+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse - Landing in Canada (Toronto) and Moving to Quebec. Please help

iiandyii

Feb 15, 2015
Hello All,

Don't want to create new topic but other threads are inactive. Hence creating as new topic. Please help.

My brother sponsored his wife and now she got DM after 2 years. She will be landing in ON, Canada. I have following two questions. Please advise.

Question 1: She is planning to bring her jewelry(Gold) around 50-75 grams and land in Toronto. Do we have to declare jewelley ? if yes. How to declare and which forms to fill ? Also if there is any other guidelines. Please provide your feedback. Appreciated.

Question 2: My brother sponsored his wife in Ontario. and now they are planning to move to Quebec. Can they move to QC right after landing in Ontario and settle in Montreal(Quebec) ? Is there any problem with moving to Quebec and apply for Quebec health care after landing in Ontario ?

They don't want to take any risk since she is 4 months pregnant and they want to apply for health care asap after landing. Therefore, Please help and provide your feedback and advise.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards
Arvind.

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
iiandyii said:
Hello All,

Don't want to create new topic but other threads are inactive. Hence creating as new topic. Please help.

My brother sponsored his wife and now she got DM after 2 years. She will be landing in ON, Canada. I have following two questions. Please advise.

Question 1: She is planning to bring her jewelry(Gold) around 50-75 grams and land in Toronto. Do we have to declare jewelley ? if yes. How to declare and which forms to fill ? Also if there is any other guidelines. Please provide your feedback. Appreciated.

Question 2: My brother sponsored his wife in Ontario. and now they are planning to move to Quebec. Can they move to QC right after landing in Ontario and settle in Montreal(Quebec) ? Is there any problem with moving to Quebec and apply for Quebec health care after landing in Ontario ?

They don't want to take any risk since she is 4 months pregnant and they want to apply for health care asap after landing. Therefore, Please help and provide your feedback and advise.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards
Arvind.
Hello,
#1 yeah she can bring as much as she wants, just declare it on b4 forms
#2 i'm not sure but i think she connot move to quebec right away and applied for healthcare, fro. What I read she nead to be covered by ontario healthcare first then she can move to quebec and switch to quebec healthcare. If you move to quebec right away you will need to apply for a CSQ

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Shineon39 said:
Hello,
#1 yeah she can bring as much as she wants, just declare it on b4 forms
#2 i'm not sure but i think she connot move to quebec right away and applied for healthcare, fro. What I read she nead to be covered by ontario healthcare first then she can move to quebec and switch to quebec healthcare. If you move to quebec right away you will need to apply for a CSQ
actually, i don't think this is true. i'm sure senior members will confirm. i believe if the person lands in QC, then the CSQ is needed. If a person lands in another province and wants to move to Quebec, then they don't need to do anything nor notify CIC. I've never heard of someone needing to apply for ontario healthcare first before moving to another province. that doesn't make sense to me, as there is a 90 day grace period before a person is eligible for OHIP. i don't see how Quebec is going to care if someone was already covered in another province. the Quebec healthcare is based on residency in Quebec, and it usually doesn't matter if the person lived in another province before applying to Quebec healthcare... at least this is my understanding.

To the OP, if the PR already landed in Ontario and wants to move to Quebec, then I don't *think* anything needs to be done. After landing as a PR, a person is free to move around the country as they see fit for their life needs. The issue comes into play if you try to land in Quebec after telling CIC you want to live in another province. Then the PR would be required to do additional paperwork.

There shouldn't be any issue with applying for Quebec healthcare, assuming the PR meets the residency requirements for that provincial's healthcare services. you will need to check the provincial services site for information on that. I'm sure senior members will confirm whether my assessment is correct or not...

iiandyii

Feb 15, 2015
Thanks CDNPR2014.

She moved to Quebec and she was able to apply health card in Quebec.

One last query that i have, can we change the address oon ECAS from Ontario resident to Quebec resident. ??
Will they delivered PR card at my updated address ?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards
Arvind

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
iiandyii said:
Thanks CDNPR2014.

She moved to Quebec and she was able to apply health card in Quebec.

One last query that i have, can we change the address oon ECAS from Ontario resident to Quebec resident. ??
Will they delivered PR card at my updated address ?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards
Arvind
it's not guaranteed they will send it to a changed address on ECAS. you are better off calling cic about the best way to change the address for pr card processing or sending a case specific inquiry about it.

iiandyii

Feb 15, 2015
Thanks Champ for your prompt response.

I have follow up question.

Also she has condition 51 on Landed paper. But both of them moved to Quebec and stay together.

Is it safe to change address from Ontario residence to Quebec Residence ? In Short, will CIC object or suspect why she moved to Quebec since she was sponsored as spouse from Ontario ? ?

Please advise and provide your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Regards
Arvind