Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
mr.canadian said:
I think the issue here is that the reason why CEM prioritizes and expedites the applications of those affected by the typhoon is for them to be able to come to Canada, as soon as possible. In your case, as you have mentioned before, your plan is to bring your son to Canada after his graduation in March or April, which is still a few months from now. It defeats the purpose of having your application expedited since your son is not coming to Canada even if he receives his visa earlier than expected.
I was just about to post the same thing.
No offense meant to sis echo, I can imagine how hard it is to have a loved one away from you knowing their safety might be at risk in their area.
But, to have your son stay in the Philippines until April means he can still decently live there until that time, and without the need of the rushed Visa.

I guess some forumers are just a bit frustrated on how some apps have been compromised because CEM is giving priority to the typhoon victims, well in fact, the priority defeated its purpose anyway.

Everyone here in the forum, somehow became desperate at some point that we are willing do to anything to expedite our Visas. However, to whoever plans to email CEM for priority, let's think back and see if you are actually desperately needing to bring your family here in Canada ASAP because of the threat of not having basic needs for them and not only for his/her own convenience.

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
Iay said:
No offense meant to sis echo, I can imagine how hard it is to have a loved one away from you knowing their safety might be at risk in their area.
But, to have your son stay in the Philippines until April means he can still decently live there until that time, and without the need of the rushed Visa.

I guess some forumers are just a bit frustrated on how some apps have been compromised because CEM is giving priority to the typhoon victims, well in fact, the priority defeated its purpose anyway.

Everyone here in the forum, somehow became desperate at some point that we are willing do to anything to expedite our Visas. However, to whoever plans to email CEM for priority, let's think back and see if you are actually desperately needing to bring your family here in Canada ASAP because of the threat of not having basic needs for them and not only for his/her own convenience.
Iay said:

No disrespect sis echo, I am so happy for you and your son. Too bad lang na kaming willing na makasama na ang aming hinihintay wala pa din sa tabi namin.

I understand din naman na your son worked so hard at school and that is why you are postponing his flight to Canada but on the other side of things, it does defeat expediting the application.

Again, no disrespect sis, this kind of put some frustration on some applicants who has been longing and wanting to be with their love ones but we have to sit back and wait until they prioritize applicants from Visaya.

I just needed to vent, sorry I have been frustrated and this waiting game just sucks!

Gelic

Star Member
May 23, 2013
olinadposadas said:
No disrespect sis echo, I am so happy for you and your son. Too bad lang na kaming willing na makasama na ang aming hinihintay wala pa din sa tabi namin.

I understand din naman na your son worked so hard at school and that is why you are postponing his flight to Canada but on the other side of things, it does defeat expediting the application.

Again, no disrespect sis, this kind of put some frustration on some applicants who has been longing and wanting to be with their love ones but we have to sit back and wait until they prioritize applicants from Visaya.

I just needed to vent, sorry I have been frustrated and this waiting game just sucks!
Iknow it is really unfair . ;( i agree !! Here i am dying to have my son and husband with me.. Hoping that theyl get the visa right away to fly the next day. And be with them this xmas but i guess not gonna happen since they start prioritizing who got affected by the typhoon.. Well patience nalang talga still hoping ;(

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
Another day another dollar.

CEM magpaulan ka na ng PPR, VISA at DM.

Lord, please hear our prayers.

Sis Sadness, sana makuha mo na ang pinakahihintay mong happiness sis. I will keep praying for you. Wag ka ng ma sad sis. I blow out kita pagdating mo dito. Ang eye bags ko sis kailangan na nya ng name soon!!!!! :D

echo_00

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SPET. 20, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 25 based on AOR
File Transfer...
OCT 17, 2013
Med's Done....
SEPT. 3, 2013
Interview........
i dont think so... sponsoring son
Passport Req..
got a phone call Nov. 14, Canada Time, to send passport
VISA ISSUED...
CEM Called Dec. 3 (Canada time) said visa is ready to send but no courier available in our place, so i told him to send to Canada
LANDED..........
after my son's graduation (March sometime)
I talked to CEM, the one who phoned yesterday, he said they cannot send his visa package to our place due to all courier is not yet available in our place. Thats one proof that we are really affected. I told him to send the Visa package in my address in Canada, which is the only way. And he said i should send the package to the Philippines but i told him i can bring his Visa with me because i am going there to pick him up during graduation. I asked him also when is the expiration of my son's Visa, he told me September, 2014. I think it wont defeat because they gave me that expiration until Sept. so i have lots of time to get my son. So thats why i decided to let him graduate, i know itss really hard to be away from our family, but for his sake to experience to be a Valedictorian in school and got all his awards is a the biggest experience that you cannot buy for your son. So, i have to wait till then.

