+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi,
@canuck_in_uk
I have received my passport request for PR and thinking to land in Canada in February. I have included my spouse in application as Non accompanying. I have decided to sponsor my spouse as soon as I land in Canada.
1. Will there be any problem in spousal application because I applied as soon as I land?
2. I will start job-hunting when I land and as such what can be provided to satisfy that I can provide basic need to my spouse. (I have CAD19000 in my savings account. Can I provide them account statement? Will that be enough?)
3. My spouse has undergone Medicals in June and also has PCC. She did it as part of our express entry application. Can I provide them with same PCC and medicals for sponsorship application?

Thanks for your time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
@canuck_in_uk
I have received my passport request for PR and thinking to land in Canada in February. I have included my spouse in application as Non accompanying. I have decided to sponsor my spouse as soon as I land in Canada.
1. Will there be any problem in spousal application because I applied as soon as I land?
2. I will start job-hunting when I land and as such what can be provided to satisfy that I can provide basic need to my spouse. (I have CAD19000 in my savings account. Can I provide them account statement? Will that be enough?)
3. My spouse has undergone Medicals in June and also has PCC. She did it as part of our express entry application. Can I provide them with same PCC and medicals for sponsorship application?

Thanks for your time.
1. No.

2. Show a detailed plan and your savings.

3. The same medical, yes, though she will likely be required to do another one depending on how long the process takes. She will need new PCCs.

Reactions: metabug

bakshim

May 7, 2012
Good day everybody...i have submitted my wife's application for spouse outside canada on 27th july..never heard anything from cic yet..and now she is 3 weeks pregnent...will this delay the process because her medical is not done yet...thnks

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! I'm currently filling an application form for spousal visa under family class. I know this may sound too simple but do you fill the online application form in all caps/block letters or?
Also, when you sign some of the forms electronically, validate them and print them out for handwritten signature, do they have to look exactly like the electronic signature (full name printed on the application form) or could it be cursive and stylized? Thanks!

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
A quick question regarding PA BG check...

In Principle application Background check....what they are checking...have they contacting principal applicant's employer??

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
I would not think so, it’s most probably checking databases and contacting foreign governments/police to see if they have a file on PA

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
My wife from Morocco passes her medical exam in Oct 2018 after I get email from officerVisa request additional documents I did submit them on November 8 ,2018. Can anyone knowwhat next stap ?
Hello, you will receive a response to say that your wife either passed or did not pass the health check and then you will probably not hear anything from them for a few months.

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
382 day today without decison made , without prearrivial, in queue for interview but without a date .. i really wish all of you to be lucky in this process ... i am not lucky , is so frustated

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm currently filling an application form for spousal visa under family class. I know this may sound too simple but do you fill the online application form in all caps/block letters or?
Also, when you sign some of the forms electronically, validate them and print them out for handwritten signature, do they have to look exactly like the electronic signature (full name printed on the application form) or could it be cursive and stylized? Thanks!
We filled it out normally, but I don't think anything prevents you from filling it in all caps if you like it better that way.

They need your actual signature, not just printing your name.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
382 day today without decison made , without prearrivial, in queue for interview but without a date .. i really wish all of you to be lucky in this process ... i am not lucky , is so frustated
Contact your local MP, get your GCMS notes and call immigration to get to the bottom of the delay. If the CIC site says it takes 12 months to process your application and depending on the LVO for the Applicant and you have gone past the 12 months, then you are absolutely within your right to investigate and get answers for the delay.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Contact your local MP, get your GCMS notes and call immigration to get to the bottom of the delay. If the CIC site says it takes 12 months to process your application and depending on the LVO for the Applicant and you have gone past the 12 months, then you are absolutely within your right to investigate and get answers for the delay.
I agree about contacting to see what's up but IRCC's target was to process most applications in 12 months - not a promise, and does not include extenuating circumstances, like when an interview is required. The interview throws the timeline out the window, unfortunately.

Things that can cause delays:

• Your medical and security screening takes longer than usual
  • We need to interview you
  • You communicate with us by mail instead of using an online account
  • You don’t respond to our requests for information quickly
  • High numbers of applications

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
We filled it out normally, but I don't think anything prevents you from filling it in all caps if you like it better that way.

They need your actual signature, not just printing your name.
Thanks for your reply! When I sign the application by hand should I use my actual signature which is stylized and cursive or just write my full name (as i did with electronic signature)

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for your reply! When I sign the application by hand should I use my actual signature which is stylized and cursive or just write my full name (as i did with electronic signature)
Like I said, whatever your actual signature is - your signature you use on your documents, and whenever you need to sign something. For most people it's some sort of a cursive hybrid thing. This is the same for all the other forms - sign with your actual signature.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
I agree about contacting to see what's up but IRCC's target was to process most applications in 12 months - not a promise, and does not include extenuating circumstances, like when an interview is required. The interview throws the timeline out the window, unfortunately.

But hopefully by contacting their local MP, there is a clearer idea as to what the hold up is. I think that is the question, what is the hold up, is what this individual would like to know. That would be my question too. I have another five months to go before I can start getting really anxious. :eek: If I were in this persons shoes, I would be doing everything to get "some" answers. o_O