+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit refused...

DavidQ

Feb 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

We have a couple of questions regarding our situation and we are seeking some recommendations. Here goes:

I’m working as a postdoc (LMIA exempt) since early 2018, NOC A, I’m from Europe and my wife is Russian. She came to visit me in Canada in July where we got married, she stayed 3 months and then went back home. Now we were looking for solutions that would allow us to live together, we tried permanent residence but we don’t have enough points for the moment so she applied for an open work permit to be allowed to work here.

Her work permit got refused because the officer was not convinced that she would leave Canada after the end of her permit and was not convinced of the purpose of the visit (seriously…), her current employment situation, her personal assets and financial status, and she provided insufficient evidence for relationship (apparently the Canadian wedding certificate is not sufficient).

So basically we have 2 possibilities with a lot of questions:

- Can she still come with her tourist visa? Can she get in trouble at the border because she stayed 3 months here or because she got her OWP refused?

- Is it better to reapply for a work permit, this time providing financial status, whatsapp conversations, wedding pictures and other pictures? What kind of document could she provide for her current employment situation knowing that in Russia they do not provide pay slips? And what could we do if she gets her OWP refused a second time?

Thank you for your help!

Malik.awan304

May 9, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, I hope you all are doing well. I applied my wife SOWP on Oct 8, 2018 and got rejection due to following reason:

1. Employment prospects in country of residence

After refusal, I applied for GCMS notes and here are remarks from visa officer: I note that the applicant currently has what appears to be stable employment, with no job prospects in Canada, which puts into question the reasonableness of the decision.

I’m currently working as a research scientist in university Canada on PGWP and my wife is working as a Medical lab technologist in Pakistan.

Could anyone please share their views to deal with these reasons for new application. It would be appreciated. Thanks!