I understand its really hard, even me i still feel bad about my son's decision to stay until his grad but i have to respect for what he wants. So, well, hope you guys have you visa in the right time.

By the way, i have not offended guys for what is your idea,,, we are all here to express for what we feel :) Godluck everyone!!!

vincent82

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gelic said:
Iknow it is really unfair . ;( i agree !! Here i am dying to have my son and husband with me.. Hoping that theyl get the visa right away to fly the next day. And be with them this xmas but i guess not gonna happen since they start prioritizing who got affected by the typhoon.. Well patience nalang talga still hoping ;(
i feel you sis :( hang in there :)

lyn Lambre

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Nueva Ecija
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 9, 2013
AOR Received.
October 22, 2013
File Transfer...
May 22,2013
Med's Request
October 22, 2013
Med's Done....
october 25, 2013
Passport Req..
october 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in God's Grace :)
LANDED..........
soon....

cranberries

Apr 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2013
AOR Received.
21/01/2013 AIP Received 14/02/2013
Med's Done....
26/11/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/29/2013
LANDED..........
12/08/2013
If there is one thing na magandang na idulot ng delubyo sa amin sa tacloban, that is yung pag expedite ng pag release ng visa....in my case, kahit october 29 at tumama ang fury ni yolanda nung november 8, my visa was not sent....sa mga nag mmadali, i understand your frustration pero intindihin nyo rin naman na ang average ng processing is 7-9 months (without strike). the cem also needs to make sure na di sila mag ppatuloy ng mga maggiging liability nila....on the other hand if you are "seriously affected", you should call the CEM. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PINAY CALL CENTER AGENT SAYING "YOU SHOULD E-MAIL THE VISA CENTER". I actually yelled at that girl who told me the exact words. what the fook!? I was just asking if they sent the visa already, i was not asking them to expedite it or whatever kasi alam kong meron na. grabeng emosyon na nga ang naffeel ko tas ssabihan ako ng ganyan? no offense pero kapwa pinoy magssabi ng ganun. alam nman nyang walang kuryente sa buong samar and leyet diba? she connected me to the VO. God, kung asar ako sa mga VO during the strike, nagbago yun lahat. She was the one na npaka considerate asking me if I am safe, to calm down, and all that. When we finally meet nung kinuha ko yung visa ko nag iyakan pa kami and niyakap nya ako and she wished me well.

sa mga wala pang visa, kunting tiis, the CEM is doing its best na mabigyan kayo lahat. They also want to do their job right and not jeopardize their country.

echo_00

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SPET. 20, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 25 based on AOR
File Transfer...
OCT 17, 2013
Med's Done....
SEPT. 3, 2013
Interview........
i dont think so... sponsoring son
Passport Req..
got a phone call Nov. 14, Canada Time, to send passport
VISA ISSUED...
CEM Called Dec. 3 (Canada time) said visa is ready to send but no courier available in our place, so i told him to send to Canada
LANDED..........
after my son's graduation (March sometime)
cranberries said:
If there is one thing na magandang na idulot ng delubyo sa amin sa tacloban, that is yung pag expedite ng pag release ng visa....in my case, kahit october 29 at tumama ang fury ni yolanda nung november 8, my visa was not sent....sa mga nag mmadali, i understand your frustration pero intindihin nyo rin naman na ang average ng processing is 7-9 months (without strike). the cem also needs to make sure na di sila mag ppatuloy ng mga maggiging liability nila....on the other hand if you are "seriously affected", you should call the CEM. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR PINAY CALL CENTER AGENT SAYING "YOU SHOULD E-MAIL THE VISA CENTER". I actually yelled at that girl who told me the exact words. what the fook!? I was just asking if they sent the visa already, i was not asking them to expedite it or whatever kasi alam kong meron na. grabeng emosyon na nga ang naffeel ko tas ssabihan ako ng ganyan? no offense pero kapwa pinoy magssabi ng ganun. alam nman nyang walang kuryente sa buong samar and leyet diba? she connected me to the VO. God, kung asar ako sa mga VO during the strike, nagbago yun lahat. She was the one na npaka considerate asking me if I am safe, to calm down, and all that. When we finally meet nung kinuha ko yung visa ko nag iyakan pa kami and niyakap nya ako and she wished me well.

