Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2011 sent 04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2012
Hello everyone! After 8 hours sa CEM kanina, I finally got my visa! Thank you Lord!!! :)

Sept 10 flight ko tapos Sept 12 expired na visa ko. Hanggang sa huli photo finish pa rin ako.hehe

Salamat sa lahat ng tulong! :)

cyela

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2011
Med's Done....
April 29, 2011 (re-med request oct.3, 2012),(sent remed to embassy oct 25,2012
Passport Req..
oct. 3, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on e-cas Dec. 3, 2012 (received visa dec 10)
LANDED..........
January 23,2013 Finally :)
markym said:
hello ! thanks for the info :)
haha sana nga swertehin , or kahit man lang from september-february lng pgprocess nmin,
:D how about you? ilang months?

hi until now waiting pa rin ang asawa ko. 1 year 2 months na application namin sa kanila :( in process na pero waiting pa kami sa letter para sa re-do medical nya.

cyela

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2011
Med's Done....
April 29, 2011 (re-med request oct.3, 2012),(sent remed to embassy oct 25,2012
Passport Req..
oct. 3, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on e-cas Dec. 3, 2012 (received visa dec 10)
LANDED..........
January 23,2013 Finally :)
kurt said:
i totally agree

I agree as well... based on our experience, nung nag ask ako ng help sa MP namin, that's when it started to move our application..I sent them e-mail as well and they responded back to me saying nga na they will send a re-do medical shortly.

adanac2011

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jdms1422 said:
Hello everyone! After 8 hours sa CEM kanina, I finally got my visa! Thank you Lord!!! :)

Sept 10 flight ko tapos Sept 12 expired na visa ko. Hanggang sa huli photo finish pa rin ako.hehe

Congrats jdms sa visa mo :) goodluck din sa pdos bukas. Medyo onti lang tao pag friday pero medyo agahan mo padin to be sure. Mas ok kung complete na yung requirements pagpunta mo pati form para mabilis processing. Ngapala, nung nagpunta ako last week, meron ginawang registration for absentee voting. Nakalimutan ko itanong sa kanila saan at kelan ike-claim yung stub na binigay, wala din kasi sinabi, pakitanong na lang din and update us too. Thanks!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
LucasJones said:
Much obliged on the sentiments, however, let me make myself clear. I meant 60 days after you've sent the PASSPORT to CEM not after it was initially processed when you sent in your application. I understand and have read several times the non commitment to respond to any requests of updates if it falls under the 9 mos limit. I am talking about the passport being held by the embassy for longer than the said period of 60 days. If it does go past it, the Sponsor can get an update and he/she will get a reason or status as to where his/her application is. The passport is a means of a key for travel for ones personal and/or business purposes. It is also a part of ones identity, therefore, every citizen of whatever country your from is entitled to know where his/her passport is. The whole idea of the CEM withholding the passport initially for that long period is as controversial as it is already. Not all countries of the Canadian Embassies practice this method. The Philippines surely does. Most countries will ask for your passport only when your visa is ready at the Embassy. Not during assessments. A passport is your property. Yes, going by the rules of CEM is a must, but going past those rules, one deserves an explanation. Trust me when i tell you this, get an update if it has past the mark and they will entertain your query.

Thanks.
I totally agree with you. However, as you have mentioned, CEM requests passport early in the process, and some even as early as one- two weeks upon sponsorship approval/ file transfer.
Based on that, what I'm trying to say is, even after 60 days that CEM holds on to your passport, it will still be within the 9 months average processing time.
My husband's passport was with CEM for 98 days. Did I want to follow up? For sure. But did I? No, because the application is still within 9 months and I know CEM will not respond anyway and I didnt want to risk further delaying the process. I agree with you on the sentiments of having our passports gone too long. What I meant was, I don't think its advisable to follow up after 60 days of submitting the passport (as you have advised people in your original post) I can totally understand for cases like cyela, PPR was Oct 2011 and that's 10 months ago. In those cases a follow up is really necessary.

