Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Cabanatuan City, Phils
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pre-Departure Seminars for Temporary Workers and Permanent Residents
Required Seminars

Important: Applicants who qualify and are issued visas to enter Canada as permanent residents and temporary workers are required by the Philippines government to register and attend a pre-departure orientation seminar before they leave the country.

These seminars are offered by the Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO) for immigrants and by the Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA) for temporary workers.
Free seminars

There are also other seminars offered freely in the Philippines through programs funded by the Government of Canada.

The Canadian government, through the International Organization for Migration (IOM), also offers a voluntary pre-departure orientation seminar, Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA), for Temporary Workers in the Live-in Caregiver Program and all categories of immigrants.

For those immigrating to Canada as Skilled Workers or Provincial Nominees, the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC), offers in Manila session under the Canadian Immigration Integration Project (CIIP).

Before your departure you may also want to spend some time visiting the Going to Canada website and the Canada International website.
CFO Seminars
Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

Participants: compulsory for all Filipino immigrants older than 12 years old leaving the country to settle permanently abroad. Children of immigrants, with ages 13 to 19, are required to attend a Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

Length: one day

Where: CFO’s offices in Manila and Cebu.

Cost: for the latest registration fee visit CFO web site

Program: Travel regulations, Immigration procedures, Cultural differences, Settlement concerns, Employment and social security concerns, and rights and obligations of Filipino immigrants.
Peer Counseling Program

Participants: compulsory for children of immigrants, with ages 13 to 19

Program: to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.
Guidance and counseling program

Participants: compulsory for Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals

For more information and registration:

For more information on the registration and counseling requirements of CFO, their offices in Manila and Cebu may be contacted

Manila Office
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. corner South Superhighway, Manila
Tel. Nos.: (632)5618321 ext. 104, 105, 201 to 204
Fax No.: (632)5618332
Email Addresses: cfodfa@info.com.ph; cfomieo@info.com.ph

Cebu Extension Office
Causing-Lozada Bldg., Osmena Blvd. corner M.J. Cuenco Avenue, Cebu City
Telefax No.:(032)2555253
Email Address: cfocebu@mozcom.comCFO

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/pre_departure-pre_depart.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

eskimokiss

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 29, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 22, 2012
AOR Received.
Jun. 14, 2012
File Transfer...
Jul. 5, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 20, 2011
Passport Req..
Aug. 22, 2012
faithandlove said:
how about PDOS po?kasi po may sticker daw po na need i-atach sa PP before leaving the country po...? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
In your case, I believe PDOS is required. You are an accompanying dependent right?

eskimokiss

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 29, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 22, 2012
AOR Received.
Jun. 14, 2012
File Transfer...
Jul. 5, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 20, 2011
Passport Req..
Aug. 22, 2012
faithandlove said:
Pre-Departure Seminars for Temporary Workers and Permanent Residents
Required Seminars

Important: Applicants who qualify and are issued visas to enter Canada as permanent residents and temporary workers are required by the Philippines government to register and attend a pre-departure orientation seminar before they leave the country.

These seminars are offered by the Commission on Filipino Overseas (CFO) for immigrants and by the Overseas Workers' Welfare Administration (OWWA) for temporary workers.
Free seminars

There are also other seminars offered freely in the Philippines through programs funded by the Government of Canada.

The Canadian government, through the International Organization for Migration (IOM), also offers a voluntary pre-departure orientation seminar, Canadian Orientation Abroad (COA), for Temporary Workers in the Live-in Caregiver Program and all categories of immigrants.

For those immigrating to Canada as Skilled Workers or Provincial Nominees, the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC), offers in Manila session under the Canadian Immigration Integration Project (CIIP).

Before your departure you may also want to spend some time visiting the Going to Canada website and the Canada International website.
CFO Seminars
Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS)

Participants: compulsory for all Filipino immigrants older than 12 years old leaving the country to settle permanently abroad. Children of immigrants, with ages 13 to 19, are required to attend a Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment.

Where: CFO's offices in Manila and Cebu.

Program: Travel regulations, Immigration procedures, Cultural differences, Settlement concerns, Employment and social security concerns, and rights and obligations of Filipino immigrants.
Peer Counseling Program

Participants: compulsory for children of immigrants, with ages 13 to 19

Guidance and counseling program

Participants: compulsory for Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals

For more information and registration:

For more information on the registration and counseling requirements of CFO, their offices in Manila and Cebu may be contacted

Manila Office
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave. corner South Superhighway, Manila
Tel. Nos.: (632)5618321 ext. 104, 105, 201 to 204
Fax No.: (632)5618332
Email Addresses: cfodfa @ info.com.ph; cfomieo @ info.com.ph

Cebu Extension Office
Causing-Lozada Bldg., Osmena Blvd. corner M.J. Cuenco Avenue, Cebu City
Telefax No.:(032)2555253
Email Address: cfocebu @ mozcom.comCFO

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/pre_departure-pre_depart.aspx?lang=eng&view=d
I was just reading this with regards to your question. :D

faithandlove

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Cabanatuan City, Phils
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eskimokiss said:
I was just reading this with regards to your question. :D
ahehe... thank you for giving time sa tanong ko... opo dependent po ako, declared as student po..

only daughter po kasi, tha's y... hehe...

how's your papers po?

