+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal visa from pakistan

coco 898

Jul 20, 2010
hey ppl ...
how are you all ? i am a pakistani and my husband is sponsoring my visa ....i have two improtant questions to ask and really hope you can help me out here coz i am so confused.first of all do we have to send our original documents too when we are sending the papers for the first time in Mississauga.... i have attached copies of all the required certificates. if anyone has recently applied could shed some light on this ....

2nd most important can i apply for visit visa while this application is being processed ?

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coco 898 said:
hey ppl ...
how are you all ? i am a pakistani and my husband is sponsoring my visa ....i have two improtant questions to ask and really hope you can help me out here coz i am so confused.first of all do we have to send our original documents too when we are sending the papers for the first time in Mississauga.... i have attached copies of all the required certificates. if anyone has recently applied could shed some light on this ....

2nd most important can i apply for visit visa while this application is being processed ?
only send them the originals of the documents they ask for. but for example if ur talking about ur school degrees paycheques whatever that can be photocopies unless mentioned.
i think only the mariage certificate has to be original translated in english certified by an accredited translator. and your Opction-C from CRA.

regarding visit visa while you wait in ur countri origine. i will suggest you not doing so. when they see two different applications from the same person for the same reason of comign to canada then they get suspecious.
but the law allows u and immigration allows it toooo but ur just taking chances and ur basically giving another reason to the immigration officer to get more suspecious and more questions will arise.

yusuf

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
You only have to send original police check reports, and all the other documents send as photocopies for example marriage certificate, college degrees, etc etc. You should check the document checklist to make sure what documents are required as originals.

Take care

warya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey its different for Pakistani applicants. you have to send originals of pretty much everything they've asked for. like police reports, medical, nikah nama, school degrees unless they mentioned to send the photocopy. see the checklist for Pakistani applicants.
For phone bills, plane tickets etc you can send the photocopy.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry coco if i misleading no body. i dont know about countri pakistani but check with wayra he looks like she knows more than me. but for ur mariage certificate you never send ORIGINAL. but u send a notarized copy of ur mariage certificate.

what language they speaks in pakistani? is national languge in pakistan Arabic or Faarsi? if ur original mariage certificate is not in ENGLISH OR FRENCH then u has to make certified translation by translator and then send that one in to CIC-M

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
when i applied for my wife in june 2009 i sent my nikkah s photocopy,in october they asked for the originals. so send everything original.secondly from Pakistan you cannot apply for a visitors visa as long as you have filed for immigration.

Another major delay is caused by the maling system from islamabad to Canada. it takes forever to get here and we easily get delayed.My PHEP Letter alongwith re med were mailed onthe 30 june 2010 and still hav nt received them.does anyone know how long it takes??????????? or shouldi write them an e mail to send me the tracking number.................

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is weird.why pakistan embsay dont allow visitor visa while permanent residucne application is being procesed

yusuf

warya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joecreosta said:
sorry coco if i misleading no body. i dont know about countri pakistani but check with wayra he looks like she knows more than me. but for ur mariage certificate you never send ORIGINAL. but u send a notarized copy of ur mariage certificate.

what language they speaks in pakistani? is national languge in pakistan Arabic or Faarsi? if ur original mariage certificate is not in ENGLISH OR FRENCH then u has to make certified translation by translator and then send that one in to CIC-M
I've applied to sponsor my husband thats why I know. we speak Urdu in Pakistan. Coco you need to send the original, and a copy of certified translation. If you dont send the original they would ask you for the original later.

baba786

Jul 22, 2010
connect786 said:
secondly from Pakistan you cannot apply for a visitors visa as long as you have filed for immigration.
Hi,

I created an account on this site today just to say that it is absolutely not true. :)

Please don't spread misinformation.

Baba.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why in pakistan they ask for all original papers? i thought you have to have a original mariage certificate with you all ur life so u have a proof ur married to this person.
then why pakistan differE>t

warya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^ In Pakistan, we get 4 or 5 (not sure) original copies of marriage certificate. Plus, they usually give everything back to you once the process is over.

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
baba786 said:
Hi,

I created an account on this site today just to say that it is absolutely not true. :)

Please don't spread misinformation.

Baba.
i think you need to get your facts straight my friend. I applied for a visitors visa for my wife 3 months after filing for her immigration,received a rejection letter stating that "WE CANNOT PROCESS 2 APPLICATIONS FOR THE SAME APPLICANT AT THE SAME TIME."

I dont know how else to understand this very obvious point that we cannot apply for a visit visa as long as our application is filed for immigration.

baba786

Jul 22, 2010
connect786 said:
i think you need to get your facts straight my friend. I applied for a visitors visa for my wife 3 months after filing for her immigration,received a rejection letter stating that "WE CANNOT PROCESS 2 APPLICATIONS FOR THE SAME APPLICANT AT THE SAME TIME."

I dont know how else to understand this very obvious point that we cannot apply for a visit visa as long as our application is filed for immigration.
I think you need to get your facts straight my friend. It is clearly stated on the CIC website that if an application for permenant residence is made out side of Canada then the person being sponsored can enter or leave Canada as long as all the requirements are met to enter Canada.

Outside Canada
average of 6 to 12 months to process routine applications
right of appeal
you can leave and re-enter Canada while your application is being processed as long as you meet all requirements to enter Canada
if you want to work in Canada while your application is being processed, you must apply for a regular work permit
Furthermore, there is the dual-intent directive that further clearifies the position. Please read it carefully. You should have referenced that in the letter as well. Do a search on "Dual Intent" on the CIC site.

I am sorry to hear that your application for a visitor visa was rejected. However, that was not the case for me and i am sure for many others as well.

Baba.