+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you so much !
Well currently my wife's SOWP got refused since i missed out on uploading my employment letter. I sent them my employment letter via CSE but havent heard anything from them. I cant wait forever, so i guess i have to reapply. Are there any issues with taking medical upfront?
Yes, with the upfront medical u can reduce the processing time but there is no surety that u will get your visa approved after medical passed.
If u try without medical and then after submission u got medical request then there is 99% chances that your visa got approved

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
i submitted SOWP on 28 DEC 2017
yesterday i got Medical request. :D

Reactions: singhsaroopjohal

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
i submitted SOWP on 28 DEC 2017
yesterday i got Medical request. :D
Congratulations bro. Can u tell me document list that u submitted with your application. Is that a online process or paper. what was the processing time at the time of submission. It was 10 week or 13 weeks. Pls reply. It will be a great help to me. Thanks

Reactions: Ravi saab

Android16

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Yes, with the upfront medical u can reduce the processing time but there is no surety that u will get your visa approved after medical passed.
If u try without medical and then after submission u got medical request then there is 99% chances that your visa got approved
Thanks.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Congratulations bro. Can u tell me document list that u submitted with your application. Is that a online process or paper. what was the processing time at the time of submission. It was 10 week or 13 weeks. Pls reply. It will be a great help to me. Thanks
It was an online application applied from India and i provided the following documents. I applied on 28 of December 2017 (almost a month and a week).
Canada :-

1) Passport first page, last page, Visa page
2) Study Permit
3) Offer Letter
4) Current Enrolment proof.
5) All official Transcript received till date
5) Saving account statement
6) Checking Account Statement. (GIC)
7) Current Address, email id and contact number.
08) Address Proof (Any bill or recent bank statement)

India:-

1) Passport first page and last page
2) Pan Card copy
3) Account Statement (Last 3 Months)
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Marriage Photographs
6) Proof of current relationship (chats, email etc)
7) Digital Photo http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp
8) Family Information form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.pdf

Note: i had refusal as a visitor visa, later on i applied for GCMS notes, it took 3 months to get them and i'd gone through it and re apply SOWP. because as an international student the visitor visa application for spouse is not relevant, on top of that an international students have the rights to accompany their spouses so go for SOWP.

Good luck!!

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
It was an online application applied from India and i provided the following documents. I applied on 28 of December 2017 (almost a month and a week).

2) Study Permit
3) Offer Letter

2) Pan Card copy
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Marriage Photographs
7) Digital Photo http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp
8) Family Information form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.pdf

Note: i had refusal as a visitor visa, later on i applied for GCMS notes, it took 3 months to get them and i'd gone through it and re apply SOWP. because as an international student the visitor visa application for spouse is not relevant, on top of that an international students have the rights to accompany their spouses so go for SOWP.

Good luck!!

What was the processing time at the time u applied.
And what about your education certificate. Is it mandatory or not.

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017

2) Study Permit
3) Offer Letter

2) Pan Card copy
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Marriage Photographs

Good luck!!

I also got one time refusal. Already applied for gcms notes. But till now I didn’t receive those.
Can u tell me the main reason behind your refusal. I mean what was stated in GCMS notes

info78

Oct 3, 2017

2) Study Permit
3) Offer Letter

2) Pan Card copy
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Marriage Photographs

Good luck!!

Dear,
Reference to your message above, I would like to know few details which will possibly help me.
I had 2 SOWP refusal now, both in 2017. After that I applied for my GCMS Notes in December 2017 , now I am waiting for my GCMS Notes.
After I receive my GCMS Notes I am planning to apply again . I would like to know few details which will possibly help me.

My doubts are as follows:

1) Passport first page, last page, Visa page - No need of the travelling stamps like Immigration Exit & Entry Stamps?
2) Saving account statement - How much fund balance we need to show from the Canadian Bank Account? (Sponsor Bank Account)

1) Passport first page and last page -
No need of the travelling stamps like Immigration Exit & Entry Stamps? (Because I am staying in UAE, I am an Indian Citizen, every year I travel to India for my vacation)
2) Pan Card copy - Why we need to submit our Pan Card Copy?
3) Account Statement (Last 3 Months) - How much fund balance we need to show from our Indian Bank Account? (Applicant Bank Account)
4) Marriage Photographs - Usually how many photographs we have to show?

Waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks & Best Regards