+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse is a Canadian Citizen

samosaur

Apr 27, 2015
Hi Everyone - I've gotten my PNP Confirmation of Nomination and I'm sending in the PR application now. The issue I'm having is that I have a spouse (common-Law) that is a Canadian citizen. I've been filling out all the paperwork associated with that but do I really need to pay an additional $550 even though he already has citizenship? Should I just remove his name from my paperwork?

Thanks for your advice! I'm running out of time so I can't really afford to have the application returned due to an incorrect fee payment.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
samosaur said:
Hi Everyone - I've gotten my PNP Confirmation of Nomination and I'm sending in the PR application now. The issue I'm having is that I have a spouse (common-Law) that is a Canadian citizen. I've been filling out all the paperwork associated with that but do I really need to pay an additional $550 even though he already has citizenship? Should I just remove his name from my paperwork?

Thanks for your advice! I'm running out of time so I can't really afford to have the application returned due to an incorrect fee payment.
I am Canadian and my bf (common law) just sent his application in and did not pay extra for me.

You have to be honest about being common law, but there should be a question some place asking if your spouse is accompanying you. This is where you would answer "NO" and when it asks why not just put "already Canadian Citizen".

vdang

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2014
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
17-07-14
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Jan-ish
Med's Request
17-07-14
Med's Done....
22-07-14
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-15
LANDED..........
25-04-15
samosaur said:

I've just got my PR. My spouse (wife) is a Canadian citizen. I had all of her information in the family information form. She's not an accompanying family member so I did not pay the extra fee. I've also got a new born. I updated them with the information but since he's already in Canada and is a citizen, I didn't have to pay anything extra. Hope this helps.