+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse and children without applicant

sdffgg

Dec 14, 2010
Hi all,

I am the primary applicant ;D, I landed on Nov. 2009, then my wife and the kids landed on May 2010.
I have no intentions to live in Canada personally; I didn't even request for a SIN, no bank account, no driving license... when I landed.
I am going to send my wife with the kids to stay in Canada before Nov. 2011 and continue to supporting them while I work abroad.

My questions :eek::

1. Will me losing permanent residency affects the rest of the family? will they still be considered permanent residents?

2. Should I file taxes even though I am not living in Canada? and should I file starting from Nov. 2009 or upon becoming actual permanent resident, means having ties with Canada?

Thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your losing PR will not affect their PR.

Not sure about filing taxes. Husband and wife are one unit. If your wife files taxes in Canada, I do not know if you would have to file too listing your income as foreign income. You should ask a tax advisor about that. If you were single, you would definitely not file in Canada if you are not living in Canada.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not a resident yet, however I am married to a Canadian.
The CRA did ask me to provide details of all my income (worldwide).
Talk to a tax consultant.

gtahomes8

Feb 9, 2011
Are you not planning to go back to Canada from time to time ?

It would suggest for you to file a income tax, I think there is such a provision for PR who are working abroad. Visit their website and you might foind the answer