+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
CIC wants to cancel the documents they gave you.did you get married after receiving CoPR?if you got married after then it’s not a big deal you can just sponsor your sponsor on your arrival.but if you were married before application did you disclose that you were married?
I got married after receiving the CoPR and I haven't completed my landing yet, so technically I'm not a PR in order to sponsor her. Moreover, from what I gather, sponsoring a spouse from Canada would be more tedious than requesting an addition to the application.

My question is - based on their wording, is this actually a PPR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got married after receiving the CoPR and I haven't completed my landing yet, so technically I'm not a PR in order to sponsor her. Moreover, from what I gather, sponsoring a spouse from Canada would be more tedious than requesting an addition to the application.

Yes, you must advise before landing.

Whether it's a PPR: does it ask you to submit the passport for the spouse as well? Or just your own?

If the latter, it sounds like they are asking you to submit to cancel the existing one. If the former, it's the PPR.

Note, this is the family sponsorship forum, where subject is mostly sponsorship of spouses (by those who are already PRs or citizens) - for better information about adding to your existing PR application, ask in the relevant forum.

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
Hi,
Does IRCC email you when your file is assigned to one visa officer for processing? Or is that not always the case and it just gets processed even without email notice?

Mrsnandhu

Jun 5, 2021
I got biometric request on 03 May 2021. I'm waiting to complete my biometrics because VFS offices in India are closed.. Until 1 week ago GCkey showed that they need my fingerprints to process my application. But now it shows they have not received my fingerprints. Is this a good sign that they started processing my application...????

Are they processing the application of PA in India??

VO: Ottawa
Outland application
PA from India

Michael85

May 25, 2021
Hi guys,
My wife submitted Outland sponsorship file on July 2019 for me, and fortunately I received pre-arrival letter on 4th of March 2021. But still we are waiting for PPR. I already did the medical. Does anyone know timeline for the PPR after receiving the pre-arrival letter? It seems they are doing the background check for me!!!
thanks

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021

I suggest getting in touch with CIC cauce that wording clearly says bring everything we have given you for cancellation so you can start a new application. You need to be approved to sponsor once you are a permanent resident. Good luck

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I suggest getting in touch with CIC cauce that wording clearly says bring everything we have given you for cancellation so you can start a new application. You need to be approved to sponsor once you are a permanent resident. Good luck
Sorry, that's wrong - the message literally said "You must provide us with these original documents in addition
to the other requested documents for us to continue with your application process." Not start a new application.

If I understand correctly, he must include the spouse in the ongoing application (as either accompanying or non-accompanying). But beyond that, he should be asking these questions in the correct forum.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

ram211991

Jan 25, 2016
People who are waiting for VFS offices to open in India needs a separate support group in my opinion. What are the alternatives to give biometrics in the case it never opens? Any other countries where we could safely travel & give it? Any suggestion is appreciated! Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Even if he’s not using e-medical ?
To he honest I don't even know what e-medical is, sounds like some bad internet name from early 2001.

As afar as I'm aware the panel physicians submit directly for all spousal sponsorship, outland at least. Whether they do it by fax or AOL accounts,don't know.

• Haha
Reactions: Idrissrafd

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Sorry, that's wrong - the message literally said "You must provide us with these original documents in addition
to the other requested documents for us to continue with your application process." Not start a new application.

If I understand correctly, he must include the spouse in the ongoing application (as either accompanying or non-accompanying). But beyond that, he should be asking these questions in the correct forum.
Guess you missed the other part of it. But he can read the correspondence again and contact CIC .thanks

zy03

Feb 15, 2016
+63
Hi all!

I sent my application via Purolator to 49 Dorschester but when I checked the tracking details it mentioned "Shipment delivered to ADAM at: SHIPPING DOCK of CASE PROCESSING CENTRE PO BOX 10030, SYDNEY- , B1P7C1 " should I be worried? Though I ask the Purolator Customer Rep - and mentioned that they dropped it to the Mail Room which is " CASE PROCESSING CENTRE PO BOX 10030, SYDNEY- , B1P7C1"..

Thanks.