+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

teannajoan

Aug 3, 2009
edmon said:
Hello edmon, thank you for sharing your thoughts. not sure if this will get to you as am not too savvy as to the use of some applications here. i even had difficulty looking for my posts.. hahaha.

teannajoan

Aug 3, 2009
monoko said:
Hi teannajoan!i dont actually have d same case as yours..but in terms of waiting a response from d embassy after my medical, i actually waited almost 8 months before they gave me a visa..but i am not saying that its gonna be d same case as yours, because my application before is a provincial nominee..what im trying to say is you'll just need to wait until any notice from d embassy..just keep praying..

hello monoko, thank you for sharing your views for my case. and you are right i should just lift it all up to HIM now. Salamat for helping out. hope this gets to you as am not too savy as to the use of applications here hahaha. hirap nga ako maghanap for my post earlier..hahahah. God bless

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
teannajoan said:
hi,

I am a filipina now married to a canadian. My PR application has been in processed since September 24, 2009. I was still single then till we got married September 3, 2010 of which the embassy was fully informed of the change in status. After a year and 4 mos since they started processing my application, am still waiting for my visa! Sad

After the wedding, embassy requested for our NSO marriage contract and Advisory of marriage of which we sent out promptly. We heard from embassy once more informing us of date of interview. At the conclusion of my interview at the manila canadian embassy last november 22,2010, the officer indicated that me and my son were to be approved for our Permanent Residence Visa as soon as the 're-medical' forms were recieved by their office as our first medical had exceeded the one year validity. They sent me the remedical forms last Dec 9, 2010 i had my remedical dec 13 and 14. The clinic of the designated medical doctor who did my remedical informed me that they sent out the remedical report forms via dhl on Dec 20, 2010 and was received by the mr lubos/nestor tuballa of the visa section. Thus my remedical was submitted promptly as requested by the interview officer. Our remedicals generated same results as to our first medical exams, the dmd told me everything was fine. As of today, we have not recieved notice or instruction as to the Permanent Residence Visa.

What could be the problem? during the interview the officer already returned all documents submitted except our passports and nso marriage certificates, infact she herself said she will change my status to married on their database as we got married along the process of my application. I even raised a concern regarding my passport still being in my maiden name... she informed me i didnt need an updated one with my married name as it will only cause more wait. She said if i opt not to change my passport they can issue my visa and that of my son soon as my remedical is done. its close to a month now since my remedical was submitted and we havent heard from them.

If there is anyone who can relate to my case, please share your experience and your views here. thank you very much and happy new year!

this is my timeline

July 8, 2009 had medical exams

August 16 2009 sent application to mississauga including medicals

Sept 24,2009 start of processing of PR application

October 2009 Passport request and other documents

Feb 2010 request more documents proving relationship

Sept 3 2010 got married and informed embassy of new status

Oct 9. 2010 request for original NSO copy of marriage certificate
and Advisory on marriage

Oct 26, 2010 Received email informing of Interview schedule on
Nov 22. 2010 at visa section canadian embassy manila

Nov 22, 2010 Had interview, was approved for pr
Docs were returned except passport and nso marriage
certificate.
Visa officer requested for remedical

Dec 8, 2010 Received remedical forms via dhl

Dec 13/14 2010 Had remedical at same designated medical doc
who did our previous medical last july 2009

Dec 20, 2010 Dhl informed of receipt of remedicals at visa section
canadian embassy manila (received by mr. lubos/nestor
tuballa.

up till present... no word or instruction as to visa :(
hi teannajoan

I assumed you are applying as provincial nominee right? and marry canadian citizen? it seems everything was fine they returned all your documents coz they are done with the processing. they didnt give you the passport back coz they have to wait for your medical results to issue the visa. yah you have to do re-medical because its already expired. about the NSO marriage contract they gonna keep it and put it in their file. the immigration was right no need to change your passport it will add more time you can still use your maiden name and change your status as married. just be patient they only have it last dec20 and it took a month from them to response so maybe in a week or by the end of the month you'll have your visa back :) did you already fill-up appendix A form when you submitted your passport? just pray and wait to mr. DHL hehe... like mr.vip, lee,monoko and my husband even me we are patiently waiting for mr. postman to knock the door hehe..

