+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal WP

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hello guys,
My CEC application is under process with my wife as a secondary applicant and we got AOR as well. Now i am on BOWP.
The scenario is that I am living in Canada while my wife is in Pakistan. Now i want to apply for my wife'e WP as my spouse and travel visa so she could come to Canada sooner. I know for WP she would have to give a medical.

My question is, can I use the same medical for both her WP and our CEC PR application? I am expecting a medical request by end of feb-mar 2015 for our PR application. So if we perform medical for her WP application say in January, can we also use the same medical for PR purpose as a pre-request medical? If yes, then i can also do pre-medical for myself and quicken the entire process.

Let me know if anyone has any info on this.

Regards,
Mesum.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Hello guys,
My CEC application is under process with my wife as a secondary applicant and we got AOR as well. Now i am on BOWP.
The scenario is that I am living in Canada while my wife is in Pakistan. Now i want to apply for my wife'e WP as my spouse and travel visa so she could come to Canada sooner. I know for WP she would have to give a medical.

My question is, can I use the same medical for both her WP and our CEC PR application? I am expecting a medical request by end of feb-mar 2015 for our PR application. So if we perform medical for her WP application say in January, can we also use the same medical for PR purpose as a pre-request medical? If yes, then i can also do pre-medical for myself and quicken the entire process.

Let me know if anyone has any info on this.

Regards,
Mesum.
Yes, the medical is valid for one year. So, if your spouse did her medical for SOWP she doesn't have to do it again until the expiry of the same

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mesumrizvi said:
Now i want to apply for my wife'e WP as my spouse and travel visa so she could come to Canada sooner.

Regards,
Mesum.
So you mean you are applying for Spousal Open WP based on your CEC application and AOR ?
If Yes , then you can not as she is in not in canada

regarding your 2nd Q MR valid for 1 Year so if you fall under that time frame same result will work for you
Good Luck

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Thanks for your reply Ali.

So once we get her medical done, we have to ask the doctor to update the systems that this medical is for both the applications? How does that work?

Or do i have to notify CIC that her medical is done for WP and will it suffice for PR as well?

alijumani said:
Yes, the medical is valid for one year. So, if your spouse did her medical for SOWP she doesn't have to do it again until the expiry of the same

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
No. I am applying for her SOWP based on my BOWP. I know we cannot get a wp just cause a PR is under process.

CEC_1304 said:
So you mean you are applying for Spousal Open WP based on your CEC application and AOR ?
If Yes , then you can not as she is in not in canada

regarding your 2nd Q MR valid for 1 Year so if you fall under that time frame same result will work for you
Good Luck

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Thanks for your reply Ali.

So once we get her medical done, we have to ask the doctor to update the systems that this medical is for both the applications? How does that work?

Or do i have to notify CIC that her medical is done for WP and will it suffice for PR as well?
Once your spouse will done with her medical the doctor will update the results in CIC system with her UCI number. So, when CIC will start processing your CEC file they will able to see that your spouse medical has already been done on so and so date. SOWP takes six months to process from CHC Islamabad. You will get your MR for CEC before SOWP application. Anyways best of luck mate.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
OK we do not have her UCI yet as they send AOR email to the primary applicant only. But when we apply for her SOWP, she would get her UCI then and I am sure they would link it with our PR application as well.

In either case, I will email CIC about having pre-medicals for both of us for PR application. Hope this works. :)

Any idea what are the chances of getting SOWP? I just got my BOWP and plan to apply for her SOWP end of Dec. And then after that shall we apply for her travel visa from Pakistan or can i apply from here?

alijumani said:
Once your spouse will done with her medical the doctor will update the results in CIC system with her UCI number. So, when CIC will start processing your CEC file they will able to see that your spouse medical has already been done on so and so date. SOWP takes six months to process from CHC Islamabad. You will get your MR for CEC before SOWP application. Anyways best of luck mate.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
OK we do not have her UCI yet as they send AOR email to the primary applicant only. But when we apply for her SOWP, she would get her UCI then and I am sure they would link it with our PR application as well.

In either case, I will email CIC about having pre-medicals for both of us for PR application. Hope this works. :)

Any idea what are the chances of getting SOWP? I just got my BOWP and plan to apply for her SOWP end of Dec. And then after that shall we apply for her travel visa from Pakistan or can i apply from here?
Yes that would be a great idea once she receive her MR for SOWP you will also do your medical and email CIC with the receipt.

If you apply for SOWP work permit then you do not need the travel visa. Once she gets her work permit CHC Isbad will also stamp visa on her passport.