LucasJones

Oct 26, 2009
pelipeli said:
I totally agree with you. However, as you have mentioned, CEM requests passport early in the process, and some even as early as one- two weeks upon sponsorship approval/ file transfer.
Based on that, what I'm trying to say is, even after 60 days that CEM holds on to your passport, it will still be within the 9 months average processing time.
My husband's passport was with CEM for 98 days. Did I want to follow up? For sure. But did I? No, because the application is still within 9 months and I know CEM will not respond anyway and I didnt want to risk further delaying the process. I agree with you on the sentiments of having our passports gone too long. What I meant was, I don't think its advisable to follow up after 60 days of submitting the passport (as you have advised people in your original post) I can totally understand for cases like cyela, PPR was Oct 2011 and that's 10 months ago. In those cases a follow up is really necessary.
They WILL NOT delay your passport retrieval if you inquired. If they don't want to entertain your query, they will simply say check some other time. They don't operate as such that if you keep bugging them they will punish you by delaying your passport. I think that's a bit ludicrous. Don't assume that. You can inquire as much as you want and you will not be penalized for it. As long as it's within the time given by CEM. And the said 9 months is established within the acceptance of your application in its initial stages, not when passport is sent. If you note on your PPR letter, you'll see the number of days that they'll process your passport (45-60 days). If they go beyond that, you should be given an update. If not, due to the volume of their applications, you can ask for an update. They note the number of days on the letter because they have to. Why? Because its your Passport. Not just some document downloaded from their website. You own that legal identification. You chose not to get an update from CEM regarding your husbands passport after 90 days is your own prerogative. I say this and advise to people to get an update because I know what its like. I am a Filipino Canadian with a big space in my life without my other half. The anxiety.. depression... nerves.. that toys with your loved ones feelings while waiting is something else. An update is a temporary solution to see where and when that hope arrives. It's like waiting for an elevator and seeing what floor its on before getting to yours. This metaphoric description only explains what I know each and every applicant and Sponsor is going through. I'm not giving everyone their hopes to nothing but simply giving them a hope for something. CEM has a plethora of work on their hands and we are all merely a "CLIENT ID" to each of them when it boils down to it. I understand their capabilities. But the applicants are entitled to know as well the progress of their passports once its relayed to them, AFTER the said period of time. I'm not telling everyone to go out and call CEM or CIC, but simply giving advise to all to subject yourself to get an update when deem fit. Like I said, it's everyone's prerogative to wanting to get an update or not. But rest assured, no one works in a mafioso type of environment within the walls of the Canadian Embassy and will be punished for an update request. They can't delay the processing simply because their annoyed at the persistent request for an update. They don't have time for that nor is it a part of their job description to. They simply move on to the next "CLIENT ID".

I am coming from experience and just wanting to share what we went through. Hope is the number need for most. To each his own.

Thanks.

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
kurt said:
hi guys,
i think there is a good news on my application. I received a passport request from my visa office in SIngapore kaso i need to redo my medical ASAP, the good thing is pwede ko na dito sa Pinas mag re-med kasi andito na ako since June. Any suggestion aling medical clinic ang medjo less hassle and how much the payment.. kelangan ba ng magpa appointment or walk in nalang? Any response will be appreciated...

thanks a lot

Ah re-do ka pala basta dalhin mo yung Medical Report na galing sa Embassy , 3 xerox copy ng passport , 6 pcs. passport pictures white background, 2 valid ID ipa xerox yung lang po.

Walk- in lang po no reservation pero di ko alam sa iba sa SCTS Makati kasi ako last year at kanina 1:00pm around 4:00pm nako natapos. Ang binayaran ko kanina ay P4,000 parin tulad last year.

Sa Sept. 17, 2012 after 2:00pm ko malalaman kung naipasa na nila yung resulta sa CEM or tatawagan nila ko early kung may problem ganun po.