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
foreverlove said:
Plz advice me what's best thing to do kasi nareceive ko khapon yung aor at ppr ko and they're also requesting me to submit additional documents of my kids like nso birth certificate and appendix a. My eldest son whos 20 yrs old is required also to submit nbi clearance,cenomar.appendix a and family background history.My problem is the letter was dated Dec 14,2010 and they're just giving me 45days but i just got it yesterday Jan14,2011 so i'm not sure if i can complete those documents since i only have 2wks left. Btw my kids are'nt accompanying me.

hi foreverlove,

just write a letter explain to them that you only got the letter jan.14 and you'll be going to send as soon as you have them and for sure they gonna call you if they still not received any response from you. We have the same case i only have 1 week to send the requirements and i wrote them a letter that mine was still in process and ill send to them as soon as i have it. then after a week immigration called me and ask me if I received the letter dated nov29 and told them that i just received a week a go. dont worry they still find ways to contact you so make sure your fone is always with you :)

btw you can get nso birthcertificate in an hour go to the nearest NSO office, same with NBI except cenomar it takes 3 working days i think. send them first then the other is to follow.

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
frappii said:
If you really respect this forum, respect its people too. If people aren't comfortable expressing themselves in English, leave them alone. The purpose of this is to help those who need comfort while waiting to be with their loved ones and not to get reprimanded for not speaking the universal language.

My advice, before you post something next time about 'speaking in english'.. check your spelling first. It would "benEfit" you a lot. (yup, it's actually an E not I)

hahaha ya right! he's using english but with a wrong spelling and grammar... lol...
good statement here frappii.... congrats and keep up the good work... God bless

im sorry guys... i find this forum so helpful but sometimes others are funny....

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
filipina_love_canadian said:
hahaha ya right! he's using english but with a wrong spelling and grammar... lol...
good statement here frappii.... congrats and keep up the good work... God bless

im sorry guys... i find this forum so helpful but sometimes others are funny....
filipina love, korek hehe... pinag pipilitan nya tayo ang mag practice pero sya dapat ang more practice haha... funny diba? hahha..

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
Hi THERE GUYS,

I JUST MARRIED TO A CANADIAN LAST DECEMBER 2010. all my (and my daughter`s) essential documents are with my husband already we are just waiting for our marriage certificate to be released " the authenticated" copy from NSO. i was told that the processing period of our MC is 2 months.

Is there a way for us to expedite the process? anyone there who have knowledge about this please help. :( thanks in advance.. hugs! :-*

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
@ filipina, girl si katya to. my problem kame sa marriage certificate namen. kasi before na mention mo na sa akin na pwde ipa rush sayo nakuha mo na ng 2 weeks. ung sa akin nag bayad na kame ng 10k dun sa nagkasal sa amen para sa process ng papers. ang binigay nia lang sa amen ung copy lang na receive from city hall. pero ung copy from nso wala tapos nag disaapear na sia. help naman po. kasi un nalang yong hininintay namen para ma forward na ng asawa ko ung application sa processing office. ok na kame lahat my medical na din kame.
Thanks in advance. hugs!

quote author=filipina link=topic=40680.msg511954#msg511954 date=1291013689]
if youll gonna stay sa pinas kailangan pag dating mo prepared na lahat for ur wedding paayos mo na sa asawa mo ung liscence nyo then para kasala ;nalang.. then after wedding ask the municipal na you have to rushed then mga 2 weeks makukuha mo na yan or kung matagal pwede ikaw na kamo ang mag send sa main para mas mabilis.. kasi ako 2 weeks lang nakuha ko na ang NSO pina rushed ko sa munisipyo nag bayad lang ako.... advisory of marriage you have to get that after the marriage but kailangan makakuha ka muna ng copy ng NSO marriage contract para mag appear na sa AOM na married ka sa ganung name.