eskimokiss

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 29, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 22, 2012
AOR Received.
Jun. 14, 2012
File Transfer...
Jul. 5, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 20, 2011
Passport Req..
Aug. 22, 2012
faithandlove said:
ahehe... thank you for giving time sa tanong ko... opo dependent po ako, declared as student po..

only daughter po kasi, tha's y... hehe...

how's your papers po?
Kakapadala pa lang ng papers ko, so there's a long wait ahead pa. :'( How about yours? Ilagay mo timeline nyo sa profile ;D

eskimokiss

Star Member
Feb 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 29, 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug. 22, 2012
AOR Received.
Jun. 14, 2012
File Transfer...
Jul. 5, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 20, 2011
Passport Req..
Aug. 22, 2012
By the way, does anyone have any idea if the VOs at CEM are Caucasians or Filipinos? ;D

mistletoes

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 5,2011
File Transfer...
Feb. 14,2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 6,2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-28-12 received (2-17-12 letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
Apr. 16,2012. Received Apr 20, 2012
LANDED..........
soooon! See u Mahal ko!
natniel said:
Good day!

Inquire lang po sana.. Dec. 6, 2011 na.receive yung application ko tpos up until today dun sa ECAS ko two lines lang nkalagay, first is we received your application last Dec 6, 2011 and medical results have been received. dun po sa mga nka receive na ng PPR ganito rin ba nasa ECAS nyo?

Thanks!
Wala pa ako med result sa ecas, app received lang. Had my ppr feb 28 til now wla pa med result ko ;D

rojamon27

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-31-2011
Med's Done....
RE MED. 03-12-2012
Passport Req..
12-20-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 24 2012.Recieve May 02 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
faithandlove said:
how about PDOS po?kasi po may sticker daw po na need i-atach sa PP before leaving the country po...? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
PDOS (PRE-DEPARTURE ORIENTATION SEMINAR) required po umatend nito,paghindi nalagyan ng sticker ang passport mo you cannot leave the country.COA (canadian orientation abroad) kahit di ka umatend dito sa pinas,maski sa canada ka umatend ok lang.well kung di ka naman naghahabol sa panahon pwede ka din umatend if you like ,coz it's free naman plus may meryenda pa hehehe...

shinigami

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
rojamon27 said:
PDOS (PRE-DEPARTURE ORIENTATION SEMINAR) required po umatend nito,paghindi nalagyan ng sticker ang passport mo you cannot leave the country.COA (canadian orientation abroad) kahit di ka umatend dito sa pinas,maski sa canada ka umatend ok lang.well kung di ka naman naghahabol sa panahon pwede ka din umatend if you like ,coz it's free naman plus may meryenda pa hehehe...
PDOS lng po ba ang mandatory before departure? thanks

rojamon27

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-31-2011
Med's Done....
RE MED. 03-12-2012
Passport Req..
12-20-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2012
shinigami said:
PDOS lng po ba ang mandatory before departure? thanks
opo, ang Aim ng Gov't natin is to monitor ang mga immigrants.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello guys!

Share ko lang problem ko dito maybe one of you can give me some insights or some clarrifications..

I am gathering all the documents now for the spousal sponsorship, but i have a 9 yr old daughter in the Phillippines,my parents has been taking care of her since i left and work abroad.

The problem is,upon getting her passport her father's appearance is needed kasi andun lang siya sa pinas din. Ilang beses ko na kinausap ang tatay niya pero ayaw talaga...ano ba kaya ang dapat kong gawin? wala ba kayang problema pag isasali ko pa rin siya but not accompanying kasi ayaw din pipirma ng tatay niya doon sa written agreement sa right to full custody..i dont know what to do..

Anong ilalagay ko doon sa details niya concerning sa passport? maybe i'll just make some explanation? would it be valid? pls anyone,help me.. ilang gabi na akong d makatulog sa kakaisip.

Thank you all,any response would be greatly appreciated.

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
mistletoes said:
Wala pa ako med result sa ecas, app received lang. Had my ppr feb 28 til now wla pa med result ko ;D
pareho vo natin mistletoes..ganyan din ako meron na ako ppr.. it takes 1 and half months to have medical result received hindi ko yan nakita since first..

rojamon27

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-31-2011
Med's Done....
RE MED. 03-12-2012
Passport Req..
12-20-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 2012
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello guys!

Share ko lang problem ko dito maybe one of you can give me some insights or some clarrifications..

I am gathering all the documents now for the spousal sponsorship, but i have a 9 yr old daughter in the Phillippines,my parents has been taking care of her since i left and work abroad.

The problem is,upon getting her passport her father's appearance is needed kasi andun lang siya sa pinas din. Ilang beses ko na kinausap ang tatay niya pero ayaw talaga...ano ba kaya ang dapat kong gawin? wala ba kayang problema pag isasali ko pa rin siya but not accompanying kasi ayaw din pipirma ng tatay niya doon sa written agreement sa right to full custody..i dont know what to do..

Anong ilalagay ko doon sa details niya concerning sa passport? maybe i'll just make some explanation? would it be valid? pls anyone,help me.. ilang gabi na akong d makatulog sa kakaisip.

Thank you all,any response would be greatly appreciated.
hi,I'm not an expert on this,I guess you need to consult a lawyer.

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
mistletoes said:
or else pareho kayo sa iba na application received lng then na dm....gudluck sa atin..gudnight people