sa mga wala pang visa, kunting tiis, the CEM is doing its best na mabigyan kayo lahat. They also want to do their job right and not jeopardize their country.
Yes, i agree CEM just doing their job! Samar and Leyte really affected by the typhoon. My son is in Samar, even i didn't heard the news about the Notice – Immigration measures in support of the Government’s response to Typhoon Haiyan. I know that i can request to fast track application of my son, actually i emailed them before they release the news! Luckily the next day they released the news! And they phoned me right away the next day for my son's passport request. Also, i am only sponsoring dependent child,,, no need for background check and proof of genuine relationship. And also i declared him when i did my application. So thats why CEM approved my son's application right away.

Margaux23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2 2013
AOR Received.
July 18 2013
File Transfer...
July 18 2013
Med's Done....
April 15 2013
Passport Req..
April 15 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 6 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Iay said:

Exactly Ms Iay! Like in my case I tried sending an email to the embassy but yet I was told I wasn't considered affected because I don't live in Visayas. What they didn't know was that, I lost 5 relatives there. those are my grandmother, uncle, auntie and cousins. The only farm land my grandmother owned was washed out of course. In my email I said I can send documents to prove that my relatives are greatly affected too. And my mothers birth place is Leyte. Yet I was not considered. Because of that I even questioned God to the point that I no longer post anything here. No offense to echo she was nice to me she told me to mail the embassy so I did. But I know nobody has to blame since it's not her fault also that she was given a priority. Nobody want's the Yolanda tragedy. I was loosing hope. I became distraught. I read yesterday when somone said that the CEM was very nice to us and we should not took advantage of that kindness. I know exactly what it means but again can you blame me on sending them an email. Yes, people will say Still "I was not personally affected". Maybe because It's easier to say that
Knowing all us are in need of the visa.

But then my husband boost my morale again he told me that maybe God has something better for us. Maybe this long distance situation was the start of the trials we will encounter as a couple. And I know he is right. Like I always told him "I will never get tired of PRAYING"

ehmile24

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
GOD is in control
Dont get me wrong margaux23 but CEM is prioritizing the affected of typhoon yolanda, meaning their immediate family member: spouse or child/children.

Margaux23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2 2013
AOR Received.
July 18 2013
File Transfer...
July 18 2013
Med's Done....
April 15 2013
Passport Req..
April 15 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 6 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
ehmile24 said:
Dont get me wrong margaux23 but CEM is prioritizing the affected of typhoon yolanda, meaning their immediate family member: spouse or child/children.
I know but then again there is no harm trying. Sabi nga ni ms iay lahat tau is in desperate need of the visa wether affected or not.

Mrs.Hartman

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hixon Bc
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/6/13
AOR Received.
30/6/13
File Transfer...
18/7/13
Med's Done....
27/2/13
Passport Req..
sooner please
VISA ISSUED...
before feb
LANDED..........
anytime..
Margaux23 said:
I know but then again there is no harm trying. Sabi nga ni ms iay lahat tau is in desperate need of the visa wether affected or not.

So all of as had a different circumstances weather you are effected of typhoon or not. just be fair...we all pay here..and we All need the visa for our own family..but anyways god had a perfect plan for all of us.. :)

Margaux23

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2 2013
AOR Received.
July 18 2013
File Transfer...
July 18 2013
Med's Done....
April 15 2013
Passport Req..
April 15 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 6 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Mrs.Hartman said:
So all of as had a different circumstances weather you are effected of typhoon or not. just be fair...we all pay here..and we All need the visa for our own family..but anyways god had a perfect plan for all of us.. :)
I agree po. We all have our own circumtances but one goal to be with our loveones.