. Apparently CIC failed to recognize that SHE WAS SPOUSE OF A WORK PERMIT HOLDER in NOC A, although the applicant had VERY CLEARLY stated that and attached his docs along.

Then they reapplied with further clearance and i am yet to hear of further input. Some how they got dumb enough people who make mistakes in CIC and unfortunately there is no way to hold them accountable.

Having said all that, since they specifically asked you and you explained that clearly and i assume you have submitted evidence along, you are very less likely to face any such situation.

If i were you, i would try to be more explicit by submitting my job offer, salary slips, even bank statement, Copy of actual work permit and visa just to make sure they understand the situation and have enough proof to stand by.

zhaider said:
Thank you for replying.

My wife did email CIC Islamabad for the update. A week later they replied by inquiring about couple of information; ""The address and organization where you going to be employed with? If you don't have a secured employment, please confirm.""

I have replied as "I have applied as an Open work permit as spouse of .......... Since my awife applied for SOWP on the basis of my job (NOC A) so she does noe need any confirmed employment over here.

Now I am really worried about the fate of this appplicatio. But I want to ask you that is there anything to worry about?

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
fkl said:
You are most welcome, i assume submitted all details of your own work permit i.e. employer details, NOC etc.

I don't think in general you should worry since this is a clear cut detail. However, strange enough i have seen at least one case, in which husband was already in Canada on a post doc, applied for SOWP for his wife and trv for child, and received refusal stating bla bla that you do not qualify for SOWP due to this section of immigration. Apparently CIC failed to recognize that SHE WAS SPOUSE OF A WORK PERMIT HOLDER in NOC A, although the applicant had VERY CLEARLY stated that and attached his docs along.

Then they reapplied with further clearance and i am yet to hear of further input. Some how they got dumb enough people who make mistakes in CIC and unfortunately there is no way to hold them accountable.

Having said all that, since they specifically asked you and you explained that clearly and i assume you have submitted evidence along, you are very less likely to face any such situation.

If i were you, i would try to be more explicit by submitting my job offer, salary slips, even bank statement, Copy of actual work permit and visa just to make sure they understand the situation and have enough proof to stand by.
Thank you. Your reply really helps.

I (my wife) did submit all the exacts document that you have mentioned again along with the eamil reply which I think is quite clear and explicit.

Just hoping for the best IA.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zhaider said:
Thank you. Your reply really helps.

I (my wife) did submit all the exacts document that you have mentioned again along with the eamil reply which I think is quite clear and explicit.

Just hoping for the best IA.
Another quick note, if you have not been married for long or have kids (say often people come back for a few weeks and get married, then CIC is often worried about proving relationship since they may suspect a marriage of convenience. So if there is any such thing and you haven't submitted much details apart from marriage certificate AND YOUR MARRIAGE WAS RECENT, it might help to add scan of invitation card, some pictures of the event, may be records of honey moon etc.

I know it sounds weird and irritating, but almost every one i know who was recently married was asked for all this and their case took time until proven.

Of course none of this applies to me or any one else married for long. But i applied together with wife and kids - and i have 3, plus i have been married for almost a decade. So the only confirming things were Family certificates (NADRA, form B etc. in Pakistan) as well as birth certificates of children.

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
fkl said:
Another quick note, if you have not been married for long or have kids (say often people come back for a few weeks and get married, then CIC is often worried about proving relationship since they may suspect a marriage of convenience. So if there is any such thing and you haven't submitted much details apart from marriage certificate AND YOUR MARRIAGE WAS RECENT, it might help to add scan of invitation card, some pictures of the event, may be records of honey moon etc.

I know it sounds weird and irritating, but almost every one i know who was recently married was asked for all this and their case took time until proven.

Of course none of this applies to me or any one else married for long. But i applied together with wife and kids - and i have 3, plus i have been married for almost a decade. So the only confirming things were Family certificates (NADRA, form B etc. in Pakistan) as well as birth certificates of children.
That right. But I was married almost 6 months before I came to canada. Its been almost 3 years that I am married now. So that wont be an issue i guess!! :)

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
I just saw an email from CIC regarding "there is an update on your application". But there is no update on MyCIC. I can't understand this sh**. :mad:

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zhaider said:
I just saw an email from CIC regarding "there is an update on your application". But there is no update on MyCIC. I can't understand this sh**. :mad:
Fine - be patient. They often do these things, send message early and get the actual content latter. If nothing shows up in your account in like a day or two, email them.

imeejeff18

Jan 3, 2013
Hi im currently working as skilled worker im canada, my husband in the philippines recieved two refusal letters for his open work permit stating that visa officer was not satisfied. We are actuallyprovincial nominees which we dis nt mention n his applications.what i s d beat thing to di? Is it possible that we both apply fpr open work permit INSide canada even if he is in tje philippines?

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
imeejeff18 said:
Hi im currently working as skilled worker im canada, my husband in the philippines recieved two refusal letters for his open work permit stating that visa officer was not satisfied. We are actuallyprovincial nominees which we dis nt mention n his applications.what i s d beat thing to di? Is it possible that we both apply fpr open work permit INSide canada even if he is in tje philippines?
It is sad to hear about the refusals.

For your husband to apply for OWP, he has to apply in Philipines by completing the Application Made Outside Canada. I do not knwo what might be reason of refusals but i hope that you have submitted all the correct documentations. Are these refusals made before medicals or after?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
imeejeff18 said:
Sorry to hear about that, but inside canada means you can only apply when you are here. Even that NOT on a visit visa status. You have to be here either on a study or work permit to be able to apply from INSIDE Canada. I believe you missed mentioning your nomination status to the visa officer.

But the refusal reason mentioned is very vague - perhaps if you are keen, gcms notes would give you the real picture.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hi All,
Please I need your advice on what to apply for. My wife is working on skilled type B but I have being refused visitor visa three times before she got the job.
Anyone with a valuable information and what documents we need to arrange. TX

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gimmyle said:
Hi All,
Please I need your advice on what to apply for. My wife is working on skilled type B but I have being refused visitor visa three times before she got the job.
Anyone with a valuable information and what documents we need to arrange. TX
If she is on Skilled job NOC B, then you are eligible for SOWP. Submit your own credentials (job, experience), along with her job details and visa. Also proof of your relationship.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi,
I have applied my SOWP based on my work permit here in Canada. My wife doesn't work at back home. She have minimum qualifications. Would it be a issue for SOWP?

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Hi fkl, just need your guidance on this

http://www.cicnews.com/2014/03/work-permits-spousal-sponsorship-applicants-033283.html

Thanks