+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT OUTSIDE CANADA

Jaisil1712

Nov 13, 2023
Hi, my wife has applied for spouse work permit. It has been one month and still showing that background check is under process, does anyone know what is the average wait time currently?

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,
My Husband is in Canada (Work permit). I need to apply for open work permit and for my daughter study permit. I am not sure where i should apply- GC key or IRCC.
Can anyone clarify?

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi, my wife has applied for spouse work permit. It has been one month and still showing that background check is under process, does anyone know what is the average wait time currently?
Hi,

Can you guide as to where i.e GC key or IRCC when need to apply for spouse work permit and study visa for my daughter

Thanx

Jaisil1712

Nov 13, 2023
Hi,

Can you guide as to where i.e GC key or IRCC when need to apply for spouse work permit and study visa for my daughter

Thanx
Hi, i am not sure about study permit for your daughter, but you can register on IRCC website, make a profile and under work permit application you can apply for your open work permit outside Canada, and also include your daughter's profile.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can be up to many months and may not be guaranteed. When did you get married and did you spend lot of time together in person after marriage or if you did more western style dating? What is your status in Canada and when does it expire?

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi, i am not sure about study permit for your daughter, but you can register on IRCC website, make a profile and under work permit application you can apply for your open work permit outside Canada, and also include your daughter's profile.
Hi,

I have logged in IRCC. These options are reflecting in the main page. There is no work permit here. I still selected the first option and went ahead but then after creating group , only Visitor and Study is reflecting. Please do guide. In case you can share your contact details i can call you or contact you.

Thanks
Start an application
Apply for a visitor visa, transit visa or a study permit
Make a new refugee claim or continue a claim made to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Citizenship
Download Citizenship e-Certificate

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi,

I have logged in IRCC. These options are reflecting in the main page. There is no work permit here. I still selected the first option and went ahead but then after creating group , only Visitor and Study is reflecting. Please do guide. In case you can share your contact details i can call you or contact you.

Thanks
Start an application
Apply for a visitor visa, transit visa or a study permit
Make a new refugee claim or continue a claim made to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Citizenship
Download Citizenship e-Certificate

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Jaisil,

Would appreciate if you could guide me where in IRCC you were able to apply for work permit for your wife. I am unable to find the correct information and losing time by not applying. If you could share the link also will be helpful. Please do reply.

Thanks
Neelima

Sree777

Oct 23, 2023
Hi, if you have applied using secure account for yourself, then use same account for your spouse and child. You will find add new application..from there you will be directed to apply for your spouse and child.

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi, if you have applied using secure account for yourself, then use same account for your spouse and child. You will find add new application..from there you will be directed to apply for your spouse and child.
Thanks for your response. But my husband is in Canada and I am in India. So if he applies from there stamping will be a problem right.
In that case should i apply from India, if so should i use my account created through GC Key or IRCC link.

Appreciate your help and please clear this doubt for me.

Neelima

Sree777

Oct 23, 2023
Hi, that shouldnt be a problem, alot of them apply for spouses who are outside canada. Please inform your spouse to login usin his gckey account and from there he has to create your application. If he didnt use gckey for his own before he travelled, then he can create new one, if not he has to use the one he applied before and apply for you. There are set of questions he will answer for spouse application and your daughters. Stamping you can still do from where you are. If you need any help on how to apply, try looking for "helpingall" channel on youtube he has some videos on that. Hope that helps.

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Hi, that shouldnt be a problem, alot of them apply for spouses who are outside canada. Please inform your spouse to login usin his gckey account and from there he has to create your application. If he didnt use gckey for his own before he travelled, then he can create new one, if not he has to use the one he applied before and apply for you. There are set of questions he will answer for spouse application and your daughters. Stamping you can still do from where you are. If you need any help on how to apply, try looking for "helpingall" channel on youtube he has some videos on that. Hope that helps.
Thank You

neelu

Feb 19, 2015
Thank You. The video has been very helpful. I have one doubt after seeing the video. Family information for 5707, needs to be filled in native language i.e Telugu in my case? If yes, then:
1. The whole form needs to be filled in telugu or only the family people names.
2. Do i have to take a print out and scan everything together and re upload.
3. Or do i have to have two sets of 5707, combine into one while scanning and then upload.

I have this doubt because in another video, filling in native language has not been mentioned.

Thanks
Neelima

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. But my husband is in Canada and I am in India. So if he applies from there stamping will be a problem right.
In that case should i apply from India, if so should i use my account created through GC Key or IRCC link.

Appreciate your help and please clear this doubt for me.

Neelima
Stamping location is based on address.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank You. The video has been very helpful. I have one doubt after seeing the video. Family information for 5707, needs to be filled in native language i.e Telugu in my case? If yes, then:
1. The whole form needs to be filled in telugu or only the family people names.
2. Do i have to take a print out and scan everything together and re upload.
3. Or do i have to have two sets of 5707, combine into one while scanning and then upload.

I have this doubt because in another video, filling in native language has not been mentioned.

Thanks
Neelima
Why aren’t you speaking to your spouse about this? They should have experience filling out IRCC applications.