canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am applying family sponsorship application for my Wife(Indian Citizen) and 2 kids(US Citizen). I recently moved to Canada, as they do not have a PR I am unable to get my family to Canada. Can I apply for a visitor visa for my wife while the PR application in process?

Also below are the application forms I am submitting for the sponsorship application, please let me know If there are more forms required.

imm1344e
imm5532e
imm5481e
imm1283e
imm0008enu_2d
eimm5669e
imm5406e
imm5532e

Regards,
Karthik
She can apply for a TRV but chances of approval are low.

Follow the checklist to see what forms are required.

Reactions: Belarusian

Kanrav56

Jan 6, 2020
Does anyone know how long does it take to get PPR request after the RPRF has been paid and the receipt has been uploaded? Also the file is being processed in CPC Mississauga. I mean my wife got her visitor visa approved so that’s great. But, we don’t want to waste money on return ticket and have her come here on visitor if the PR is going to get approved soon. We would much rather prefer she comes on PR directly.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Does anyone know how long does it take to get PPR request after the RPRF has been paid and the receipt has been uploaded? Also the file is being processed in CPC Mississauga. I mean my wife got her visitor visa approved so that’s great. But, we don’t want to waste money on return ticket and have her come here on visitor if the PR is going to get approved soon. We would much rather prefer she comes on PR directly.
There is no set time.

She can send her passport and land while in Canada.

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi All,
I am in the process of filling up spousal application and have a query.
My spouse had taken up IELTS Academic test 4 years back.
In IMM0008, for the question, have you taken a test to assess your proficiency in english? , should i answer yes/no. Asking this as the test has already expired.

Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
I am in the process of filling up spousal application and have a query.
My spouse had taken up IELTS Academic test 4 years back.
In IMM0008, for the question, have you taken a test to assess your proficiency in english? , should i answer yes/no. Asking this as the test has already expired.

Thanks in advance.
IELTS is not required for spousal sponsorship, so you can say no.

Baes

Jul 11, 2019
Hi Everyone - Is there an application here that is already 8 months after application received, and still there’s no update? No biometric request, no sponsor approval? Mine is PA - from Philippines, Sponsor is PR from Toronto. Can you please advise what we should do so that our application will progress?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone - Is there an application here that is already 8 months after application received, and still there’s no update? No biometric request, no sponsor approval? Mine is PA - from Philippines, Sponsor is PR from Toronto. Can you please advise what we should do so that our application will progress?
You can't do anything to make your app progress. If you haven't heard anything for 8 months, why have you not contacted IRCC months ago?

Baes

Jul 11, 2019
You can't do anything to make your app progress. If you haven't heard anything for 8 months, why have you not contacted IRCC months ago?
We already contacted and asked for MP’s help and they’re saying it’s just in progress. Not sure if anyone experienced this before or if someone is currently at this stage, hence checking.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We already contacted and asked for MP’s help and they’re saying it’s just in progress. Not sure if anyone experienced this before or if someone is currently at this stage, hence checking.
Order GCMS notes.

Reactions: Baes

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello,

I have a great inquiry.

My boyfriend and I would soon like to apply for a sponsorship spousal program (meaning we would be getting married soon too)
I have a visitor visa that expires in 10 years so I can definitely be traveling.
But to be honest, he would like to have me for 6 months if possible and then request for a visitor record of at least 6 months as well.
During this period, his idea is to get married and apply for an inland sponsorship spouse.
I have seen this option can vary so much in timeframes and is risky if process is started and the visitor record is declined or expired.

I would like to ask what is the best suggestion you can make for this, or what steps are better.
Should we get married before the first 6 months of visitor start?
At the moment of requesting a visitor record, can it be included the reason is for inland sponsorship?
What's the best way to to here?

I will appreciate everyone's feedback!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have a great inquiry.

My boyfriend and I would soon like to apply for a sponsorship spousal program (meaning we would be getting married soon too)
I have a visitor visa that expires in 10 years so I can definitely be traveling.
But to be honest, he would like to have me for 6 months if possible and then request for a visitor record of at least 6 months as well.
During this period, his idea is to get married and apply for an inland sponsorship spouse.
I have seen this option can vary so much in timeframes and is risky if process is started and the visitor record is declined or expired.

I would like to ask what is the best suggestion you can make for this, or what steps are better.
Should we get married before the first 6 months of visitor start?
At the moment of requesting a visitor record, can it be included the reason is for inland sponsorship?
What's the best way to to here?

I will appreciate everyone's feedback!
When to marry is your personal decision.

As long as you can show proof of finances, you should be fine to apply for a visitor extension.

Reactions: kvonrosen

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
When to marry is your personal decision.

As long as you can show proof of finances, you should be fine to apply for a visitor extension.

Thanks!
It's more likely he would be sponsoring my stay in canada after I run out if my own money, I was reading this can be included on the extension request; if someone is sponsoring the extra stay.

Would that be correct?

Reactions: DiiDii