United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Pretty basic. All the forms are online.. Their pretty self explanatory. There is a document checklist to Make sure you dont forget anything, and this group if you have any questions :)
I heard the you need to prepare a document sharing the whole story of the relationship, is that true? as i dont see anything of that in the forms

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I heard the you need to prepare a document sharing the whole story of the relationship, is that true? as i dont see anything of that in the forms
No I don't think so. There a section I think, unless they changed it, that ask when you meet and how you met. But that's it. It's form imm5533 (relationship info) just basic relationship stuff

Last edited:

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Check the IMM5532, there are questions about your relationship that are answerable by yes or no. If your answer is no, you have to provide further details and explanation to support your answer.

Reactions: hassaan_anwar

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Check the IMM5532, there are questions about your relationship that are answerable by yes or no. If your answer is no, you have to provide further details and explanation to support your answer.
I also read in some groups that couples who are not married (in conjugal relationship) and those of in the “same sex marriage”, need to provide written explanation to support their relationship. Others were also required to submit affidavit from friends or from people who knew them personally to justify that their relationship is real.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I also read in some groups that couples who are not married (in conjugal relationship) and those of in the “same sex marrige, need to provide written explanation to support their relationship. Others were also required to submit affidavit from friends or from people who knew them personally to justify that their relationship is real.
Stop going off of what you are reading and follow the checklist and guide. People are NOT REQUIRED to provide an explanation of their relationship just because they are not married or are same-sex.

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,
I found the instructions on sending application is bit confusing. In the check list, it says if your spouse is living outside of Canada (which is my case), send the application package to CPC Mississauga. On the other hand, in the application guide, it says,

"Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed."

Can anyone please help? My spouse lives outside of Canada and never been to here as well. Where should I send her application to?
Thanks so much.
If your checklist says to send it to Mississauga, you have an old checklist. You need to get a new checklist

Dec 23, 2018
No that's absolutely not true, you have to provide proof of relationship, depending whether the principal applicant lives in or outside Canada the way to prove it may differ, but certainly not a whole story, the instructions can be found on the checklists

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

I would like to ask for your help.

My husband (who is a Canadian citizen) submitted spouse visa on dated Oct 24, 2018 but still no response from cic What we can do? How long it will take time?
By me it took almost 3 months for them to reply to us, but guess what, we last week received the confirmation of PR just 9 months after applying

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I also read in some groups that couples who are not married (in conjugal relationship) and those of in the “same sex marriage”, need to provide written explanation to support their relationship. Others were also required to submit affidavit from friends or from people who knew them personally to justify that their relationship is real.
No. Relationship cover letters (what you describe here, the letter that chronicles your relationship) is not mandatory for anyone, but people can include it if they like.

Letters from family and friends are one type of supporting relationship proof that anyone can include (married, conjugal, common law), but they're in that section where you're offered more options than you need to pick, so again, you could pick others and not include the letters.

There are absolutely no special requirements for same sex relationships and marriages. They're treated the same as their hetero counterparts.

Reactions: Happy_mjr

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Helloo everyone, i am november 2017 applicant , from two months my applicAtion is in queue for interview.Can anyone tell me about this , and how much should i wait until they send me a date for beeing interviewed?

Pakmarry

Dec 24, 2018
I want an appointment for a medical examination for Canada immigration but I have a problem my medical instruction letter was issued on 4th December, 2018 but I haven't received it yet because of the postal strike in Canada these days. I want a suggestion what should I do now?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I want an appointment for a medical examination for Canada immigration but I have a problem my medical instruction letter was issued on 4th December, 2018 but I haven't received it yet because of the postal strike in Canada these days. I want a suggestion what should I do now?
you could call them, or send letter on webform and ask them to send you the medical form through email. This process is honestly, in my opinion, so much faster and easier if you recieve the correspondence through email. Especially with the strike thing on right now