LucasJones

Oct 26, 2009
jdms1422 said:

Congratulations and best of luck!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
LucasJones said:
You can inquire as much as you want and you will not be penalized for it. As long as it's within the time given by CEM. And the said 9 months is established within the acceptance of your application in its initial stages, not when passport is sent. If you note on your PPR letter, you'll see the number of days that they'll process your passport (45-60 days).
You can inquire as much as you want and you will not be penalized for it. - You're right, to each his own and I'm sure many will disgaree with this statement.
And the said 9 months is established within the acceptance of your application in its initial stages, not when passport is sent. - 9 months starts at the time CEM receives your application from CIC after sponsorship approval. As I explained, the day they receive the file to the time they request for your passpport , even if you comply after exactly 45 days, and count 60 days after that , will still fall within 9 months .
If you note on your PPR letter, you'll see the number of days that they'll process your passport (45-60 days). - Nowhere in the PPR letter does it say they'll process the passport within 45-60 days. what's in the PPR letter is you are required to submit the PP to them with other required documents within 45 days from the date of the PPR letter.

Please see also this link, http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/enquiry-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d
you can inquire as much as you want but they wont respond if you still fall within processing times , so I really think there is no point in "bugging" them about it, they made themselves clear. It will only add more frustration to the waiting process.

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
pelipeli said:
You can inquire as much as you want and you will not be penalized for it. - You're right, to each his own and I'm sure many will disgaree with this statement.
And the said 9 months is established within the acceptance of your application in its initial stages, not when passport is sent. - 9 months starts at the time CEM receives your application from CIC after sponsorship approval. As I explained, the day they receive the file to the time they request for your passpport , even if you comply after exactly 45 days, and count 60 days after that , will still fall within 9 months .
If you note on your PPR letter, you'll see the number of days that they'll process your passport (45-60 days). - Nowhere in the PPR letter does it say they'll process the passport within 45-60 days. what's in the PPR letter is you are required to submit the PP to them with other required documents within 45 days from the date of the PPR letter.

Please see also this link, http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/enquiry-how_demande-comment.aspx?view=d
you can inquire as much as you want but they wont respond if you still fall within processing times , so I really think there is no point in "bugging" them about it, they made themselves clear. It will only add more frustration to the waiting process.
@ pelipeli

i agree with you..

even you ask yung matatagal na they will advised you not to contact the embassy until the processing time has elapsed..

and its clearly stated sa link na binigay mo..

and sa mga waiting i know mahirap, nakakainip pero habaan lang ang pasensya in Gods time makakarating din kayo at makakapiling din nyo ang mga mahal nyo sa buhay dito sa canada

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
― Aristotle

tom lozada

Feb 26, 2012
Hi ask ko lang sa fellow kababayan. I am getting married this october with my gf and she is pregnant right now with our first child. I am an permanent resident here in canada. My questions are. How much is my income be to sponsor them? I am really working hard right now to send back money home and also to save for our future. I am also still 5 months here in canada.Is there any suggestions you can give me so i have an idea about getting them here. Thanks alot in advance. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KMAEP said:
@ pelipeli

i agree with you..

even you ask yung matatagal na they will advised you not to contact the embassy until the processing time has elapsed..

and its clearly stated sa link na binigay mo..

and sa mga waiting i know mahirap, nakakainip pero habaan lang ang pasensya in Gods time makakarating din kayo at makakapiling din nyo ang mga mahal nyo sa buhay dito sa canada

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
― Aristotle
Thank you KMAEP, kahit man ako, grabeng depressed and impatient nako nung nagaantay, evry weekend na may DM ung mga kabatch namin and even ung mga mas huling batch, at ako wala, eh iniiyak ko na lang... pero wala ako magawa... kahit minsan d namin naisip magfollow up sa embassy dahil alam kong di rin naman sila sasagot at dahil nga matagal ko nang nababasa dito na baka makadelay daw, ayokong i-risk.

Sa mga waiting..Darating din yan... Kelangan niyo lang maniwala na may rason kung bakit natatagalan, a hidden reason, maybe even a blessing in disguise.. only God knows.. nung mga huling sandali na malapit na tlga ako mag-give up (was even thinking na uuwi na lang ako ng Pinas para samahan na si hubby na antayin ung visa) , I heard a song with a line "Teach me to trust in You with all of my heart, to lean not on my own understanding, Coz I just forget, You won't give me what I can't bear..." and that moment sabi ko Bahala na si God, hiniling ko na lang na bigyan pa ako ng more patience.. and the next day DM na si hubby...

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waitinggame said:
Pg ba "Decision Made" means Visa granted na ba?
Yes! (unless you have been denied)