+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Emily2301 said:
Hi rjessome, thanks for the confirmation! And it wouldn't matter if I applied for PR while on implied status?
Still losing sleep over the decision... What do you say to my questions above (red)? Return flight and family obligations are enough proof if I tried re-entering in June?
If I applied for the extension, should I only mention the relationship or also the PLANNED sponsorship application?

Thanks again!!
You can apply for PR anytime you are eligible, no matter your status. I can't tell you whether or not what you suggest is enough proof. I'm not a CBSA officer so I won't be the one examining you at the border. All I can tell you is to answer honestly what is asked at the border. You don't have to volunteer further information.

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
rjessome said:
You can apply for PR anytime you are eligible, no matter your status. I can't tell you whether or not what you suggest is enough proof. I'm not a CBSA officer so I won't be the one examining you at the border. All I can tell you is to answer honestly what is asked at the border. You don't have to volunteer further information.
Thank you for all your replies, rjessome! I greatly appreciate it! Good to know that I can apply while on implied status. I understand that you can't tell me if what I have is enough proof to be safe at the border. I was hoping you or someone else was in a similar situation before (or has heard of someone in a similar situation) and could give me some reassurance... but I understand there is never a guarantee. (I now dread every time that I will have to re-enter because I read so many negative things) I might be able to get in contact with a former CBSA officer; I will post if I receive any feedback or suggestions, maybe someone else is looking for the same information.

In the meantime, the only questions I would like to repeat are: Can I indicate family obligations as a reason for our 2 week separation once I apply for PR as common-law partners? And how much funds would I need for an extension (visitor) for 6 months/ 1 year?

Thank you so much!

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pakistani National Applying from London

Hi. I am a Pakistani national living in UK since last two years as an immigrant. My wife is living in Canada. Kindly explain me if I apply through London office how long it will take to process my application for PR visa????? either my application will be processed faster than Pakistan where it takes about 2 years or it will take normal 7 to 8 months like other applications being processed now a days for applicants from London??? Further which documents requirements shall I meet for London office or the requirements for Pakistan one???

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Pakistani National Applying from London

Pak-UK said:
Hi. I am a Pakistani national living in UK since last two years as an immigrant. My wife is living in Canada. Kindly explain me if I apply through London office how long it will take to process my application for PR visa????? either my application will be processed faster than Pakistan where it takes about 2 years or it will take normal 7 to 8 months like other applications being processed now a days for applicants from London??? Further which documents requirements shall I meet for London office or the requirements for Pakistan one???
Hello,

London office is definitely faster than Islamabad although it will take longer than British passport holders!

use Region specific form for west europe!
every case is unique, therefor, no one can tell you how long will it take, it depends on individual circumstances!

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hsbalouch said:
Hello,

London office is definitely faster than Islamabad although it will take longer than British passport holders!

use Region specific form for west europe!
every case is unique, therefor, no one can tell you how long will it take, it depends on individual circumstances!
What educational documents I need to provide them??? And approximately how long it will take to process the application?? I think you also have the same case as mine....

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Pak-UK said:
What educational documents I need to provide them??? And approximately how long it will take to process the application?? I think you also have the same case as mine....
yes you are right, i have the same case and i applied through London, first stage of the process which is sponsorship approval will take about 30-45 days(you may want to see this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) if your application is complete and you have included all the requested documents at this stage, second stage could take upto 8 months if everything is in order, add another two months if you pay fee in parts and add aproximately two more months if an interview is required!

you dont need to provide any educational documents at this point, if they need it they will ask for it. but my understanding says that no educational documents are required for spousal cases unless to determine how and where that period was spent!

this means we are looking at from anywhere 6 to 10 months, but again, every case is handled on individual basis!

hope this helps, seniors can be more precise on things i have mentioned!

Pak-UK

Mar 21, 2011
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hsbalouch said:
yes you are right, i have the same case and i applied through London, first stage of the process which is sponsorship approval will take about 30-45 days(you may want to see this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp) if your application is complete and you have included all the requested documents at this stage, second stage could take upto 8 months if everything is in order, add another two months if you pay fee in parts and add aproximately two more months if an interview is required!

you dont need to provide any educational documents at this point, if they need it they will ask for it. but my understanding says that no educational documents are required for spousal cases unless to determine how and where that period was spent!

this means we are looking at from anywhere 6 to 10 months, but again, every case is handled on individual basis!

hope this helps, seniors can be more precise on things i have mentioned!
Thanks for your feedback. Still I got some confusion, a month ago when I was collecting the required documents, I was advised by some one on this forum to fulfill the requirements for both regions. Now I am confused either I should provide documents as per European check list or Pakistani one. Can You list down the documents you provided so it would be easier for me to complete the application pack accurately.

melouttamegacity

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Request
x-ray req'd - 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-08-2011
Interview........
Waived! Woohoo!
Passport Req..
20-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Once your spouse has been approved to come to Canada, how long do they give you spouse to get their stuff in order before they make their flight to Canada?

dila2401

May 18, 2011
I am Adam , and living in ontario now .... my girl is back home in island of Mauritius ... a small island in the indian ocean ... this is my country of origins ...

She has started her immigration procedures .. since June 2010 and until now she has recieved her File number and is waiting that the procedure move ... as we all know it lenthy procedure...

I am trying to find out of some others routes to make her come to canda .... i have not yet try sponsoring her since i recently find a job ... i wonder how long sponsoring will take ?

She has enough point for immigration since she hold a BSc in Social Work and Post Graduate in Counselling ...

The agent we have contacted work for Joomratty lawyer and he is not able to give us enough information about how to proceed... my girl was looking forward to come over here for studies ..hoping she could unhook a scholarship ... but studies also very costly ....btoh of us wont afford that ...

what can you suggest to us about the different alternative we hold that she may join me soon ...

hoping to hear from u soon ...

Regards

Adam

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melouttamegacity said:
Once your spouse has been approved to come to Canada, how long do they give you spouse to get their stuff in order before they make their flight to Canada?
The medicals are valid for a year so the PR visa usually has an expiry date at the 1 year anniversary of the medicals except if the passport expires before then, then it is the expiry date of the passport,

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
Leon said:
The medicals are valid for a year so the PR visa usually has an expiry date at the 1 year anniversary of the medicals except if the passport expires before then, then it is the expiry date of the passport,

Leon,
I saw this somewhere on the website and didn't quite understand. If, for example, my medicals will expire in late October, does that mean I will get my PR visa before then, so that I can 'land' before that day in October? What happens if I don't get my visa before then? Do I have to pay the $500 again for another medical exam? My passport doesn't expire until 2020.

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm not sure I understand.

sum122119

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Lodon Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
25 FEB 2010
AOR Received.
19 Aug 2010
IELTS Request
sent with the doc result 7 bands
File Transfer...
27 July
Med's Request
awaited
Med's Done....
awaited
Interview........
hope not to go for.
Passport Req..
awaited
VISA ISSUED...
awaited
LANDED..........
awaited

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boomerang11 said:
Leon,
I saw this somewhere on the website and didn't quite understand. If, for example, my medicals will expire in late October, does that mean I will get my PR visa before then, so that I can 'land' before that day in October? What happens if I don't get my visa before then? Do I have to pay the $500 again for another medical exam? My passport doesn't expire until 2020.

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm not sure I understand.
Right, if your medicals expire end of October and you don't get your visa before then, they will ask you to repeat them.

troeli

May 9, 2011
Hello everybody,

I have a question, everybody is talking about landing date. Does the visa office tell you which date you are allowed to go to Canada for immigration?