Well, I applied SOWP for my spouse on Feb 19, 2014 and got a rejection on May 29, 2014 because of the immigration lawyer mistake. He just fill the application forms and applied, what a scumbag.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
If time timelines for SOWP are 6 months, then i am sure we would get MR request for PR application before her SOWP MR request. I was assuming SOWP will be processed in Canada then applying for travel visa from Islamabad. *sigh*

I am planning to apply for her SOWP end of Dec as she is still in the process of updating her married status on CNIC and passport. But if the process is 6 months then its pretty lame. I was hoping it would be processed within 3 weeks like how they do for online wp applications.

And you are right about the lawyers and consultants :p.. i only used once and that was the worst response i ever got from CIC for any of my applications. And i have a very long history with CIC dating back since 2001 being international student lol. I guess we know better than most of the consultants here. Even for my BOWP issue applying without AOR, consultants gave me idea which was never gonna work for me but make them most money, asking me to apply for CEC, FSW, concurrently and becoming international student again and what not. To have multiple applications in place. Nobody told me about paper based BOWP.

Thanks to website like these people can avoid these scam consultants.

alijumani said:
Yes that would be a great idea once she receive her MR for SOWP you will also do your medical and email CIC with the receipt.

If you apply for SOWP work permit then you do not need the travel visa. Once she gets her work permit CHC Isbad will also stamp visa on her passport.

Well, I applied SOWP for my spouse on Feb 19, 2014 and got a rejection on May 29, 2014 because of the immigration lawyer mistake. He just fill the application forms and applied, what a scumbag.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
If time timelines for SOWP are 6 months, then i am sure we would get MR request for PR application before her SOWP MR request. I was assuming SOWP will be processed in Canada then applying for travel visa from Islamabad. *sigh*

I am planning to apply for her SOWP end of Dec as she is still in the process of updating her married status on CNIC and passport. But if the process is 6 months then its pretty lame. I was hoping it would be processed within 3 weeks like how they do for online wp applications.

And you are right about the lawyers and consultants :p.. i only used once and that was the worst response i ever got from CIC for any of my applications. And i have a very long history with CIC dating back since 2001 being international student lol. I guess we know better than most of the consultants here. Even for my BOWP issue applying without AOR, consultants gave me idea which was never gonna work for me but make them most money, asking me to apply for CEC, FSW and what not. To have multiple applications in place. Nobody told me about paper based.

Thanks to website like these people can avoid these scam consultants.
Yes absolutely, There are good lawyers also. I recently met one lawyer to discuss my CEC application which has so many discrepancies and also discussed regarding the rejection of my spouse work permit turns out the consultant whom I applied for my spouse work permit is not even registered with ICCRC and also read so many negative comments on internet. I hired him as our legal representative let see fingers crossed. In Sha Allah this time will get the WP.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Insha Allah all works out well for you.

Well yes there are some very nice ones also and one consultant told me about paper based BOWP without even charging me any fee as he is in Montreal and I am in Toronto communicating via emails. I will still pay him consulting fee since he was kind enough to give me his time and input.

alijumani said:
Yes absolutely, There are good lawyers also. I recently met one lawyer to discuss my CEC application which has so many discrepancies and also discussed regarding the rejection of my spouse work permit turns out the consultant whom I applied for my spouse work permit is not even registered with ICCRC and also read so many negative comments on internet. I hired him as our legal representative let see fingers crossed. In Sha Allah is time will get the WP.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
Insha Allah all works out well for you.

Well yes there are some very nice ones also and one consultant told me about paper based BOWP without even charging me any fee as he is in Montreal and I am in Toronto communicating only on emails. I will still pay him consulting fee since he was kind enough to give me his time and input.
We applied again for SOWP this time my immigration lawyer made a very strong case. Insha Allah very soon will going to get a good news.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
All the very best to you and your wife.

When i apply online for SOWP, it gets processed by CHC islamabad only?

alijumani said:
We applied again for SOWP this time my immigration lawyer made a very strong case. Insha Allah very soon will going to get a good news.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
mesumrizvi said:
All the very best to you and your wife.

When i apply online for SOWP, it gets processed by CHC islamabad only?
I wish you the same!

Yes, since your spouse's country of residence is Pakistan the application will process in Islamabad

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Damn thats bad news .. I didnt want it processed in Islamabad.. those guys are SLOWWWW!!

What are the odds of getting a visitor visa instead considering her PR is already in process?

alijumani said:
I wish you the same!

Yes, since your spouse's country of residence is Pakistan the application will process in Islamabad