Passport Req..
june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AUG 04 2010
LANDED..........
OCT 05 2010
J

jakey_fernandez

Hi, i just want to know how long it usually takes from the time they request for your passport and the time they send it back? I sent my passport to the canadian embassy in makati on July 30, 2010. They asked for additional family information and i sent that on the 6th of august, 2010. The embassy has not returned the passport yet :(

June 6 sent application
July 21 approved sponsorship
July 28 manila start processing our application
july 30 sent my passport to canadian embassy in makati
aug 5 received letter from embassy asking for additional family information (strange because i submitted that same form back in june 6)
Aug 6 sent additional family information to canadian embassy in makati

I'm just worried as to why they have not returned my passport yet when it has been 1month and 1week now?

Anyone who can help?

Is there a number we can call to contact canadian embassy in makati to do a follow up?

auditman

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when the visa is ready thats the time you will get your passport back.

jakey_fernandez said:
Hi, i just want to know how long it usually takes from the time they request for your passport and the time they send it back? I sent my passport to the canadian embassy in makati on July 30, 2010. They asked for additional family information and i sent that on the 6th of august, 2010. The embassy has not returned the passport yet :(

June 6 sent application
July 21 approved sponsorship
July 28 manila start processing our application
july 30 sent my passport to canadian embassy in makati
aug 5 received letter from embassy asking for additional family information (strange because i submitted that same form back in june 6)
Aug 6 sent additional family information to canadian embassy in makati

I'm just worried as to why they have not returned my passport yet when it has been 1month and 1week now?

Anyone who can help?

Is there a number we can call to contact canadian embassy in makati to do a follow up?

mrssmith

Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-03-2010
denndell said:
@ mrssmith congrats! pwede magtanong ano po ba additional documents hningi syo ng embassy?
tnx
Thanks! additional docs: Baptismal certificate, Birth certificate issued my the local civil registrar, Elementary and high school permanent record, voter's record. I was late registered, those docs were asked just to prove my identity.

denndell

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2011
@mrssmith thanks for the info.it might helps us here too just to share anything happen in the
application.god bless..

chocomilky

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Mindanao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/04/2010
Doc's Request.
08/06/2010
AOR Received.
08/06/2010
Passport Req..
08/06/2010
hello everyone!

I received a call from embassy today and I was ask to send a copy for my CSQ..I hope this is a good sign that they will do decision made soon on my application:)
Have a blessed Day to all!

J

jakey_fernandez

chocomilky said:
hello everyone!

I received a call from embassy today and I was ask to send a copy for my CSQ..I hope this is a good sign that they will do decision made soon on my application:)
Have a blessed Day to all!
hope all goes well for you chocomilky! they asked for my passport a month ago and asked for my family information 3 weeks ago as additional document requirement. my app is still in process but hopefully i will get the "decision made" soon. My friends who sponsored their spouse usually get their passport back after a month, hope we get that same luck as well :)

chocomilky

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Mindanao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/04/2010
Doc's Request.
08/06/2010
AOR Received.
08/06/2010
Passport Req..
08/06/2010
jakey_fernandez said:
hope all goes well for you chocomilky! they asked for my passport a month ago and asked for my family information 3 weeks ago as additional document requirement. my app is still in process but hopefully i will get the "decision made" soon. My friends who sponsored their spouse usually get their passport back after a month, hope we get that same luck as well :)
Thanks jakey_fernandez,Im excited to get DM..they asked my passport 3 months ago as well as my other docu.Goodluck to all of us!

MLVill

Sep 9, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/10
Med's Request
4/18/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/28/2011
LANDED..........
08/08/2011
Hello glad to be here ...
I am also applying for permanent residency under Family or spouse Visa.
Ask ko lang im just wondering why do we need PDOS?
Is it necessary for spouse visa?
Kasi alam ko PDOS is for only overseas worker? (unsure)
Before i was attended some seminar CFO Guidance and Counseling at St.Mary Euphrasia Foundation at QC.
That seminar is about person migrating to other country or may say married to a foreigner.
Is it same with PDOS? Anybody can explain pls?

katefs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MLVill said:
Hello glad to be here ...
I am also applying for permanent residency under Family or spouse Visa.
Ask ko lang im just wondering why do we need PDOS?
Is it necessary for spouse visa?
Kasi alam ko PDOS is for only overseas worker? (unsure)
Before i was attended some seminar CFO Guidance and Counseling at St.Mary Euphrasia Foundation at QC.
That seminar is about person migrating to other country or may say married to a foreigner.
Is it same with PDOS? Anybody can explain pls?

Hi MLVill,

Regarding your question, no I don't think we need to attend the PDOS. Instead we should attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP)

I quoted some of the items listed on this site: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=383&Itemid=60 to answer your question:

1.) I'm a spouse of a foreigner, can I make a reservation for the PDOS?
- No. Spouses/partners of foreigners are supposed to attend the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) instead of PDOS.

2.) My Husband/wife is a former Filipino, do I need to attend the PDOS?
- Although your spouse used to be a Filipino, he/she is already considered a foreigner when he acquired foreign citizenship. Thus, you are required to undergo the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) instead of PDOS.

Hope this one helped! :)

J

jakey_fernandez

chocomilky said:
Thanks jakey_fernandez,Im excited to get DM..they asked my passport 3 months ago as well as my other docu.Goodluck to all of us!
really 3 months ago? i wonder how come it takes that long for them to hold our passports. My friends who sponsored their spouse back in april-may of this year receieved their passport back in a month :( hope i get my passport before christmas :( its getting me a bit worried

auditman

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they have my wifes passport since july. it seems to be a norm procedure that they ask for it @ the beginning of the process.

J

jakey_fernandez

auditman said:
they have my wifes passport since july. it seems to be a norm procedure that they ask for it @ the beginning of the process.
they havent returned it to you as well? hope all goes well for both us and we get it back soon. sent mine in july as well.

auditman

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will get it back only when the visa is ready.

jakey_fernandez said:
they havent returned it to you as well? hope all goes well for both us and we get it back soon. sent mine in july as well.

MLVill

Sep 9, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/3/10
Med's Request
4/18/2011
Med's Done....
4/26/2011
VISA ISSUED...
07/28/2011
LANDED..........
08/08/2011
Yes it helped me a lot..Coz i read a lot about people is worried about Pdos.
so its clear now that all spouse visa no need to attend PDOS
Instead Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP)

Thank you very much katefs for the info ....