+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal work permit got rejected

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mac2000gh said:
@ o_CANADA

According to my wife she given back the Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1], the person that received her application says she doesn't need it. Meanwhile she needs visa because is not Canada; what is going on?
Don't worry Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa is Optional Form , Its a kind of Add on to the Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] . It is required only in some cases, just to be on safer side I filled and submitted this through online application , but if the person who has recieved these filled form mentioned that its not required then its fine.

Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] will solve the Dual purpose of Work Permit and Visa Stamping, So just relax for now and wait for Medical Request :) Cheers!!!

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mac2000gh said:
@ o_CANADA

According to my wife she given back the Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1], the person that received her application says she doesn't need it. Meanwhile she needs visa because is not Canada; what is going on?

Don't worry Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa is Optional Form , Its a kind of Add on to the Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] . It is required only in some cases, just to be on safer side I filled and submitted this through online application , but if the person who has recieved these filled form mentioned that its not required then its fine.

Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] will solve the Dual purpose of Work Permit and Visa Stamping, So just relax for now and wait for Medical Request :) Cheers!!!

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
hi friends..i make an employment letter from my company , i make an affidavit showing that my fathers property have a share for me from an advocate, and i make a chartered accountant report showing all my financial assets, i also attach my exit paper from saudi arabia. is this papers help me to over come the 4 problems i discussed before..any seniors with good knowledge please help me..

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mac2000gh said:
@ o_CANADA

My wife has received Medical examination request/police report.
Wow Congrats !!!! for getting MR / police report .

Best of luck with the rest of the process. Chersss!!!!

joanenriquez

Jan 7, 2014
O_Canada said:
@ mac2000gh you are refering to an old form , Forms were updated in Dec 2012 I think.

Anyways for the latest list of forms Check this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

IMM 5257 - Schedule 1 Link for Downloading this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B_1.pdf

If still you are poointing to old form then Delete your Browser History and try downloading the forms again.

hi

Hi iam applying for SOWP what should i put in my application form which is in "application for work permit outside canada " form there is a box there mention about the employer in canada like " my Occupation in canada will be: and its asking job title and brief description of duties and also the working place, Iam applying for SOWP under my husband who is working as a cook in canada and also in the form it' s asking for LMO number which is I dont have yet and I think its not required for me..pls help me guys who had experienced in filled up this form.. and about cover letter what should i write there?
pls..pls

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joanenriquez said:
O_Canada said:
@ mac2000gh you are refering to an old form , Forms were updated in Dec 2012 I think.

Anyways for the latest list of forms Check this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

IMM 5257 - Schedule 1 Link for Downloading this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B_1.pdf

If still you are poointing to old form then Delete your Browser History and try downloading the forms again.

hi

Hi iam applying for SOWP what should i put in my application form which is in "application for work permit outside canada " form there is a box there mention about the employer in canada like " my Occupation in canada will be: and its asking job title and brief description of duties and also the working place, Iam applying for SOWP under my husband who is working as a cook in canada and also in the form it' s asking for LMO number which is I dont have yet and I think its not required for me..pls help me guys who had experienced in filled up this form.. and about cover letter what should i write there?
pls..pls
@joanenriquez ,

I believe it is an Open Work Permit you are applying for. An open work permit is not tied with any particular occupation or employer.
You can mention "Open Work Permit" and in the Address fieldsor other fields etc you may write "N/A - As this is an Open Work Permit"
I think the form might not be allowing you to keep LMO number Blank so enter "0000000" or "9999999" which ever number the form is accepting as both of these are dummy numbers and will pass form validation. In the cover letter you need to mention the reason that why you are applying for open work permit and assure visa office along with supporting documents that you have enough ties with the home country and upon the completion of your WP validity you will return back to home country. Good Luck.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
@ joanenriquez ,
I believe it is an Open Work Permit you are applying for. An open work permit is not tied with any particular occupation or employer.
You can mention "Open Work Permit" and in the Address fieldsor other fields etc you may write "N/A - As this is an Open Work Permit"
I think the form might not be allowing you to keep LMO number Blank so enter "0000000" or "9999999" which ever number the form is accepting as both of these are dummy numbers and will pass form validation. In the cover letter you need to mention the reason that why you are applying for open work permit and assure visa office that upon the completion of your WP validity you will return back to home country.
Also attach supporting documents with this letter that shows that you have strong ties with your home country , have sufficient financial funds and you have good prospects of your job in your home country. These documents will help visa officer to decide that you will return back to home country upon completion of your work permit validity. Good Luck.