[/quote]

monoko

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LITTLEJAI said:
@ filipina, girl si katya to. my problem kame sa marriage certificate namen. kasi before na mention mo na sa akin na pwde ipa rush sayo nakuha mo na ng 2 weeks. ung sa akin nag bayad na kame ng 10k dun sa nagkasal sa amen para sa process ng papers. ang binigay nia lang sa amen ung copy lang na receive from city hall. pero ung copy from nso wala tapos nag disaapear na sia. help naman po. kasi un nalang yong hininintay namen para ma forward na ng asawa ko ung application sa processing office. ok na kame lahat my medical na din kame.
Thanks in advance. hugs!

if youll gonna stay sa pinas kailangan pag dating mo prepared na lahat for ur wedding paayos mo na sa asawa mo ung liscence nyo then para kasala ;nalang.. then after wedding ask the municipal na you have to rushed then mga 2 weeks makukuha mo na yan or kung matagal pwede ikaw na kamo ang mag send sa main para mas mabilis.. kasi ako 2 weeks lang nakuha ko na ang NSO pina rushed ko sa munisipyo nag bayad lang ako.... advisory of marriage you have to get that after the marriage but kailangan makakuha ka muna ng copy ng NSO marriage contract para mag appear na sa AOM na married ka sa ganung name.
Hi littlejai!share ko lng sau..ung sa min kc oct.23 kmi knasal then nagpaadvance copy kmi ng marriage cert sa NSO after ng wedding.advice mo lng ung city hall na klngan mo mgpaadvance copy ng marriage cert pra iforward nla sa NSO,then ita2wag mo sa NSO after 2wks kng ok na..ung sa min nkuha namin after 2wks..kya nadala ko na ung cert pgbalik ko d2 napasa ko agad lahat ng docs..

foreverlove

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov.02,2010
File Transfer...
Dec.08,2010
Med's Done....
Aug.20,2010
Passport Req..
Jan.14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
soon plz
Thanks filipina! So i guess i still have enough time to complete the documents and send them as soon as i can. I'll be very glad once this waiting crap is over.It's really very stressful!

LITTLEJAI

Star Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 03,2011
Doc's Request.
AOM
ahh ok. so thanks talaga sa response ha? pupunta nalang ako manila city hall. sa intramuros kasi ako kinasal so manila ako pupunta... then dalhen ko nalang sa NSO. Thanks po again... hugs!

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
LITTLEJAI said:
Thanks in advance. hugs!

what? 10k? holy thats too much.. ok atleast you have the original right? so all u have to do is go to the municipal office and sabihin mo kung pwede nila i-rush within 2weeks kamo bigyan mo nalang atleast 500. kailangan kasi ng request from them.

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
foreverlove said:
Thanks filipina! So i guess i still have enough time to complete the documents and send them as soon as i can. I'll be very glad once this waiting crap is over.It's really very stressful!
your welcome foreverlove :) for sure you'll be fine after all of these :)

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
filipina said:
filipina love, korek hehe... pinag pipilitan nya tayo ang mag practice pero sya dapat ang more practice haha... funny diba? hahha..
yes filipina... i laughed while reading that statement though hahaha...
plus... he/she mentioned about respect...
how could he/she use that word since he/she is complaining about english and tagalog?
frappii is write... he/she must leave those people alone who are comfortable in using tagalog.... then (respect will be there by that way) lol.

And besides, I find out that his/her English grammar wasn't right hahahaha...
So, he/she's the one who needs more practice... lol

Anyway, let's not stick into that... That's kindof nonsense.. let's just go on and help each other here or to anyone who needs help in any aspects...

God bless