App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
We are post-ITA and trying to collect documents. We don't claim any points from my spouse's work history but the IRCC requires me to add proof of employment letter. She only took "she is an employee here since XXX" but no mention of her responsibilities. Is it okay for IRCC If I only submit this document(she is an employee here) and write a letter of explanation that we don't claim any points from her job history?

Thank you for your help in advance

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
We are post-ITA and trying to collect documents. We don't claim any points from my spouse's work history but the IRCC requires me to add proof of employment letter. She only took "she is an employee here since XXX" but no mention of her responsibilities. Is it okay for IRCC If I only submit this document(she is an employee here) and write a letter of explanation that we don't claim any points from her job history?

This was the advice from a RCIC to me - You don't really need to submit docs for your spouse. Instead, list her work exp under personal history. The less documents you give to IRCC, the less time they'll take. If you don't add it under personal history of your spouse, you'll have to submit docs unnecessarily.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
Thank you. In the work history section there is a question "Does XXX have any work history? (required)", if I say no, it will be a lie? I am confused

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you. In the work history section there is a question "Does XXX have any work history? (required)", if I say no, it will be a lie? I am confused
yeah, so here's the video from a RCIC on this subject that should cover what to do (I've picked a timestamp for you as well):

The exact answer to your question is in this timestamp:

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

You are being asked spouse's employment documents because you mentioned that under Work History. Had it been under Personal History, you wont be asked.

sahilakagua

Star Member
Dec 19, 2021
App. Filed.......
11-04-2023
Doc's Request.
05-06-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Med's Done....
03-05-2023
yeah, so here's the video from a RCIC on this subject that should cover what to do (I've picked a timestamp for you as well):

The exact answer to your question is in this timestamp:
Thank you very much, the videos helped to ease anxiety :)

You are being asked spouse's employment documents because you mentioned that under Work History. Had it been under Personal History, you wont be asked.
Thanks, I will pick 'no' in the work history and move them into personal history.

One more question, she changed her surname because of marriage and then took her own original surname. Will just her passports and marriage certificate be enough? Her surname was X, then became X-Y, now X again.